STGFX Dev Posts

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

STGFX Dev Posts

Post by spajdy »

Hello,
we want to introduce you our little projects of Slovak Transport Graphics (hereinafter referred to as "STGFX"). Here is a list of sets we plan to create. Into this thread I will add news and progress pictures so I have documentation of the development.
  • STGFX Bus Set Restarted - due to many errors, and technical issues, this version was abandoned and will be replaced with rebooted version.
  • STGFX Trolleybus Set BETA B1.00.05 available in-game (B1.00.06 in production)
  • STGFX Train Set handed over to someone else
  • Slovak Tram Set in planning stages
  • Slovak Truck Set cancelled
Lets talk and show!

Slovak Bus Set we aimed at citybuses mainly, because we wanted to do something complex and enjoyable for players (ehm, us).
Here is a picture, you can see there Karosa ŠM 11 (city bus), Karosa C 734 (local lines) and Ikarus 280 (.08 city bus, .10 local lines). All Karosa buses in the picture use comapny colours (1st company colour is for citybus, 2st comapny colour is for local lines, but this is not a rule). Ikarus 280 has actual livery used on them.
prew_1.png
prew_1.png (241.57 KiB) Viewed 19817 times
We used subtype menu to allow change between CC version and actual livery used in reality.
Subtype menu for Karosa B731
Subtype menu for Karosa B731
prew_3.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 19817 times
As you can notice, there are subtypes for Karosa B731 and those are: B 731, B 732 (updated version) and B 732 CNG equipped with CNG engine that is cheaper to operate. (Yes ingame!) And there are town names that this vehicle can use livery of.

Of course there is much more buses in set to show than Karosa and Ikarus, but why would I show everything in the beginning, right?

Slovak Train Set, well here I aimed at the fact that Slovakia use two main electric system for trains. DC 3kV and AC 25 kV. So I wanted to include behaviour of this ingame. That was quiet nuts, but I knew it was made before, so I tried and I did it. Actually I even added few more railtypes in the game. AC 15 kV (because of short railtrack connection to Austria), and narrow gauges 600mm, 1000mm (those two need to be done properly as there are nonelectrified, electrified and with rag rail versions, but this have time for now.)
I obeyed standardized labels for this (for sake of working it properly and avoid headache) and I've created my own system of labeling for this. It will be published online on public grf file itself so anyone can understand how it works.

(Anyway, I saw there were attempt to make Trains of Europe with electrification systems, but I don't know if it has been done or not. But I think there were diffuluties, so I considered for short period of time to expand my Slovak rail set to Europe rail set, but I don't think I've drive to that.)
List of railtypes
List of railtypes
prew_4.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 19817 times
Other thing I wanted in-game was longer carriages because length of "8" looks so strange for me and I've seen this in Czech Train Sets so I speculated how to do this, and I figured it out.
Not only that I've made it I decided I want locomotives and carriages behave rather as in reality. It is a small touch but you can notice that end lights are on only on the last car of the train. Even red lights on the loco are switched off (but you can't see this on this picture) but I think it is worth this small details no one really cares about. (Well, I do.)

DISCORD SLOVAK SERVER:
https://discord.gg/ntXG2bz3dp
Last edited by spajdy on 26 Feb 2023 11:42, edited 10 times in total.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Post by spajdy »

Here are pictures of our PushPull that actually behave as a pushpull unit. And yes you can try our pushpull technologies if you search for DB Pushpull on the forum. We made it public as it is not suitable for Slovak Train Pack, so gave it. It should behave almost the same.
PushPull pulling
PushPull pulling
prew_6.png (90.48 KiB) Viewed 19812 times
PushPull pushing
PushPull pushing
prew_7.png (90.95 KiB) Viewed 19812 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
Larpacock
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Larpacock »

Hi guys,
I absolutely love the idea of this set and looking forward to try it in the game. For couple of months I've been playing scenario based on Slovakia heightmap so using actual liveries for slovak towns/cities will be magnificent.
Fingers crossed and keep up good work. :bow: :bow:

Thanks

Larp (SVK)
Traffic Manager

Post by MLG »

spajdy wrote: 06 Oct 2020 20:17 (Anyway, I saw there were attempt to make Trains of Europe with electrification systems, but I don't know if it has been done or not. But I think there were diffuluties, so I considered for short period of time to expand my Slovak rail set to Europe rail set, but I don't think I've drive to that.)
Looking forward to it. :bow: And, you could possibly in future start with adding Czech trains to it (you will already have the tracks and a lot of trains), and then expanding it slowly.

