Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Joker's Patch Pack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:53 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

f*** THIS FORUM and its entire community. I'm done with this.

Last edited by KeldorKatarn on Sat May 12, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Joker's Patch Pack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:22 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello :)

You forgot to show the feature video of this patchpack, really interesting!

I am trying to compile on linux, if someone can help to make it work, it fails (I'm not a programmer, dunno how to do it):

Code:
EDIT this one I made compile, and others errors... but stopped on post below.

Joker can't help, only windows side:

Last edited by nihues on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:32 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I'm getting this now compiling on linux, if someone can help... I'ill compile on linux and post the binary.

Code:

[SRC] Compiling terraform_cmd.cpp
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp: In function ‘void ptv(TemplateVehicle*)’:
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:58:111: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
   printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(), tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                               ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:58:132: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
   printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(), tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                                                    ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:61:110: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(),  tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                              ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:61:131: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(),  tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                                                   ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp: In function ‘void pvt(const Train*)’:
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:67:84: error: cast from ‘const Train*’ to ‘uint {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
    printf("train has weird index: %d %d %x\n", tmp->index, tmp->engine_type, (uint)tmp);
                                                                                    ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:70:202: error: cast from ‘const Train*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
   printf("eid:%3d  index:%2d  subtype:%2d  vehstat: %d  cargo_t: %d   cargo_sub: %d  ref:%x\n", tmp->engine_type, tmp->index, tmp->subtype, tmp->vehstatus, tmp->cargo_type, tmp->cargo_subtype, (uint32)tmp);
                                                                                                                                                                                                          ^
[SRC] Compiling terraform_gui.cpp
[SRC] Compiling textbuf.cpp
make[1]: ** [tbtr_template_vehicle_func.o] Erro 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:11 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello Keldor,
I have more than one error, the original source code from your trunk, after ./configure and make the following errors occur:

Attachments:
fehler.jpg
fehler.jpg [ 177.4 KiB | Viewed 16359 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

As I mentioned, I haven't tested any other platforms or compilers. If you can figure it out or fix it go ahead. But I can't maintain different platforms and compilers for this, I don't have the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:29 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Streckenläufer wrote:
Hello Keldor,
I have more than one error, the original source code from your trunk, after ./configure and make the following errors occur:

I've had the same problem, and googled it, after that more 5-6 errors came... then I stopped at my post above yours... need to change something more complex for me, so I'm waiting someone to figure out :)

don't have the changed files now, tomorrow I can send you.

@KeldorKatarn Found a bug, if drag the new semaphore to a bridge (possible tunnel too) openttd crashes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:39 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Thanks I'll check for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:27 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Fixed the logic signal dragging issue and also fixed another problem with them not evaluating and setting states correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:54 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Version 1.12.6 is up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:28 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi,
Great pack, but I do have a request
Could you add the Terminus Airport Patch and extra large maps patch?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73976
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=33137&start=0#

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:33 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

where is the station rating adjustment setting? i cant find it and with the original rating system the game is unplayable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 am 
Engineer
Engineer

For what it's worth: you need to add overlay_cmd.cpp to source.list, otherwise compiling from a fresh clone from GitHub fails.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:35 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Now supports having 32 rail types active at the same time instead of 16. I found an unused bit on the tilemap structure.

@JGR, as always you might want to steal this one :) The commits are are from the last two days, should be easy to track them down. I think it's only two commits. One adding the feature, one fixing bugs and making sure loading additional ones during a running game via NewGRF doesn't break everything.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Are you still updating this patchpack? Love it btw. :)

Post subject: Unknown Cause of Crash
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:31 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Every time I open up my savegame I get the following message:

Assertion failed at line 123 of c:\users\andreas\documents\visual studio 2013\openttd\src\track_fun.h:IsValidTrackdir(trackdir)

Could anyone please translate this into English? How do I fix this problem

Btw, my name is not Andreas, so I don't know what it is even doing there...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:50 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

It looks to me that you are trying to open a saved game from a patched copy of openttd in a trunk version and its attempting to call a function that doesnt exist in trunk.

Is this isolated to a single saved game file? Can you share it here?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:05 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Leanden wrote:
It looks to me that you are trying to open a saved game from a patched copy of openttd in a trunk version and its attempting to call a function that doesnt exist in trunk.
The assert statement is really in a function that exists, or it would not get called and fail :)

@Translink:
Official openttd versions don't use "andreas" afaik (the path there is where the source file was located at the system while making the executable), so you must be running either a self-built version (unlikely, as you don't know where "andreas" came from, so it's not a file system path at your machine), or you are running a randomly downloaded openttd version from somewhere.

Assuming the latter is the case, I'd suggest you ask there about this problem.

For the future, if you use patched versions, please indicate that as such, so we don't have to reverse-engineer that information.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:47 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I was actually referring to Trackfun.h :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:01 pm 
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

In any case, a savegame cannot call a function :p

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:53 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Leanden wrote: