Mesdames et Messieurs,
I'm honored to present you the first release of theFrench Trains Set (Narrow Gauge)
Version 1.0.02 is the first fully playable public release, and it includes locomotives, railcars, and wagons spanning from the early 1880s, when most narrow gauge railway networks got started, until the present days. It models a bunch or real-world companies, each with its historical rolling stock and liveries.
ECS and FIRS (up to version 3.0.10) industry sets are fully supported.
The Set can be played in either Temperate or Arctic climates and comes in two flavors: a "basic" one focused on the most common rolling stock across the country (mainly steamers and diesels), and an "alpine" one centered on mountain lines and their rolling stock (mainly electrics).
For those who don't care about realism, historical correctness and other geeky rivet counter stuff, there is also a "toy" mode that's more faithful to the simple, immediate style of the original TTD.
The Set also includes its own new tracks, featuring 7 track types in total. Each track type comes with new graphics and specific characteristics.
The Set is fully translated in French and Italian, and partly translated in German, Spanish, and Dutch. Help with translations would be much, much appreciated: a file containing all the Set's strings is attached here, for those who would like to contribute.
For the moment, the Set will only be available here, alongside its "do not read me" documentation. Since it doesn't follow GPL, I can't really post it on the online content, and so far I don't have any webpage where it could be hosted.
I'll be mainly working on the Standard Gauge French Set from now on, but I'll keep maintaining this Set in terms of bug fixes, and possibly support for new OTTD features. I'll also try to keep up with any new cargoes FIRS might come up with in the future
-- CHANGE LOG
5/11/2019: Version 1.1 released!
* Trains and Tracks Set: Added concept of "maximum axle weight" as a new "realistic feature" (can be disabled through a parameter)
* Tracks Set: Added a few additional track types (to add differentiation based on axle weight)
* Trains Set: Introduced "stowage factors" for freight wagons as a new "realistic feature" (can be disabled through a parameter)
* Trains Set: Added 121T fast steamer of "Chemins de Fer du Sud de la France"
* Trains Set: Split multiple generations of 030T early steamer, BB400 late diesel as separate IDs
* Trains Set: Fixed stats of some steamers (in the light of my recent work to estimate power of SG steamers)
* Trains Set: Various bug fixes (mainly removed interferences among parameters)
* Translations: Completed German translation (courtesy of MB
* Updated donotreadme
The addition of a few new engine IDs makes version 1.1 savegame incompatible with version 1.0.
28/1/2019: Updated French Rails Set (fixed issue with accents)
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here