As proclaimed in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=57431
i've extended your script a little bit and wanted to ask you if your interested in the changes. Some of your code still remains within so ofc i won't release it to the public without your review and permission. Anyway these are the changes i've implemented so far...List o' changes
- Cities now show who their neighbouring cities are within the town GUI.
- Congestion now actually happens (rebalanced values to the point where "Hard" means hard and Easy means easy)
- Added lots of new Settings (and updated others with appropriate descriptions)
- Lots of Balancing for CargoGoals
- Implementing a CacheClass (Tables are great!) for reoccuring calculations all over the place
- Added Periodic Expansion of Cities even while their CargoGoals are not reached (very slow growth, but still ;P)
- Added Option to adjust the TimeSpan between each Periodic Expansion
- Added Option to have Cities benefit from Periodic Expansion more then Towns.
- Replaced integer (percentage) values for difficulties with named Settings. There are always quite a lot, but people wont tell the difference between 50 and 52 ingame anyway, so i think this is more intuitive.
- Added Option to switch between simple (Passengers/Mail) and complex cargoGoals.
- CargoGoals (except for Passengers) now have an offset within their calculation so they form a nice curve instead of a line ;P
- Added a small CargoGoal handicap for Cities without a neighbour if neighbours are enabled.
- Added a Compatiblity Mode for FIRS newGRF (as i love it!). Up to 5 different Goals in the normal Landscape (Passengers->Mail->CratesOfWarez->Food->Fuel)
- Added Translation for German
- Added an Option for changing the maximum amount of neighbours a town may have
- In lack of a better alternative introduced an ugly and primitive way to sort GSSettings into Categories NextUp:
- Quality of Service: Have a town get a Expand()-boost if the Towns PercentageTransported Values stay above a certain value for at least X months.... for the perfectionist
- Properly Save important values when the Game issues a save.
- Evolving Neighbourhood: Towns pick new neighbours as they grow in size.
Looks good to me. I haven't been playing with the game script much since I created it. The reason why I had percetange settings and not a few labled values was that I didn't want to spend my time playing it through several times to figure out what settings to pick. Instead I opened it up for players to test and hopefully report back what they found as good settings.
I would be happy if those of you who play with this GameScript reports back what kind of values on the two scale factors that you find good. That way I can see if I need to adjust the baseline or the recommended easy/medium/hard values.
So, I very much welcome that you have taken your time and refine the script based on your experience with it. If you look around, you'll see that I've created more AI/GS projects than that I can possible improve all of them to higher standard very quickly.