Right Click Problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

frustrated
Engineer
Engineer

Right Click Problem

Post by frustrated »

I am using OpenTTD in Windows 8 environment. When I use right-click, the traditional dragging function stops; instead it moves to the edge of the windows. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Right Click Problem

Post by Zuu »

Look into the control panel to see if there is a way to disable gestures. Maybe you can right click on OpenTTD.exe and disable gestures only for it without disabling it for all programs.

Note that I've not used Windows 8, so I don't know if "gesture" is the right keyword you are looking for or if the above suggestions actually work. However, these are things that I would look for if I had this problem.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
frustrated
Engineer
Engineer

Post by frustrated »

Thanks for your kind reply
but I am using Desktop so cannot disable gesture.

Any further advices?

Thanks a lot!!
birdman84
Engineer
Engineer

Post by birdman84 »

Anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

I've recently installed OpenTTD and am having the same issue with right click scrolling. I've enabled left-click scrolling and it works fine, but right-click scrolling jumps to the edge of the map. I've tried turning on Windows 7 compatibility mode but that doesn't solve anything.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

As was previously mentioned, disable gestures. These are enabled for both mouse and touchscreens alike. Instructions here: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-enabl ... windows-8/

In addition, if you're using a laptop with a trackpad, the manufacturer may have shipped software which has its own mouse gesture program from the trackpad. You may need to find and disable this as well.
wrongshui
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wrongshui »

Howdy, having the same problem with Windows 8, I tried the registry edit but it hasn't fixed the problem. Oddly enough it works on the right hand side of my second screen but if I right click on the left hand side of my second screen the map moves to the to right corner and the mouse pointer leaps to the other monitor, very odd.
ADOConnection
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ADOConnection »

Here is the solution:
open compatibility settings and check "disable display scaling on high dpi settings"
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

... interesting, of all the times this issue has come up, i have never heard this solution.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”