Doom 1 Soundtrack base music set

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Doom 1 Soundtrack base music set

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this.

So I put the Doom 1 soundtrack into OpenTTD for y'all to use, its on BaNaNas now. In "Online content" search for Doom and it should pop up.

I put it so the different "styles" are each chapter of the game, so "Old Style" is chapter 1's soundtrack, "New Style" is chapter 2's soundtrack and "Ezy Street" is chapter 3's soundtrack.
I also put the "victor.midi" in old style at the end, and the Bunny ending music at the end of ezy street.

Released under the same licence as the original Doom sountrack & source code were released under.

Thanks to Leanden for helping me figure out some things.

Well I hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by FulliAutomatix on 27 Aug 2017 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Doom 1 Soundtrack base music set

Post by Leanden »

FYI the music was released with the source code some time after 1997 in GNU GPLv2 and this set is released under the same licence :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I noticed an error. Track 20 and Track 21 are the same song, "Hell Keep". I also notice there's a bug somewhere in the MIDI tracks. If you use the player to flip through the songs quickly, you can land on a track that ends up actually playing the track before it. Another jog forward and back can clear the buffer and fix it. I don't know if this is something you can or want to fix.

I also have a critique. The opening intro, "Intro", is too short, too loud and its quite annoying. I think for the sake of everybody's sanity it should be left out, and let the next track, "At Doom's Gate", be the intro track fro the game. Also, it would be nice to have some readme documentation.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

kamnet wrote:I noticed an error. Track 20 and Track 21 are the same song, "Hell Keep".

This is due to level 9 in chapter 2 having the same track as level 1 in chapter 3, but I will change it.
kamnet wrote:I also notice there's a bug somewhere in the MIDI tracks. If you use the player to flip through the songs quickly, you can land on a track that ends up actually playing the track before it.
I've always had this issue with every music set in the game, not sure I can do anything about it.
kamnet wrote:I also have a critique. The opening intro, "Intro", is too short, too loud and its quite annoying. I think for the sake of everybody's sanity it should be left out, and let the next track, "At Doom's Gate", be the intro track fro the game
Personally it brought cold feelings of fear through me, but I will change it to At Dooms gate.

Thanks for the feedback! My first time doing anything like this.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It's a great add! I hadn't realized that DOOM was pushed to a GPL license. This soundtrack would go well with playing a Wasteland scenario.

Return to “General OpenTTD”