[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Post by Comm Cody »

Who are you?
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

No idea.

Attachments
R. Chase Logistics, 30th Jun 1998.png
EMU delivery run?
(321.3 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
R. Chase Logistics, 10th Apr 1996.png
Hehe, traffic jam
(275.76 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Raichase wrote:Hehe, traffic jam
Orudge at the wheel?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

wallyweb wrote:
Raichase wrote:Hehe, traffic jam
Orudge at the wheel?

We can safely assume that it would have been him or me!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Raichase wrote:We can safely assume that it would have been him or me!
Must be you ... I think those trucks are hauling a backlog of screenshots. 8)
IamI3rian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IamI3rian »

Mr. Raichase...

I LOVE this thread (and your network guide as well).

Fantastic shots. Just wanted to share that I love them (and you've inspired me to start my own screenshot thread, which I may have to move here).

Keep em coming please. = )
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

IamI3rian wrote:Mr. Raichase...

I LOVE this thread (and your network guide as well).

Fantastic shots. Just wanted to share that I love them (and you've inspired me to start my own screenshot thread, which I may have to move here).

Keep em coming please. = )
Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying them!
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Been a bit slack recently, here are some from my recent DBXL game, which also involves the in test New Stations set.
Attachments
Stuttgart in 1954. This has always been a favourite place to sit and watch trains passing through the station!
Stuttgart in 1954. This has always been a favourite place to sit and watch trains passing through the station!
Bremen Logistics, 3rd Nov 1954.png (243.41 KiB) Viewed 701 times
...and again in 1962. The town itself hasn't grown much, but the amount of traffic passing through has! All passenger trains have been converted to electric traction, with an older EMU brought in to replace the even older still ET-87!
...and again in 1962. The town itself hasn't grown much, but the amount of traffic passing through has! All passenger trains have been converted to electric traction, with an older EMU brought in to replace the even older still ET-87!
Bremen Logistics, 5th Jan 1962.png (266.45 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Hamburg has just gotten busier and busier - the factory is a new addition, the freight yard has always been used to transfer goods between the two mainlines on the map - now it's producing it's own as well!
Hamburg has just gotten busier and busier - the factory is a new addition, the freight yard has always been used to transfer goods between the two mainlines on the map - now it's producing it's own as well!
Bremen Logistics, 6th Feb 1962.png (241.32 KiB) Viewed 701 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Bremen Logistics, 13th Feb 1962.png
(304.86 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
If Hamburg is busy, then Bremen is a madhouse! The station here serves services north to Berlin and Hamburg, as well as all regional trains to the east and south-east of the region. Combine this with a very large freight yard, it's a challenge keeping up with everything!
Bremen Logistics, 16th Feb 1962.png
(286.9 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Another shot of Bremen, showing the raised "S-Bahn" line that runs a commuter service between Berlin and Bremen. I'll shortly be replacing the ET-87 EMU's with more modern ET-30's. This line was built, as previously Bremen was only a two track station with no room to expand due to the location of a forest. The new line reduced the need for trains to run between the main station and Berlin, leaving platform space free for the regional and intercity trains instead.
Bremen Logistics, 20th Feb 1962.png
Bremen Logistics, 20th Feb 1962.png (221.08 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Finally, a shot of Berlin. This city has always had growth issues due to the placement between a mountain and a lake. All of the express trains between Bremen and Hamburg stop here, as well as a train that runs Bremen - Hamburg - Stuttgart. Regional trains to towns between Berlin and Hamburg also stop here, although passengers travelling to the east, and south-east must change at Bremen.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

It's 1963, and my fleet of ET-87 electric trains in the Bremen/Berlin area are being replaced with 4-car ET-30 railcars. Despite being only four cars instead of six, the fleet numbers five sets, and the increased speed means a better service. On the final run before being placed into storage (the ET-87 are only twenty years old), an ET-87 passes its replacement in Bremen.
Bremen Logistics, 16th Jul 1963.png
(238.07 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
ImageImage
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

Lovely shots.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Vintage Raichase. Good stuff!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Well back! Don't be afraid to entry the Screenshot Competition too :D
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful screenshots :D!! I liked it very much :D !!
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Dave

Post by Dave »

It is lovely to see you back, my friend.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Thanks for the support guys, hopefully more to come from more "modern" eras, as the game progresses!

