OpenGFX+ Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenGFX+ Industries

Post by Yexo »

Painy wrote:Is there any trainset besides OpenGFX+ trains that works well with OpenGFX+ Industries?
Almost all newgrf vehicle sets that are available will work.
macee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by macee »

Leanden wrote:Try using it with the OpenGFX+ Vehicles
Terkhen wrote:Thank you!

The default vehicles are usually not compatible with industry sets. OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles are quite similar to the default vehicles, but they support NewGRF cargos like the ones included in OpenGFX+ Industries.
Ok. Thanks for the replies.
I assumed, sinced there are no new cargos and industries (except the shop, but it too uses an existing cargo), that the default RVs and trains would be able to transport anything.

I wanted to use the Hungarian Truck set, but it doesn't support all cargos, so I figured I will use the default RVs for that, but as it happens...
Anyway, now I use OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles, and it works perfectly.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Another update is now available. I hope that these are the last bugs introduced by the custom chain feature :)
0.3.4 wrote:- Feature: Limit the number of certain types of industries based on the number of houses of their town.
- Add: Dutch translation.
- Add: Greek translation.
- Add: Russian translation.
- Fix: Banks now close after a random interval of time when they have not been serviced for a long time.
- Fix: Chain logic for the farm was incorrectly defined.
- Fix: Sawmills appeared when they were selected as the destination cargo for Wood but the Wood chain was disabled.
This release will also stop shops, water towers and banks from clustering endlessly in small towns. Now only one of those industries is allowed for every 150 houses that a town has. We also want to thank the translators for their efforts :)

Is your language missing from the translations? You can get the up to date English strings here. You don't need to translate the comments (lines starting with #) or the string IDs (STR_...); you only need to translate the strings starting with ":". Once you finish, attach your translation to this thread and it will be included in the next stable version of OpenGFX+ Industries :)
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Lumber mill has tropical terrain in other climates too:
Attachments
Kuva 4.png
Kuva 4.png (101.84 KiB) Viewed 6633 times
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Thank you, it has been added to the ground awareness todo list :)
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Re: the banking chain.

Although I can set parameters to add gold and diamond mines to the banking system, they don't appear in a temperate game.

Is this by design, an error on my part or a bug?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

3iff wrote:Re: the banking chain.
Although I can set parameters to add gold and diamond mines to the banking system, they don't appear in a temperate game.
If you enable the banking chain and select gold and diamonds as the banking cargo, you should get that irrespective of climate. Unless you play with TTRS which has its own banking industry which we then keep around and disable OpenGFX+ Industries' banking chain.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Of course! So, error on my part.

Thanks.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Also: Some vehicles won't support a cargo anymore even when they do so without OGFX+ I or in other climate.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

alluke wrote:Also: Some vehicles won't support a cargo anymore even when they do so without OGFX+ I or in other climate.
If vehicles cargo support is the problem, it's always a problem of the vehicle set. I suggest you use OpenGFX+ Industries along with OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road vehicles if your favourite vehicle set is insufficiently capable of transporting cargos by their cargo classes.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

I'm currently trying to make a Scotisch scenario, an area which would work very well in the artic climate, but it 'needs' the iron chain (as parts of the country were essentially one big mine). I was planning to use the manual industries as I hate the industries anywhere syndrome, which normally happens after a few years of playing. I was wondering if you were planning to ad a switch that prohibits industries appearing at random? Or maybe even per industry chain? If so I'd gladly rebuild the scenario with the OpenGFX+ set and in an artic environment.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

broodje wrote:I'm currently trying to make a Scotisch scenario, an area which would work very well in the artic climate, but it 'needs' the iron chain (as parts of the country were essentially one big mine). I was planning to use the manual industries as I hate the industries anywhere syndrome, which normally happens after a few years of playing. I was wondering if you were planning to ad a switch that prohibits industries appearing at random? Or maybe even per industry chain? If so I'd gladly rebuild the scenario with the OpenGFX+ set and in an artic environment.
You can avoid any industries being built w/o the "manual industries" NewGRF by setting prior to map creation the industry density to "none" and only manually place industries where needed. No new random industries will then appear ingame.

Such switch as you mention might be feasible for this NewGRF, though. We already had the thought to merge some of manual industries to this set. But it's not yet done.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

I thought that with setting the industry setting to 'none' industries could still close down? This would mean the more empty spaces of the map (where you normally wouldn't start a company) will get more empty and empty as time progresses. Or did I misunderstand that setting?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

broodje wrote:I thought that with setting the industry setting to 'none' industries could still close down? This would mean the more empty spaces of the map (where you normally wouldn't start a company) will get more empty and empty as time progresses. Or did I misunderstand that setting?
Yes, that's right. Industries then still can close
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Regardless of climate or parameter settings my Food Processing Plants always look like this:
Food Processing Plant 001.png
Food Processing Plant 001.png (43.73 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
On further investigation it appears to happen without this grf loaded as well. Hmmm... wrong thread perhaps? Methinks it might be an general OpenGFX+ problem. Anyone else have this glitch?
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Snow-aware? :o
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Nite Owl wrote:Regardless of climate or parameter settings my Food Processing Plants always look like this:(...)
I can't produce this result with or without this NewGRF with the versions I have. Please be more specific how you obtain this result (especially which NewGRFs and their exact version(s)).
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

After some further research I have found the culprit. The problem stems from OpenGFX nightly r866. If you use that base set nightly with trunk r23523 and no NewGrfs in a newly generated game your food processing plants will, right from the very beginning of the game, look as I posted above. OpenGFX nightly r846 and OpenGFX stable release v0.3.7 both produce the proper graphics.

Please forgive the posting of this information in the wrong thread but I was originally unsure of where the fault may have been. I should have done the further research sooner but I guess I needed to be pointed in the right direction. Of course a swift kick in the pants would have helped as well.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Nite Owl wrote:After some further research I have found the culprit. The problem stems from OpenGFX nightly r866.
Can you try OpenGFX r867?
Attachments
opengfx-r867.zip
r867
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Working perfectly. Thank you very much planetmaker !!

Return to “Graphics Releases”