About pre-signals

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JakBot
Engineer
Engineer

About pre-signals

Post by JakBot »

Would it be hard to make dualsignals so that the other would be exit and the other pre. Or is it possible to make a station like this otherwise:

Legend:
= : Track
S : Station
P : Pre-Signal
E : Exit-Signal
C : Combo
1 : The New signal i'd need. < PRE > EXIT
2 : The New signal i'd need. < EXIT > PRE
< > : The direction of light (if none, then to both sides)
| : Connected somewhere down or up and so on...
. : blanks to fill the space

............|2=SSSSSSS=1|...........
===E>=2=SSSSSSS=1=P>===
===<P=2=SSSSSSS=1=<E===

What this would solve is that when i use those kinds of 2 way tracks, the trains woudn't go waiting in the station platform selection tracks if the track they are going to is blocked, as this causes major slowdowns especially in case of breakdowns. Combo-signals do this when it's an end-station, without the other side, but not in these kind of "Fly through" stations.

Crossing my fingers that atleast one persion knows what i'm talking about :oops: i suck at explaining :?.

Edit: Decided to go and take this pic, the "1's" and "2's" are just normal dualsigns here:
worldofklaus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by worldofklaus »

So I guess what you mean is than the exit signals are pre-signals as well when you come out of the station?
yeah sure that definitely would help a lot...

Especially when you think of all the trains going out of the station the wrong side because the side of the station they would normally use is blocked...
Tyrell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tyrell »

Despite the fact that you example is not making any sens to me,
I think the problem here is not that you need new signals for this.
But that you need a way to link specific Pre and Exit signals into separate signal blocks.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

worldofklaus wrote:Especially when you think of all the trains going out of the station the wrong side because the side of the station they would normally use is blocked...
The solution to this is turning, in dificultiers, so that trains reverse at end of rail and not at stations. Then they won't be allowed to go the wrong way.
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
JakBot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JakBot »

Long story short:

Replace the lower dual signals with these and then turn these around and replace the upper with them. Hope u understand now :roll:.

PS. I think the trains still turn around anywhere in case of waiting for a signal to change for too long.

Return to “General OpenTTD”