EDIT: Just did a spin around to take some more "1970's" screenshots, from 1975-9. I've added a map, too.
Map1979.png
(51.21 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Maptacular. That's my word, back off.
6.png
(166.36 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Given that when I played OTTD last, I didn't bother much with freight, and now I'm trying to integrate it into the networks I build for added challenge, I'm finding it a lot easier (and more cost effective) to road haul commodities where it would otherwise require very expensive (both in cash and real estate) junctions - in this case, iron ore and wood are road hauled to railheads west of Hamburg, for loading. This prevented the need to construct a triangle at Hamburg Junction, where the mainlines to both Stuttgart (and beyond) and Berlin/Bremen branch off, which would be very, very messy.
7.png
(361.45 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Hamburg, 1979. Currently there are express services departing to Berlin and Bremen, hauled by BR103 locomotives. Express and all-stations services to the west operate behind the BR111, BR110 and BR140 locos (although I'm replacing the BR140's with BR111's to redeploy them on freight services to replace diesels and older electric locomotives. A V100 hauls a mixed collection of local coaches on a commuter train to Dusselhaven, whilst the stations beyond are served by a single BR614 railcar, as due to a lack of demand, the locomotive hauled service was redeployed elsewhere.
Last edited by Raichase on 17 Dec 2012 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added screenshots.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

8.png
(459.47 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
9.png
9.png (353.08 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Bremen remains the most populous city on the map, and also one of the most important railway locations. The last of the steam hauled freight trains have finally been replaced (hey, if it's not broken...), along with all of the older regional coaching stock (only the "latest" series of green regional carriages were retained, the older cars being replaced by new blue/cream stock, hauled by a mix of 160 and 200's to the south-eastern region, which remains unelectrifed.
10.png
10.png (197.82 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Oranienheim has continued to grow, thanks to the commuter service to/from Bremen, as well as the loco hauled trains between Bremen and Essen that stop here to pick up and set down (regional trains beyond Essen now skip Oranienheim, due to congestion).
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

11.png
11.png (285.25 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Limheim remains the furthest to the south-east that the mainline reaches. Previously, it was served by one express train from Bremen, as well as another service that continued to the terminus at Lohrstadt, but there just wasn't the demand for the train to run the entire length. Now, it's served by a single 614 railcar operating from Limheim, with additional services between Limheim and Bremen.
12.png
12.png (222.22 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Berlin continues to grow despite the awkward placement of the town. The BR110's that once operated express trains between Bremen and Hamburg have replaced BR140's on local train working, whilst the steam locomotives on the freight traffic have been replaced by V160's.
13.png
13.png (87.3 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Finally, a return to my roots, of sorts. Whilst I've always enjoyed building big networks, a lot of the appeal for me has been the creation of rural scenes such as this. I realise this was what made my screenshots so popular in the beginning - when everyone else was outdoing themselves with giant, busy networks, I strung together a series of unremarkable single-line sections with smaller, often unused rolling stock to create a story. It is here I always enjoy the game, using minimalist infrastructure to get the correct return for the town/industry I am serving.

Regrettably, these look to be the last screenshots for this game. With the release of newstations v0.5, there's no point using a now outdated alpha version, so I'll download the finished product and start again!
ImageImage
Muse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Muse »

As always, very very very nice screenshots!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Thanks Muse!

I've managed to correct the issue I had between using alpha versions of NewStations and the release version, and I'll persist with this game after all. I'm up to 1990, and look forward to more screenshots this afternoon!
ImageImage

Return to “Screenshots”