Cant find some stuff and another issue

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Supermint
Engineer
Engineer

Cant find some stuff and another issue

Post by Supermint »

I may be a little daft in asking this. I have seriously tried searching for this stuff.

I cant find the Dekosoft download on AMI-Trains, the JapanSet for OTTD (I know this one is for a different section of tt-forums) and any additional station buildings.

My other issue are I have 3 lots of Railroad track in Track Object selection in Scenario Editor and I cannot deselect the 2 white ticked ones. (Not worried about the grey one I know what that one is).
Is there any way I can correct this problem.

And another one thats really made me scrape my head.
Again in Scenario Editor where you choose the stations. I have the normal ones + Metro Station, Cargo Station (The one with the Truck style freight yard over the american station platform), Mountain stations (Both parts). Yet when I play the scenario I can only use the normal ones and the cargo station. Yet the cargo station is the 1st one installed along time ago.

I appreciate any help and thank everyone for their help.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cant find some stuff and another issue

Post by rdrdrdrd »

ami go under downloads and then plastikman

stations, you must edit the trakst.dat
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Supermint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Supermint »

Can you tell me what I need to do with the trakst.dat file. I dont want to accidentally corrupt it and screw it totally up.

Thanks again.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

there is a sticky on the subect
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Supermint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Supermint »

If you can provide me a link to this "sticky" that tells me how to edit the trackst.dat file I would be grateful. I looked at the stickies and non of them say how to do it. Waht to put in the file would also be useful.
Also what the best application to use to open the .dat files so they are useable rather than gobbledegook.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Look at the sticky`s in the readme sections, show some that you tried it yourself. Instead of asking a step by step where to find it etc.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Supermint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Supermint »

I have honestly looked for these. Thats why im asking these perhaps silly questions.
I really want to start making some models and submitting them to here. But honestly I havnt a clue in how to make the models of the trains/stations.

I have head of the Locotool but I am unsure what the programe does.
Loco Man
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loco Man »

Exact same problem here, I don't want to use Gmax, And there were so many different programs that all seemed cheap & unpromising, so I am with supermint on this. :wink:
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Supermint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Supermint »

It does help if I look in the right area :roll: Now I feel like a complete numpty.
So Locotool is a decompiler/compiler.
rd the info you led me to seems easy ish to follow and I thank you loads.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

loco tool is in fact a decompiler, and your welcome

MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Supermint wrote: So Locotool is a decompiler/compiler.
Indeed it is a decompiler and a compiler.

Mjd
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Supermint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Supermint »

Lets hope that makes things easier to sort the issue out.
You are not going to believe this. I forgot the names of the files for the stations I have issues with and cant find the .dat files. :oops:
OMG 1752 .dat files. :shock: It might take me a while to find them.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”