FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Check this forum for common questions and answers before posting elsewhere.
LaSeandre
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: FAQ Help Center Feedback

Post by LaSeandre »

The grey ones are just attachments, but the black ones are ones that have been "placed inline" or inserted into the text.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

thanks
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Ash86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ash86 »

Hi

I have recently changed my email address and cannot find how to change my email address within the forum. Could someone please help as my old email address is no longer in use.

Thanks in advance.

Ash :)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Go to the "User Control Panel" then "Profile >> Edit account settings".
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Logistics_4_Fun
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logistics_4_Fun »

I just joined the TT forums. (This is actually my first post!!!) I looked around and didn't see any place to introduce myself. Maybe a Welcome sticky could be placed in the faq/help center, where forum users can introduce themselves and learn a little bit about the other TT forum members.

Edit: Also does the forum have any transportation related Avatars? I am a little computer illiterate, and dont have any for myself. Posting without one though, makes me feel kind of naked. Thanks!!!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, most members don't introduce themselves but just start posting somewhere. However, I've seen some introduction topics in the off-topic forum in the past.
Edit: Also does the forum have any transportation related Avatars? I am a little computer illiterate, and dont have any for myself. Posting without one though, makes me feel kind of naked. Thanks!!!
I guess you could google for some nice avatar. Some users in the past have decided to make a topic asking if someone could make them an avatar. I guess you could combine that with the introduction topic, if you decide to make one.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

An introduction topic doesn't soon too bad. Not sure how Owen thinks about it though.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Did we not used to have one in the OT forum that reappeared every now and then? Perhaps we didn't and I'm thinking of somewhere else. Not a bad idea, anyway. Feel free to start one. ;) I would say that Off-Topic would be the better place for one, though, not the Help Centre.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FAQ / Help Centre Feedback

Post by Purno »

But if it's not a sticky it'll get lost again. It doesn't happen that often that a new guy introduces himself.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Most people just make a topic for themselves. Usually you will get to know people through posting and reading here A LOT.

I think it's better to get a custom avatar, I personally recognise A LOT of people by their avatar and not their name. I would be very confused if Purno, Hyronymus or Dave Worley etc. changed their avatar.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

XeryusTC wrote:Most people just make a topic for themselves. Usually you will get to know people through posting and reading here A LOT.

I think it's better to get a custom avatar, I personally recognise A LOT of people by their avatar and not their name. I would be very confused if Purno, Hyronymus or Dave Worley etc. changed their avatar.
We can test that :P. But no, I too think that Off Topic is a good place for an introduction topic.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Well, last time you changed your avatar it was from some South Park figure to your own head, so that wasn't such a hard change at all knowing what you look like IRL before hand ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Mr. X and me once swapped avatars and signatures for fun, might have been an April Fools Joke, can't remember exactly. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Hyronymus has made a introducion topic now. :)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

XeryusTC wrote:Well, last time you changed your avatar it was from some South Park figure to your own head, so that wasn't such a hard change at all knowing what you look like IRL before hand ;)
Thanks. Curious if it was a shock to meet me in the first place now though :P.
Dave

Post by Dave »

XeryusTC wrote:... or Dave Worley etc.
I'm Dave Worley, and so's my wife!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

XeryusTC wrote:I think it's better to get a custom avatar, I personally recognise A LOT of people by their avatar and not their name. I would be very confused if Purno, Hyronymus or Dave Worley etc. changed their avatar.
But then I changed my avatar a while back - I thought it was time for a change after a year and a bit.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Yes, I know, and it was quite misleading :P but after a week or so I got used to it :P

I change my avatar every few months too, but I always keep with the same theme, every avatar I've had here (except maybe the first one or two) have been of the same girl :)
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Purno wrote:Mr. X and me once swapped avatars and signatures for fun, might have been an April Fools Joke, can't remember exactly. :mrgreen:
Yes we did. :P
Was kinda funny how people referred to us as eachother. :P
Whos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whos »

:)
Last edited by Whos on 15 Oct 2009 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FAQ / Help Centre”