renew train question

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

maginot
Engineer
Engineer

renew train question

Post by maginot »

hello fellow transporters!

This is my first actual post on this forum - i have been lurking A LOT thou :)

Lately i have been running into some troubles regarding old trains. Is there any way to renew the trains automatically?
I'm in the year 2014 so my trains are primarely the "Centinnial" which runs on diesel (dunno if this information is going to help you answering my question).

If one click on the train icon at the top menu, they can organize trains after their age - is there anyway, instead of clicking on the "clone train" and get the train to a depot, that i can autumatically renew trains when they are getting old?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: renew train question

Post by planetmaker »

Are you sure you play TTD? And not OpenTTD (specifically here)? Note that there's a specific OpenTTD forum section.
maginot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maginot »

i play openttd
maginot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maginot »

planetmaker wrote:Are you sure you play TTD? And not OpenTTD (specifically here)? Note that there's a specific OpenTTD forum section.

thank you so much! that was exactly what i was looking for!
Arie-
Director
Director

Post by Arie- »

maginot wrote:[...] is there anyway, instead of clicking on the "clone train" and get the train to a depot, that i can autumatically renew trains when they are getting old?
Answer: Yes.
Additionally: Did you search for a solution to your problem?
Finally: A hint, openttd autorenew.
MegaStationMan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MegaStationMan »

This function is fine if you are regularly servicing your vehicles, but if not, they will not renew until they go to a depot.
This is one of the differences between TTDPatch and OpenTTD that annoys me. In the patch you can set the trains to go to depot when they get old, but not in OpenTTD. What you have to do in OpenTTD is given them a "send to nearest/specific depot" order preceded by a "goto order 1 when train age is less than X".
Oceanliner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oceanliner »

An extension of the original question is if it's possible to replace a single front engine AND a wagon for a front and back engine or vice versa automatically? Right now I build trains one wagon short when I expect front and back engine trains to arrive in a distant future just because I miss like fiddling to much with my trains one by one.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

There's in the autoreplace window a checkbox for "automatic wagon removal". The reverse is not feasible.

http://wiki.openttd.org/Autoreplace#Wagon_removal
Oceanliner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oceanliner »

Thanks, I should be searching the wiki more but my forum "mode" is slightly incompatible with my search -the-wiki mode. Other lost souls might find the hint here useful anyway.

Return to “General OpenTTD”