PS: How timed! Just after my release of trains from High Tatra mountains! :D viewtopic.php?f=67&t=87490 Poor trains. :cry: Okay, at least the tracks I made can be useful for somebody... And feel free to PM me, if you wish to use some of my train graphics.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

MLG wrote: 07 Oct 2020 16:10 Just after my release of trains from High Tatra mountains!
I've actually downloaded that and was like why the hell this doesn't work than I figured out mismatched labels with my own set. (I happen to forget about those, often.)
So I've changed my label to standardized for High Tatras track and it worked fine. But it won't in the future, because I decided using strictly my own labels for this set, so once I get to those trains I will change it properly.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

I am here just with a quick update:
We've decided on a beta release of our Slovak Bus Set, it should be by the end of December of this year. We are not done with this, but we post our progress on Instagram and people started asking when they can play with it, so that is why we are planning on public testing.
nahlad_velky.png
nahlad_velky.png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 19440 times
banner.png
banner.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 19246 times

So, now you know.
Last edited by spajdy on 08 Nov 2020 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Can't wait to see them how they pick up customers from my Kaufland or Tesco :twisted:

P.S.: veľký náhľad sa mi moc páči :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Upadate November 11th, 2020

Hello there, I want to document my progress as I go.
I am updating the code for my buses, so it is simpler to make changes furthermore because we have a lot of types and it gets a little bit confusing if it doesn't have any structure. And while I am doing so I am solving issues that bug me. And I am adding little tweaks here and there.
Powered by labels
Powered by labels
image_2020-11-11_160547.png (5.32 KiB) Viewed 19188 times
Here I needed to figure out, how this bus will behave in-game. Because DIESEL version is good to go, but CNG and Hybrid have lower running costs, okay, so I've made the switch and everything is cool right? I still wasn't pretty happy about it, because Urbanway (Full)Hybrid switches to an electric engine once it gets under 20 km/h, thus it should generate lower running costs, so okay I've created another switch and everything seems all right, but I don't really know when the bus is running on electricity. How would I know? Do I need to know? No, not exactly. I just want to.
So I've created this little icon of battery and placed it in GUI icons in the vehicle list and vehicle details. So whenever it runs slower than 20 km/h, it shows this icon:
Urbanway FullHybrid showing battery icon
Urbanway FullHybrid showing battery icon
image_2020-11-11_161042.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 19188 times
Anyway, I got a little bit tired because I had to repair some graphic files for the buses as they have been more like placeholders without counting "sun" and any kind of shading. So I opened my other set, that is the trolleybus set and I've created a bit of the road in here because we will need them once we get to the Trolleybuses.
Trolleybus infrastructure
Trolleybus infrastructure
prew_November_3.png (52.38 KiB) Viewed 19188 times
But it seems everything will be all right and on time in December for the first BETA. I hope so.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Pst, I should be probably quiet about this because this won't be included in the beta release, but what the hell I am way too excited to show this.
This is not 32bit graphics. This is 8bit graphics, but alternative sprite for 4X ZOOM. At this moment it is not clear if this will be included even in the final version. But maybe, maybe!
Iveco Citelis 4X ZOOM.
Iveco Citelis 4X ZOOM.
image_2020-11-15_101157.png (21.76 KiB) Viewed 19067 times
Iveco Citelis 12m was the first bus I ever created in classic graphic, so here I tried to step up my game.

And yes, we made road graphics, but for now, it stays in development, mostly for the trolleybus set, but in some version, we also start implementing it to the bus set. We want to add the bus line (only for buses), and we want to create roads with bicycle lanes.

Small update ended.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Quick update:

I've updated some of our graphics for SOR buses, mainly operating in Trnava, Nitra, and Prievidza. Both as town buses and regional buses.
So here they are:

Attachments
Nitra buses
Nitra buses
prew_1_Nitra.png (117.67 KiB) Viewed 9917 times
Trnava buses
Trnava buses
prew_7_TT.png (123.48 KiB) Viewed 9917 times
PD buses
PD buses
prew_2_PD.png (167.47 KiB) Viewed 9917 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Announcing release date for the Slovak Bus Set BETA version 1.0.0.

December 25th, 2020. So yeah, you all will have a Christmas present.

