Here you will find binaries for Windows and MacOS provided by openttd.org. In these, you will find this new type of depot. The savegames you create with these binaries will only work with this version. So do take care and do not overwrite any savegame you want to play in vanilla OpenTTD.
I will name the current depots (the ones that only have one tile) "small depots" and the ones I introduce "big depots". The name probably is not ok, but it was the best I could come up with.
How to test the new depots:
- From the settings, you can enable the small/big version for rail, road and water transport. Search the setting "depot type".
- Also from settings, you can enable/disable replacement vehicles with different railtypes or roadtypes. Search the setting "cross-replacement" (I am not good at deciding names for new things). If enabled and using big rail depots, you can replace your 1950 old rail train with its monorail or maglev version.
- When building depots, in your building toolbar you will have one or two buttons for depots (depending whether you have one or two depot types enabled). With the tooltip, you can see which one is the big depot. Choose it for building big depots.
- You can build big depots very similar to stations. You can also press CTRL to distant-join depot tiles.
- For big water depots, only one ship can be stopped or servicing in each depot part.
- For big road depots, there can be at most 3 vehicles stopped/servicing in each tile.
- For big train depots, if you have a train with a length of 5 tiles, you have to build a depot platform of five tiles so it can leave the depot.
Feedback will be appreciated. Note as well, that there may be some unexpected crashes. Please report them in this forum or in the GitHub repository.
The graphics of the original depots are not good for big rail depots. You can download and use the "Bigger Depots" NewGRF or any other NewGRF that adds graphics for modular depots.