Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
I mentioned colour blindness because it is a problem (IIRC) not already mentioned in this thread. Check it to see that people without any kind of colour blindness also find showing town rating by colours confusing. Besides, there are a lot of grades of colour blindness (check wikipedia); I was referring to the common ones, not total colour blindness.
I'm not sure on the amount of coding required, but you could make a little smiley face for each rating
Outstanding Excellent Good Mediocre poor very poor appauling
I'm thinking of a simple outline, not anything particularly artistic, not much -if any- bigger than the height of the label text. I'm guessing that would require some GRF'ing too, so things could get awkwardly inter-disciplinary!
Try the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge
Or even better, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 2
Or better still, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 3
Or, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 4
Or try my scenario instead!
-(A lazy) OpenTTD Japanese Translator-
-(A lazy) PNGcodec user-
"You get what you pay for, so pay attention!"
Company Station Stats
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 24 Dec 2009 10:26
- Skype: bentrein
- Location: Samut Prakarn, Thailand
Code: Select all
town_cmd.cpp:356:51: error: ‘struct Town’ has no member named ‘Label’ make: *** [town_cmd.o] Error 1
I do know a lot of people who liked this feature though. Would it be possible to have this implemented as optional in the advanced settings menu? I'm sure many people will turn it on!
The internet isn't a highway. It's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it draws you in!
- it's a proper patch
- without bugs
- conforms to the code style guidelines
- is tested properly
As that patch currently doesn't even work it definitely will not be included in its current state. You could however fix it to try to get it included.
Next time you want to discuss a patch, please post in the topic dedicated to that very patch. Don't let others do the dirty work to find the context of what you are referring to. Your own issues should be worth you at least as much time to actually find the appropriate thread.BenTrein wrote:Somewhere on this forum I found a patch
- No need to start a 2nd thread which does contain zero new information
- Going back to this thread immediately shows why it was eventually NOT included, in particular the game needs to stay accessible to those people who have difficulties to distinguish red and green (10% of the male population!). Just coloured text as here makes that impossible
- If you have issues with a patch, give both the OpenTTD version you compile, and link to the patch you use.
- Also simple bumps along the lines of "please update this patch"... are not particularily well received either.
An implementation with a smiley face as suggested in the last real contribution here, might be worth considering an advanced option. But it needs more work in other places which this patch currently does not touch yet. And it'd need those sprites.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests