Well, we could just start it. The usual restrictions apply:
No giant map size (256^2 is best)
The list from last time looks more lengthy, but covers that, too:
* Think of it as first-impression of the game. Looking nice and appealing to many people is much more important than 'biggest station', 'most complex junction', or 'most successful company'.
* Map/file size: 256x256 or smaller, maximum of ~150 KiB. You don't need a very big savegame to show a lot, actually most screens can't even show such maps in full. Actually, 128x128 is more than sufficient for 1920x1200, but 64x64 is just a tad small.
* Show as much different things as possible, and try to show how they should be used. For example show the difference between presignals and path signals, standard road stops and drive through road stops. Show steam trains and maglevs, dualheads etc.
* Breakdowns will automatically be disabled, so try the game with breakdowns disabled.
* Cheating for money or making a money losing example isn't a big problem.
* Try to make it visually appealing, also for very big screens. However, put most interesting stuff that doesn't use much space in upper left part of the viewport as that piece is shown for all screen resolutions. The upper left part of the viewport is the anchor. Larger viewports will expand the view only to the bottom and to the right. Thus choose the upper left corner of what you show in the upper left part of the map.
* Try with different base sets; it should look appealing regardless of which is used; this might exclude toyland.
* Try to keep the number of simultaneous sound effects down. E.g. try to reduce the number of level crossings, but for example keep one or two to show the difference between block and path signals on level crossings.
* And of course the savegame MUST be compatible with clean trunk
, so no savegames made with any patched version. Any official version is ok.
* Do not use AIs; they might be missing for clients. What you can do is make a multi-company game by means of multiplayer.
* Do not use any NewGRFs; NewGRFs can't be loaded in the intro game because that might crash OpenTTD when they are not found among with some coding reasons.
* Do not use a Game script
When adding a title game candidate to this thread, please add a screenshot too. Better create one excellent savegame than several mediocre ones
Please also only one savegame per posting
and it'd be nice, if you could just remove old versions or edit the posting with the old savegame and making a completely new posting so that it becomes clear that it is deprecated now - it makes it easier for me to not add deprecated savegames nor miss any.