Happy Independence Day, America!

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6859
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by kamnet » 04 Jul 2012 14:05

Replaces the town statue with a flag of the United States of America.
Attachments
usaflag-300x200.png
usaflag-300x200.png (29.92 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
usaflag.grf
(650 Bytes) Downloaded 508 times

User avatar
Lukenwolf
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 81
Joined: 14 Jun 2012 12:09
Location: Nordschleifistan, Germanyland

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Lukenwolf » 04 Jul 2012 19:27

oh dear Image

:lol: :lol:
Beer is not the answer. It's the question, and the answer is YES.

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 493
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Andrew350 » 04 Jul 2012 20:32

Lukenwolf wrote:oh dear Image

:lol: :lol:
What was that for?

User avatar
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 7032
Joined: 10 Sep 2006 19:12
Location: Adwick-Le-Street.

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Badger » 04 Jul 2012 20:55

Rudeness and ignorance.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

User avatar
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2097
Joined: 23 Dec 2004 18:31
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Railwaymodeler » 05 Jul 2012 00:14

Lukenwolf wrote:oh dear Image

:lol: :lol:
What? You got a problem with America, or something?

Anyway, thanks, kamnet. I'm going to download this and use it today.

Happy Independence day!
Without Trains America Stops

Image
Image

User avatar
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1889
Joined: 06 Mar 2007 19:32
Location: In The Dark

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Nite Owl » 05 Jul 2012 01:08

Just to be clear:

Is this Grf replacing a statue that is randomly built by the town or is it replacing the statue that your company can place in the town to boost your station ratings? Given the placement in your screenshot I am thinking it is the company placed statue that this Grf is replacing but I (and possibly others) would like to be 100% sure.

Yes - I will test it for myself when the opportunity arises but it is better to have such information here to alleviate any confusion.

Edit: I have done the testing and have had a strange occurrence. No statue shows up in any town at all. Not this flag, not the OpenGFX statue, nothing. Just a gray block of cement. I have tried this with lots of Grfs in many different configurations and with no Grfs at all and still the empty block of cement shows up. I believe there might be a flaw in the base set (OpenGFX r978) that is leading to this. Any earlier version of the base set has sprites missing when used with a nightly build. I will put this info into the OpenGFX thread.
Last edited by Nite Owl on 05 Jul 2012 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon


User avatar
Lukenwolf
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 81
Joined: 14 Jun 2012 12:09
Location: Nordschleifistan, Germanyland

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Lukenwolf » 05 Jul 2012 05:10

Badger wrote:Rudeness and ignorance.
Nothing to do with ignorance, Sir. This sort of patriotism just looks more than a tad over the top to a European. :lol: Even more so, considering that he even renamed the city 'Liberty'. That coming from a country that has massively reduced the freedom of its own citizens over the years makes it look funny. (Who was it, who started that TSA people are now allowed to fondle your testies at the airport?)

Mind you, I don't begrudge you your national holiday and you may celebrate all you want :D
Beer is not the answer. It's the question, and the answer is YES.

User avatar
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 11909
Joined: 12 Aug 2006 15:39
Location: MK UK
Contact:

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Ameecher » 05 Jul 2012 21:04

Nite Owl wrote:Just to be clear:

Is this Grf replacing a statue that is randomly built by the town or is it replacing the statue that your company can place in the town to boost your station ratings? Given the placement in your screenshot I am thinking it is the company placed statue that this Grf is replacing but I (and possibly others) would like to be 100% sure.

Yes - I will test it for myself when the opportunity arises but it is better to have such information here to alleviate any confusion.

Edit: I have done the testing and have had a strange occurrence. No statue shows up in any town at all. Not this flag, not the OpenGFX statue, nothing. Just a gray block of cement. I have tried this with lots of Grfs in many different configurations and with no Grfs at all and still the empty block of cement shows up. I believe there might be a flaw in the base set (OpenGFX r978) that is leading to this. Any earlier version of the base set has sprites missing when used with a nightly build. I will put this info into the OpenGFX thread.
Not playing the game prior to the USA becoming Independent are you? ;)
Image

User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6859
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by kamnet » 05 Jul 2012 21:37

Lukenwolf wrote:This sort of patriotism just looks more than a tad over the top to a European.
What else is patriotism, other than showing your adoration for your country? If it isn't over-the-top, you're just not doing it right!

User avatar
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1985
Joined: 05 Oct 2009 16:36
Location: Leeds, UK

Re: Happy Independence Day, America!

Post by Chris » 05 Jul 2012 21:44

kamnet wrote:If it isn't over-the-top, you're just not doing it right!
That is true, I've yet to come across anybody being patriotic in a quiet and understated way.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest