It is 1979. Finnwell is a country which for many years has solved their need for transport by road transportation. Lots of people prefer personal vehicles and public transportation is done by bus network. Outside of small subway network in capital city called Braningstone, there are no railway lines in whole country.
- Finnwell Transport, 10. 07. 1979.png
- Map of Finnwell
- (86.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 26. 07. 1979.png
- Airport of capital city (Braningstone) and main highway passing through mountains. Also subway station can be seen. (subways are actually EMUs from Finnish Train Set)
- (859.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 12. 01. 1980.png
- Finnwell is mountainous country. It has couple of large mountain ranges. Here you can see highway passing through one of them near capital city.
- (859.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 19. 02. 1980.png
- One of first trains passing through rural valley
- (773.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 9. 05. 1981.png
- Due to mountainous nature of Finnwell's landscape, first railway lines followed road network. Here you can see oil train passing by town called Preham while bus waits at the level crossing.
- (645.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 2. 09. 1980.png
- Map of oil field locations
- (75.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 26. 01. 1983.png
- Two Dr12's pulling train up the mountain pass in winter of 1983
- (744.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 18. 03. 1985.png
- Oil train pulled by two Dr15's leaving the port. Tanker can be seen approaching from distance
- (377.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 1. 08. 1981.png
- Long stretch of highway going trough forests and hills.
- (867.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I bet that the pilots that have to land on that airport in the second shot of your first post really love that elevated highway with the bridges at the end of the runway
And I sometimes really laugh at how silly the game can be, love how it placed the fuelstation on the slope next to the road, making the station unreachable for cars
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604
Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Near future plans for rail network are mostly bringing more diverse services to mountain pass and continuing mainline further south. Also updating to more high speed track is in the plans because current 180km/h track can't support Pendolino at its 220km/h top speed.
- Finnwell Transport, 28. 09. 2000.png
- Grondingbury Railway Station. Lone Pendolino can be seen on the station. In Northern part railway infrastructure is still very barebones.
- (597.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 28. 09. 2000#2.png
- Pendolino going down the mountain pass during summer of 2000. Also worth noticing is lesser traffic on highway which is result of these new railway projects. Also seen is SM1 regional train which has two different paintjobs because renevation of units was underway in 2000.
- (807.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 17. 10. 2000.png
- Braningstone railway station. Pendolino can be seen approaching station from bottom of the picture. Regional trains are serving southern areas near the capital.
- (832.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 12. 03. 2006.png
- Intercity train pulled by Dr16 leaving Trufingway. As can be seen services are much more remote here. Not shown is Trufingway-Buham airport which gives diect services out of this far away city.
- (837.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 18. 05. 2006.png
- Newly opened train station of Renham. Intercity train and regional train with EMU can be seen near the station. Two Pendolinos (High speed services) are passing station. Busy highway goes under pair of bridges and also plane can be seen on picture flying towards Charningpool Airport.
- (737.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Finnwell Transport, 9. 10. 2006.png
- Faster services pass Tendingham so bybass track was constructed next to highway. Double-Decker intercity train can be seen on bypass track and two other trains can be seen stopping at the station
- (740.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests