The idea around this patch is based on Progman's Town rating indicator
patch, taking users and devs comments into account. Without knowing it, the patch does this in a similar way than Vikthor's Local authority rating in town label
patch. I have adopted some fixes and improvements from the Russian OpenTTD Community patchpack
Essentialy, the patch uses a colour code in the population part of the town label to show the current rating. If the window is zoomed out, the complete town label will have a changed colour. When the rating at a town changes, the colour is updated accordingly.
Currently the colour scheme is:Red:
Appalling and Very poor ratings.Orange:
Poor and mediocre ratings.Yellow:
Very Good rating (standard).Green:
Excellent and outstanding ratings.
Here's a screenshot showing all ratings:
colour.png [ 81.46 KiB | Viewed 12791 times ]
- v13-r17745: Update to current trunk. Version format changed to fit the used at the rest of my patches. Some code cleanup and simplifications.
- v12-r17558: Update to current trunk. Fixed an incorrect string.
- v11: Patch renamed, and almost completely remade. The patch uses only standard colours, and because of that now the code is way more simple. Added comments and fixed a situation in which the correct ratings weren't shown.
- v10: Update to current trunk. Critical parts of the patch have been remade to be both faster and easier to read. This version is the last one with a colour for each rating. You can download this version here.
- v09: Update to current trunk. Coding style corrected, including trailing whitespaces (I hope they are out now). Statements to check current rating changed to a better solution that is already used in other parts of OpenTTD code. TownRatingColour implemented as a member of the Town class. Unified some duplicated code. Thanks, Hirundo!
- v08: (Minor) update to trunk.
- v07: Update to trunk. Added version for stable 0.7.0 (which is essentially identical to v0.6).
- v06: Symbol version removed: you still can find the v0.5 version here. Now only the population is coloured. Setting option merged with "show population". Fixed a bug where the colour won't update after town growth. Made sure that the patch can be applied to 0.7.
- v05: I finally found why _current_company != _local_company. Because of this bug, when the game just commenced the town names were white. A more exact colour scheme is introduced. The code have been almost completely remade to be more efficient (no longer it needs to calculate the colour each time the sign is drawn, only when the rating changes).
- v04: Colour scheme changed again. Ratings are now shown with 4x and 8x zoom-out. Symbol-only version released.
- v03: Colour scheme changed for better readability. Code changed to work only with colours instead of completely different string IDs. Use always the white colour while playing as spectator. Fixed some indentation errors.
- v02: Added patch option to activate / deactivate this option. Now everytime that a town rating is changed, that town's sign is updated.
- v01: Initial release