[Bananas] Cannot upload NewGRF file

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[Bananas] Cannot upload NewGRF file

Post by TadeuszD »

I have problem with uploading newer version of my NewGRF to Bananas... :(
Tested on FF and IE. No firewalls, no other blocking software...
I go to http://bananas.openttd.org/en/manager/ and click 'Update' link. Next I fill the form, select the '.tar' file to upload and select 'I acknowledge that I am the author...' option. But when I click 'Upload' button nothing happens... Browser reports 'Sending request to bananas.openttd.org...'. No transfer are reported by the connection monitor. After few minutes the browser reports timeout error or 'The server resets the connection'.
A few month ago I was uploaded current version of my set without any errors. The size of .tar file is < 1MB. Any ideas?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: [Bananas] Cannot upload NewGRF file

Post by planetmaker »

While 1MByte should not pose a problem, did you try to upload by means of musa?
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

planetmaker wrote:While 1MByte should not pose a problem, did you try to upload by means of musa?
Strange case. I could upload the mentioned file to many other www services, but not to the bananas.openttd.org. Currently I uploaded this file using another computer located in another IP range.

How does the bananas.openttd.org upload the contents? Does it use standard HTTP POST functionality or use third party scripts?
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

The problem continues... :( I can't upload the ~1MB file on BaNaNaS. The browser sends content and next receives message "Connection reset by the server". :(
I'm using FireFox with noscript. But it doesn't work even if noscript is completely disabled... :roll:
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

HTTP upload has problems with large files. try MUSA (find link somewhere in this forum)
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Eddi wrote:...with large files.
1 MB is the large file? I can upload this file to many other www services (it takes about 5 sec.), but not to BaNaNaS. It looks something wrong...

Edit: the fifth attempt was successful. But it still does not look good...

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”