Can WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS affect only WWT_PUSHXXX controls?

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

adf88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Can WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS affect only WWT_PUSHXXX controls?

Post by adf88 »

My question is about changing (in my eyes it would be a repairing) the behaviour of WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS window style.
For present this style has some inconstancies in implementation and enabling it leads to workarounds.

How it works today: when the WWT_PUSHXXX control is clicked then it's lowered and its owning window is marked with 7-tick timeout. After this timeout ALL controls that belong to window are raised up. This is the inconsistency - only WWT_PUSHXXX are automatically lowered and not only WWT_PUSHXXX are automatically raised.
The workaround that we must do when using WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS is setting lowered state of window controls in OnPaint handler, we can't set this onece for all the time. This is a very common case.

The only purpose of WWB_PUSHBUTTON mask (WWT_PUSHXXX types contains this mask) is described above.

Only WWT_PUSHXXX controls should be raised up after timeout elapse.
I made this change without repairing windows and it looks like only few of them (toolbar, company window) are broken (I tried to click on almost every button).

Are you (developers) interested in changing WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS style behaviour to unclick only WWT_PUSHXXX controls?
Should I provide a patch with this change and repaired existing windows?

PS. Additionally lowered state of WWT_PUSHXXX could be automatically toggled (not just lowering but raising too) when we dont use WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS.
Last edited by adf88 on 15 Aug 2009 10:14, edited 3 times in total.
:] don't worry, be happy and checkout my patches
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Can WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS affect only WWT_PUSHXXX controls?

Post by Alberth »

Changed it to the proposed behavior in r17175 yesterday due to problems like you describe in the message options window.

I would be interested in your repair patch.

Albert
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

Sorry for off-topic. But, adf88, were you referring to alberth's change from yesterday? Or is it a twist of fate that you are asking for something which was done yesterday :)
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

adf88 wrote:PS. Additionally lowered state of WWT_PUSHXXX could be automatically toggled (not just lowering but raising too) when we dont use WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS.
Don't like that.
The current meaning of WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS is clear. For new functionality just create a new flag.
adf88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by adf88 »

frosch wrote:Sorry for off-topic. But, adf88, were you referring to alberth's change from yesterday? Or is it a twist of fate that you are asking for something which was done yesterday :)
Twist of fate, I didn't know about this change till now.
Alberth wrote:
adf88 wrote:PS. Additionally lowered state of WWT_PUSHXXX could be automatically toggled (not just lowering but raising too) when we dont use WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS.
Don't like that.
The current meaning of WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS is clear. For new functionality just create a new flag.
Maybe we misunderstood. I'm talking about a case when we do not use WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS, the default behaviour. WWT_PUSHXXX are automatically lowered when clicked. Maybe they should be automatically raised when clicked again? Not just "automatically lowerable" but "automatically toggleable". It doesn't affect meaning or behaviour of WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS style.
:] don't worry, be happy and checkout my patches
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

adf88 wrote:
Alberth wrote:
Don't like that.
Maybe we misunderstood. I'm talking about a case when we do not use WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS, the default behaviour. WWT_PUSHXXX are automatically lowered when clicked. Maybe they should be automatically raised when clicked again? Not just "automatically lowerable" but "automatically toggleable". It doesn't affect meaning or behaviour of WDF_UNCLICK_BUTTONS style.
Is there any use for this feature in current trunk?

I would still make a new flag. There is plenty of room in Window::desc_flags, and it makes the new behavior explicit.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Update: in r17192 the scenario toolbar buttons got fixed, and in r17194 the depot sell buttons.
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Were the year buttons in the new game window also fixed? They were bugged in r17190.
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Roujin wrote:Were the year buttons in the new game window also fixed? They were bugged in r17190.
Fixed in r17205 :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”