Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - May 2019 - ENTRIES

Post by andres1555 »

That´s one of the underground stations of Helguera, with several train services in different colours, and two subway lines. Everything run below feet.

I have a previous version, not shown, without need of the Auzbridges or bridges allowed over stations in the same tiles; but this one looks better.
Attachments
andres1555.jpg
(2.28 MiB) Not downloaded yet
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Montréal's Underground City incorporates Montreal Central Station (Gare Centrale de Montréal), a major inter-city rail station and a major commuter rail hub in Montréal, Quebec, Canada, which also includes Place Ville Marie, a large cruciform 47-storey office and shopping complex to the north; which is a nexus for Montréal's Underground City, with indoor access to over 1,600 businesses, several subway stations, a suburban transportation terminal, and tunnels extending throughout downtown. Nearly 11 million rail passengers use the station every year making it the second-busiest train station in Canada after Toronto Union. But, it is still not large enough; plans have been lodged with local authority to expand the station complex by constructing Place Bonaventure on top of it. It is difficult to show our below ground metro, but you may be able to spot some of our rail services through the lens of our special X-Ray Vision camera, although building penetration is limited.
PS: Nobody shall complain about havind seen this city before. By the way, all is real, NO photo-shopping has been used. Place Ville Marie by wallyweb.
Attachments
Competition [2019-05] Montréal - Gare Centrale.png
(618.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's mine: (yes I've been playing NetTrans again thanks to the performance boost offered by the game's updates :P )
Sex Green station on the NetTrans passenger mainline. The station has eight platforms: two long ones in each direction for intercity and through trains, two bay platforms for local services, and two underground platforms for the metro service (see inset).
Attachments
may19sotm.PNG
may19sotm.PNG (459.88 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Here's the underground tram station of Carlyville Cathédrale (no need to translate it, I think, it's pronounced the same way in French as in English, Spanish, etc.). It has only two platforms, but there are more than twenty tram lines running through it. At first, the Central Tramway Station, in the top-right corner, which has been renovated recently, was overloaded with trams coming from a line that runs on the street, which was overloaded too, and that wasn't acceptable by the locals. So, in the 1970s, they built a right-of-way through the Boulevard de la Division Leclerc, which went under the cathedral, with a station that has a nice gothic interior (that no one can see in this picture, obviously). Nowadays it still serves as the common section between most tram lines in Carlyville.
Attachments
S.T.R.A.F, 24 Mar 1997.png
(483.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the entries have been dug up from deep underground!

acs121
Here's the underground tram station of Carlyville Cathédrale (no need to translate it, I think, it's pronounced the same way in French as in English, Spanish, etc.). It has only two platforms, but there are more than twenty tram lines running through it. At first, the Central Tramway Station, in the top-right corner, which has been renovated recently, was overloaded with trams coming from a line that runs on the street, which was overloaded too, and that wasn't acceptable by the locals. So, in the 1970s, they built a right-of-way through the Boulevard de la Division Leclerc, which went under the cathedral, with a station that has a nice gothic interior (that no one can see in this picture, obviously). Nowadays it still serves as the common section between most tram lines in Carlyville.

andres1555
That´s one of the underground stations of Helguera, with several train services in different colours, and two subway lines. Everything run below feet.

I have a previous version, not shown, without need of the Auzbridges or bridges allowed over stations in the same tiles; but this one looks better.

Emperor Jake
Sex Green station on the NetTrans passenger mainline. The station has eight platforms: two long ones in each direction for intercity and through trains, two bay platforms for local services, and two underground platforms for the metro service (see inset).

OzTrans
Montréal's Underground City incorporates Montreal Central Station (Gare Centrale de Montréal), a major inter-city rail station and a major commuter rail hub in Montréal, Quebec, Canada, which also includes Place Ville Marie, a large cruciform 47-storey office and shopping complex to the north; which is a nexus for Montréal's Underground City, with indoor access to over 1,600 businesses, several subway stations, a suburban transportation terminal, and tunnels extending throughout downtown. Nearly 11 million rail passengers use the station every year making it the second-busiest train station in Canada after Toronto Union. But, it is still not large enough; plans have been lodged with local authority to expand the station complex by constructing Place Bonaventure on top of it. It is difficult to show our below ground metro, but you may be able to spot some of our rail services through the lens of our special X-Ray Vision camera, although building penetration is limited.

wallyweb
The local authorities of the Québec Regional Transportation Commission (QRTC) had a problem. The road network could no longer support the traffic from the daily commute. The QRTC mandated two highways be built: North to South and East to West, intersecting at Québec City. A few years later, even this was insufficient. Twice a day the highways were no better than parking lots. After much discussion, it was decided that the commute was to be moved underground. Underground Solutions Inc. was contracted to design and build an underground solution. They would build subways with tunnels below the highways. Several years later, after great expense in time and money, the project was completed and traffic was virtually eliminated. There was one small problem. The highways had to be closed so that excavations could be done to construct the stations, after which the stations would be buried with the highway rebuilt above them. Underground Solutions was nearly bankrupt. Cheaper white paint was used for the lines, and the lights were limited to only one side of each lane. The local authorities were not happy, but the commuters loved the luxurious Bombardier subway coaches.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory screenshot wallyweb :)) . This time almost to the end it was not known who will be the winner. One vote decided the overall outcome of the vote. Well, as usual waiting for the announcement of the winner and the new theme :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - May 2019 - VOTING

Post by wallyweb »

Thank you STD and all the other voters. :bow:

A new theme has been devised and sent to our Emperor for his Royal assent! :D
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Dammit, I was quite close this time, I was even at the same score than others a few days ago. :lol:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the winner is wallyweb, by a very close margin! :D

(No votes for me :( - but if I'm short on time I prefer to post a mediocre shot to pad out the competition)

Code: Select all

wallyweb		8
andres1555		7
acs121			6
OzTrans			3
Emperor Jake		0
-------------------------
Total		       24
(edit: gah the new forum layout has ruined all of my painstakingly aligned results charts! :x but at least they're easier and more logical to do now )

Our winner has already chosen a theme for June:

Junctions & Interchanges :mrgreen:

so get junctioneering!
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 11 Jun 2019 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

The theme selected is good. It is essentially a common, giving the opportunity to show a lot of different things from the game :wink: .
In principle I have many different ideas on this topic. But I as last time can be too lazy to make the corresponding screenshot :mrgreen: . This is due to the lack of desire, mood and other reasons. In the previous issue really was not just to show the subway, and in the current theme, everything is much easier :D . So let's hope that and the screenshots themselves will be more :wink: .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

STD wrote:But I as last time can be too lazy to make the corresponding screenshot :mrgreen: . This is due to the lack of desire, mood and other reasons
/Me sends buckets full of desire, mood and energy to STD. :D
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Thank you, wallyweb :wink: .
In this time I found inspiration and desire to take a screenshot on a new theme :)) . I have such an understanding of the topic "Junctions & Interchanges" with a small description :arrow: :
SOTM_June19_Junctions & Interchanges.png
In the locality of Zelenokumsk there is a passenger station and a cargo sorting station for receiving and unloading various cargoes (for example, oil, coal, limestone, goods). To the freight station coming in and out of different goods by trucks. There is also a depot where the railway rolling stock is serviced. Suburban electric trains and long-distance trains pass through the passenger station.
(583.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

STD wrote: 24 Jun 2019 18:45 Thank you, wallyweb :wink:
:bow: :D

And now my entry for June ...
[b]wallyweb's June subnission[/b] wrote:MOUNTAIN PASS SOLUTION
======================

Because the only way across the mountain range was through Mountain Pass we had a convergence of several railroad lines and four highways, all at one location on the map.
The solution was a highway interchange overlaying a railroad junction.
Attachments
June 2019 Contest Entry.png
Mountain Pass Junction & Interchange
(517.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2019 - ENTRIES

Post by andres1555 »

For june...
june.jpg
(1.28 MiB) Not downloaded yet
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Junctions ...
Attachments
Competition [2019-06] Junctions.png
(401.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Pinkerbridge Transport, 21st Sep 2119.png
(1.61 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Evilbridge Junction .
temporal8
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by temporal8 »

Hi, this it's my entry for the competition.

A two highway roads junction, the elevated one connects the airport, cargo and bus stations with some towns and ends in the capital city.
Attachments
Nadston Transport, 10 Oct 2377 junction.jpg
(2.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
le_harv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by le_harv »

Mikage/Matano is a busy regional hub that ships and receives many different classes of goods. Freight trains arrive and depart at the large terminal area adjacent to the passenger station. Cargo such as food, grain, goods and materials is transferred to and from road vehicles for distribution across the region via the extensive highway network. This includes mail that is transported by rail to here before being distributed to local forward sortation areas for final mile delivery.

Mikage/Matano itself sits on the main S-Bahn, regional and Intercity lines out of the region. This is also an important exchange for passengers looking to travel on the busy light rapid transit system to neighbouring towns not served directly by the mainline.
Attachments
Interchange June19 SOTM.png
(1.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the entries are in! Unfortunately I've been busy with certain projects so for the first time in a long time I haven't got round to posting my own entry... but thanks to everyone else who entered, we still have plenty! :) And welcome to our new entrant, temporal8!

andres1555
For june...

le_harv
Mikage/Matano is a busy regional hub that ships and receives many different classes of goods. Freight trains arrive and depart at the large terminal area adjacent to the passenger station. Cargo such as food, grain, goods and materials is transferred to and from road vehicles for distribution across the region via the extensive highway network. This includes mail that is transported by rail to here before being distributed to local forward sortation areas for final mile delivery.

Mikage/Matano itself sits on the main S-Bahn, regional and Intercity lines out of the region. This is also an important exchange for passengers looking to travel on the busy light rapid transit system to neighbouring towns not served directly by the mainline.

STD
In the locality of Zelenokumsk there is a passenger station and a cargo sorting station for receiving and unloading various cargoes (for example, oil, coal, limestone, goods). To the freight station coming in and out of different goods by trucks. There is also a depot where the railway rolling stock is serviced. Suburban electric trains and long-distance trains pass through the passenger station.

OzTrans
Junctions ...

piratescooby
Evilbridge Junction .

temporal8
A two highway roads junction, the elevated one connects the airport, cargo and bus stations with some towns and ends in the capital city.

wallyweb
MOUNTAIN PASS SOLUTION
======================
Because the only way across the mountain range was through Mountain Pass we had a convergence of several railroad lines and four highways, all at one location on the map.
The solution was a highway interchange overlaying a railroad junction.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2019 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

And we have a winner, it was a close race! Congratulations le_harv! :D

I have sent a PM, we should have a theme soon.

Code: Select all

le_harv			13
temporal8		12
OzTrans			7
piratescooby		7
wallyweb		7
andres1555		6
STD			5
--------------------------
Total			57

Return to “Screenshots”