Titlegame for OpenTTD 1.4 series - We have a winner

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Titlegame for OpenTTD 1.4 series

Post by ISA »

planetmaker wrote:I've updated the preview with the new versions from Fleashosio and ISA.

@ISA: you can easily check different screen resolutions by selecting those in the game options (even in windowed mode) or simply by resizing the window accordingly.

Thanks! I very much like the larger ones of mine, but smaller titlescreens just isnt showing up what I want! I just must hope that peole wont play the small resos or window mode :P
Gelidis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gelidis »

My entry:

(Higher resolution: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5nkenm&s=8#.UviRVfl5MYk)

This is a light version of how experienced players build up their town when playing at Novapolis city builder servers. The goal at these servers is to grow a town as big as possible by delivering big amounts of passengers, mail, coal, goods and valuables. You can see more here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=69663

It's probably a bit different compared to most title games, but hopefully that can fascinate :))
Attachments
titlegame2.sav
(54.05 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Al T.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Al T. »

My Entry:

Just a days work so far, but I hope you guys like it!

Attachments
Sindhead Transport, 9th May 2026.sav
(38.32 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Fleashosio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fleashosio »

Al T. wrote:My Entry:

Just a days work so far, but I hope you guys like it!

I'll be honest, I was pretty sure I had a good chance of winning. Those feelings have completely gone away. Good job, man! That looks amazing! Assuming you cant vote for yourself (And maybe even if you could), you'd get mine.
Al T.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Al T. »

Thankyou :) I made the scenario from scratch, so the entire scene was designed for the title screen. However it is right on the edge of the map, so maybe this will be a problem for higher screen resolutions, I'm not sure. If so I will start again!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Al T. wrote:Thankyou :) I made the scenario from scratch, so the entire scene was designed for the title screen. However it is right on the edge of the map, so maybe this will be a problem for higher screen resolutions, I'm not sure. If so I will start again!
If that edge is towards the left/top there should be no problem, as the top left point of your save is the same for every resolution.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Al T.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Al T. »

The edge is to the bottom and to the right, so where the screen expands to I think. So maybe I will start again and try and make perfect for all resolutions.
Fleashosio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fleashosio »

Al T. wrote:The edge is to the bottom and to the right, so where the screen expands to I think. So maybe I will start again and try and make perfect for all resolutions.
Yeah, the screen expands down and to the right, never up and to the left. However, wait to see if planetmaker will add it to the preliminary overview to see if there actually is a problem in high resolutions. It'd stink to find out that it was fine to begin with after you re-did the whole thing.

Regardless, you've motivated me to make a second entry.
Al T.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Al T. »

Attempt 2: This one has room to expand downwards and to the right for larger resolutions.

Let me know which of the 2 is better.

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I've update the preview page again with the entries from AI. T. and furonyan. The latter savegame seems to be configured to use a lot of AIs - which cannot be found nor used in the titlegame.

EDIT: Please do NOT edit your posts to update your savegames. Make a new posting, please. Or I easily miss updates.

EDIT2: With a bit help from frosch, here's the savegame of furonyan without any AIs; it can be loaded with current beta4 or trunk.
Attachments
furonyan_16.sav
(115.87 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
RBC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RBC »

new submission from my side:
titlegame.sav
(25.36 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
The previous one was way too crowded I think.
Screenshot 1920 x 1200:
McIntosh & Co., 14th Sep 2056#1.png
(624.91 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
it replaces this one: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1106703
RBC wrote:This is my personal titlegame for a while now. But it's christmas, so I like to share it with you ;)
EDIT: tried to show screenshots directly, figured out it shows only when smaller or equal than 800x600
UPDATE: new Version (Fr Dez 20, 2013 4:09 pm) - canals and one-way-roads included + small improvements

titlegame9.sav [134.73 KiB]
RAMMAR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RAMMAR »

Here titlegame in my special and crazy style (at first, I wanted to make it much simplier then the entry that was done two years ago), but then I got some ideas and you know where they always take me -> to the huge mess. Anyway, this is a final version (as I've not posted yet) and I won't make any changes inspite of possible new ideas or errors in this title (there shouldn't be any as there were too much testing were done, so if you see anything that you think that is some kind of mistake, than it was specially implemented to be so...)

