StarRaid's Heightmap Collection

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

StarRaid's Heightmap Collection

Post by FulliAutomatix »

So I've been making heightmaps over the past 2 years for my multiplayer server, and I've decided to finally release them for the whole community!
When I can I'll be uploading individual maps to the content downloader, but for now I'm posting them here in 2 tar files.

To install each batch, go to your OpenTTD documents folder, go into the scenarios folder, and extract the contents into the heightmaps folder (on windows, this is Documents\OpenTTD\scenario\heightmap)
The game should then see them when you click "Play heightmap" on the main menu.

First batch of newer heightmaps that I've been making from last August, up to recently.

Download
[+] Spoiler
Second batch of maps, spanning from one of the very first I made, up to August last year.

Download
[+] Spoiler

My general rules I'd use when loading the maps:
Don't upscale the maps, the terrain goes a bit square and it doesn't look great
Downscaling is ok, but reduce the maximum height, otherwise you'll end up with some very steep hills/mountains.
Generally I'd recommend a height between 16 - 24 for 2k maps
and I'd recommend a height between 24 - 32 for 4k maps (this includes 2k by 4k maps)

I hope you enjoy them!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: StarRaid's Heightmap Collection

Post by planetmaker »

You know that you can make available heightmaps via our online content service (bananas) to players?
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Re: StarRaid's Heightmap Collection

Post by FulliAutomatix »

planetmaker wrote:You know that you can make available heightmaps via our online content service (bananas) to players?
Yes, of course. I have uploaded things before.
But I don't right now have the access to bananas to upload them all individually, there's about 14 heightmaps in total, and I didn't see a method to upload them all in the same 2 bundles easily.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”