Condition's/Jump Functions

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Don
Engineer
Engineer

Condition's/Jump Functions

Post by Don »

I do not have a save game with these orders. Found it on line
Can some one explain what these lines in a train order mean and how they were entered.
One line reads: :Go non-stop via RE-Fit if Empty N (possible way station
One line reads: Go non-stop via Refit if not 100% Goods (could this mean a way station)
One line reads: Go non-stop Refit Goods type -primary ( possible a way station)
One line reads: Go via WP S Copper Ore 1 ( believe a Mine Station)
Lines 194 to 254 all have the following Order: Go non-stop via anti_Implicit Hell.
End of order
The train has orders to pick up and deliver material such as copper, iron ore, grain,livestock wood, oil,rubber and fruit. But not in the order that I have listed.
I am just starting to use the condition function. I have no ideal how to place the jump functions. Need Help On That.I am looking at saved games to see if I could figure it out. I have look on line and see many comments about the differ condition patches. But I do not have the patches. As you need to compile them. Which I do not do. Can someone help me understand How the order was made. I attached a screen shot of the order I found on line. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Don
Attachments
SRNW_pzg22orders.png
no saved game
(65.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Condition's/Jump Functions

Post by Eddi »

none of the orders you listed are conditional orders, they are just weird station names.
all orders with "go via" are waypoints
all orders with "go to" are stations (except the ones that say "depot")

the conditional orders are the ones that say "jump"

the key part of this order list are all the stations that are NOT listed at all. note that some carefully picked orders do not have "non stop", which means that all stations inbetween will be visited, even though they are not part of the order list

and the last few lines of the order list are never taken (notice the line just above them says "jump to order 1"), they are just there so that no implicit orders can be generated, because the order list is already full. this is purely cosmetic and has no real effect (note that this whole thing cannot work if "cargo distribution" is enabled)
Don
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Condition's/Jump Functions

Post by Don »

Thank you it has helped clear some of the cobwebs. However; I just do not know how to get the jump function located in the right place. Say I have 4 mines and would want to visit each , Them off to a say Power Plant. After the power Plant refit to say Iron Ore say 2 mines and on to the steel mill. Then refit to coal. I sure could used the details on this. My mine is not as sharp as it was when I was younger then 86. So help is needed. I enjoy the game and it improvements. Thanks you for your help , and answers .
Don

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”