P.S. for some reasons the save is big in size (even if almost of unused land is set to water, but due to the special structures on hills and cities on hills I couldn't bring them down, it could be possible to be done with the cities, but for those structures (air beacons???), curtainly it's "no"...)
Last edited by RAMMAR on 15 Feb 2014 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
Life is the moving train on the tracks...
(Transport Tycoon Deluxe for the real)
furo-nyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by furo-nyan »

planetmaker wrote:I've update the preview page again with the entries from AI. T. and furonyan. The latter savegame seems to be configured to use a lot of AIs - which cannot be found nor used in the titlegame.

EDIT: Please do NOT edit your posts to update your savegames. Make a new posting, please. Or I easily miss updates.

EDIT2: With a bit help from frosch, here's the savegame of furonyan without any AIs; it can be loaded with current beta4 or trunk.
Thanks to you and frosch. I wondered how to get more companies and just found the command to start AIs, tried to disable them. But after finishing my entry I read AIs should not be used. I was clueless what to do so I wondered if there was a possibility to change AIs in Multiplayer to actual players.
Next time I will make a new post, sorry for earlier.
Fleashosio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fleashosio »

Hmm, i've been working on a second entry, but with only couple hours left to go until the deadline, and the screen isn't filled up on even my own resolution, I have no hope to finish. So I can only hope my first entry can do good enough. The time went by faster than I had thought, and if I was paying more attention, I might've noticed how close the deadline was. Hm, oh well, I can use it for another contest of some sort, probably, or at least the same design.
Al T.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Al T. »

My final (new) entry. I prefer my old entry myself, but it's not suitable for larger resolutions due to being on the corner of the map.

So here we are:

If there's still time left, I will maybe update it tommorow morning with some new goods lines for higher res screens.

Al
Attachments
Wrabourne Cross Transport, 8th Apr 2027.sav
(75.04 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Fleashosio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fleashosio »

Al T. wrote: If there's still time left, I will maybe update it tommorow morning with some new goods lines for higher res screens.

Al
Less than an hour. Time's pretty much up.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Fleashosio wrote:
Al T. wrote: If there's still time left, I will maybe update it tommorow morning with some new goods lines for higher res screens.

Al
Less than an hour. Time's pretty much up.
I'll definitely first get a good night's sleep and have breakfast before I'll prepare the compilation for the voting round 1.
Al T.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Al T. »

FINAL FINAL UPDATE TO MY ENTRY

Desired Zoom Level Shot:

Zoomed Out Shot to show content for larger resolutions :)

Save attached below.

This is my final entry.

Al
Attachments
Wrabourne Cross Transport, 18th Jan 2029.sav
(79.82 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
RAMMAR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RAMMAR »

Urgent update/bug fix (probably that it wasn't made by me) - that's is good that I've took my eye on my screenshot again and then I suddenly got feeling that there is something very wrong and shouldn't be like that -> and that is the colour scheme, at start of this game I set it (for each unit individually and it was all correct then), but may be because of the fact that I've played also on my notebook (from the same save), those setups were disabled for some reasons as I think that colour scheme is stored in save too (not in game options and so on). Anyway, here the corrected save (it's good that the fix was made in pause mode). And I hope that planetmaker will accept this update, sorry for that (BTW, some of the entries has the same basic company colour, that isn't different for each kind of vihicle...)
Attachments
opntitle.dat
(168 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
opntitle.png
opntitle.png (270.98 KiB) Viewed 725 times
Life is the moving train on the tracks...
(Transport Tycoon Deluxe for the real)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

All updates up to now are part of the voting process. As the time of writing, I'm uploading the entries and the generated screenshots to http://devs.openttd.org/~planetmaker/titlegame/round1/

The first round of votes is now open which will result in a shortlist of the top three entries. Everyone is encouraged to vote, where a vote is a ranked list of up to three savegames.

Code: Select all

1. favourite.sav
2. second_best.sav
3. also_good.sav
You can either vote by writing me a forum message with the topic "titlegame competition" or write an e-mail to me.

There was a problem with furo-nyan's update to the savegame as it's borken and cotains an invalid chunk (did you use a patchpack?), thus I used the previous one

Return to “General OpenTTD”