Today, version "RC2M" of the BusyBee script has been released. It is available from the online content download.
- Clickable news (with a sufficiently new OpenTTD program).
- Goal timer gets reset to its original length on delivery of cargo, allowing for indefinite time to fulfill the goal, as long as you deliver some cargo regularly.
- Added options to set the weight of passengers, mail, or town-effect cargoes, to give them a higher chance of being picked as goal.
- Afrikaans: telanus
- Catalan: juanjo
- Croatian: Voyager1
- French: arikover
- German: frosch
- Indonesian: UseYourIllusion
- Italian: Snail, Voyager1
- Korean: kevin
- Latin: Supercheese
- Spanish: SilverSurferZzZ
- Swedish: Zuu
As an experimental feature, I dropped the version number from the script name, hopefully that makes future translations easier.
Manual for the really Busy Bees
- Activate the game script,
- Start new game,
- Pick a goal from the goal window to do,
- Make a connection from a supplier to the given destination for the requested
- Transport the cargo,
- Pick next goal to connect.
Manual for the less Busy Bees
Busy Bee is a game script for OpenTTD 1.4.2 or newer.
The script gives a number of goals to achieve (number of goals can be set by a parameter). It requests a given amount of cargo of a given type to deliver to a
given destination within a time frame. You have to build the transport connection, and deliver the requested amount. When that is done, the goal is
considered to be fulfilled. It is removed from the list, and a new goal is created (may take a while) for you to fulfill.
You don't get anything when you fulfill the goal. There is also no penalty for failing to achieve a goal. The purpose of the timer is to get rid of obsolete
or unreachable goals. (For example, the last oil wells disappeared from the map before you could finish the oil goal.) You can increase the length of the timer
with a parameter.