ECS industries setting?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

trainrover
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

ECS industries setting?

Post by trainrover »

Is there actually some way to ensure that no industry ever closes? I keep tweaking the ECS newGRF parameters without entire success; my mine and light construction plant - each of which has been twice funded (from scratch) - eventually fold. Very puzzling!
kamnet

Re: ECS industries setting?

Post by kamnet »

trainrover wrote: 26 Nov 2020 18:07 Is there actually some way to ensure that no industry ever closes? I keep tweaking the ECS newGRF parameters without entire success; my mine and light construction plant - each of which has been twice funded (from scratch) - eventually fold. Very puzzling!
ECS Vectors was originally created for TTDPatch, where all industries would eventually close. This was not modified for play in OpenTTD.

More info: https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Vectors
trainrover
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainrover »

Thank you. It would appear that for the past few years, I cannot successfully swap either one of my Basic Vector beta 5's (i.e., 28 June 2009 and 25 Nov 2009) for my Basic Vector II, which is the only one of these three that bears parameters that effect stockpile, closures, etc. My coal mines, sandpits, and now my unserviced glassworks seem to be the only industries that close (I switch off those pestersome openings/closures messagings).
trainrover
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainrover »

Might somebody know, please, how I can prevent coal from being stockpiled, because ages ago I set all the newGRF vector parameters to unlimited stockpile?

I'm attaching a screenshot, and am linking to my post of minutes ago wherein I've lodged its corresponding save game.

trainrover wrote: 30 Dec 2020 01:25 Its latest state now uploaded...company's name changed too 🍸

download/file.php?id=215484&sid=28be64a ... 6af87583a9 => Daley Valey Axes, 6th July 2388
.sav"
Attachments
Daley Valey Axes, 6th Jul 2388.png
(156.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “General OpenTTD”