I've cut down the Troliga bus, but it will come later, I promise. There is one more SOR; SOR C 12 for regio lines. I know this is not much for the first BETA, but I doing what I can during these crazy times - I've had to change my job, and I need to invest time into it, so I am a bit behind schedule. Anyway, here, have a look. Psst, I do what I can do to add Škoda Perun to this BETA and more liveries into existing stuff.
Cutout for BETA
Cutout for BETA
image_2020-12-08_111347.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 18637 times
There is a preview of the purchase menu information as there are subtypes hidden into the one main vehicle - thus you wouldn't know if we didn't write, that you can use subtype with lower running costs or different speeds. I hope this will help with gameplay. And yep, it is inspired by Ikarus Set.
We don't want to hide important informations.
We don't want to hide important informations.
image_2020-12-08_120502.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 18637 times
Karosa ŠM 11 [CC, Cream with red stripes]
Karosa ŠM 16,5 [CC, Cream with red stripes]
Karosa ŠL 11 [CC, Cream with blue stripes]
Karosa ŠD 11 [CC, Cream with green stripes]

Karosa B 731, with subtypes of B 732 and B 732 CNG [CC, cream with red stripes, white with red stripes, Žilina, Banská Bystrica, Košice Košice II, Trnava I, Trnava II, Bratislava SPP CNG, Prievidza, Prešov]
Karosa B 741 with CNG subtypes [CC, white, and red stripes, Banská Bystrica, Bratislava SPP CNG, Bratislava red CNG, Prešov, Prievidza, Žilina, Žilina School bus]
Karosa B 734 with CNG subtypes [CC, white and blue stripes, Dunajská Streda, Prievidza, Trnava, Michalovce CNG, Nitra, Topoľčany, white, Humenné should be corrected till 25th, if not I'm sorry.]
Karosa B 744 [CC, white with blue stripes, Prešov, Prievidza]
Karosa LC 735 and LC 736 only in white with yellow stripes.

(furthermore, I am gonna write RS for Red stripes, BS, blue stripes.)
Karosa B 931 and B 932 [CC, RS]
Karosa C 941 [CC, RS]
Karosa B 934 [CC, BS]
Karosa B 956 Axer [CC, Prievidza]

Ikarus 280.08 [CC, Red, RS, Nitra, Banská Bystrica, Košice, Prešov]
Ikarus 280.10 [CC, Blue]

Iveco Citelis 12m CITY version with CNG subtype [2CC, 2CC CNG, Bratislava red, Bratislava orange, Prešov, Žilina, Eurobus, Liptovský Mikuláš, Martin, Považská Bystrica, Ružomberok, Banská Bystrica CC, Prievidza CC, Trnava CC]
Iveco Citelis 18m City version with CNG subtype [2CC, 2CC CNG, Žilina, Banská Bystrica CNG]

Iveco Crossway LE 12m CITY version [2CC, Bratislava, Martin, Nitra and due to fact Prešov has now few of them, we just planned Prešov version.]
Iveco Crossway 12m LINE version [2 CC, Slovak Lines (Bratislava region), Blue]

Iveco Urbanway 12m with CNG and Hybrid versions [2CC, 2CC CNG, 2CC HYBRID, Bratislava, Bardejov, Banská Bystrica CNG, Žilina HYBRID]

Iveco Crealis 12 m [2CC, Lúčenec]

SOR C 12 [CC, Arriva, Arriva old, Humenné, Bratislava]

SOR BN 12 with CNG version [CC 3-Door, CC 4- door, CC CNG 4-door, Trnava 3-door, Nitra CNG 4-door, Nitra 4-door, Veolia Nitra 4-door, Veolia Nitra 3-door, Arriva Nitra 4-door]
SOR CN 12 [CC, Arriva, Arriva old, Humenné, Prievidza, Trnava]

SOR NB 12 [2CC, Bratislava, Liptovský Mikuláš, Eurobus, Košice, Nitra, Ružomberok]
SOR NB 18 [2CC, Bratislava red, Bratislava white, Košice, Nitra, Spišská Nová Ves, Prešov]

SOR NS 12 electric [CC, Bratislava, Banská Bystrica testing colour]

Notice for version BETA 1.0.0
I had to stop doing what I was doing with that set, to make the first BETA possible, so that is why Karosa buses don't have all of the subtypes yet. I and my friend had not planned this big set properly in the begging, but right now we have planned stuff and some schedule for this to deliver faster and better. Please be kind to us, we started in January and we aimed a little bit higher than we could make it. But we will not give up.
Anyway, there can be more liveries available with the release date, but I am not gonna promise that as it is December 8th and there are less than 20 days to the release of the first BETA.

I am not gonna announce BETA 1.0.1 before the release of the first public beta, am I?
Well, there are graphics for more types of buses in our drawers, but I couldn't make the change from the older code, we used till September in time. Man, that was a mess. Now I can maintain and I don't have to look for a while to change something. So, you know, I am kinda announcing that I am not finished with everything but it does not bother me because I know that in the first half of the year 2021 there will be at least one more release for this anyway.
There will Troliga bus, yay!
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

ooh <3 I'm gonna replace my actual buses by IVECO and SOR Buses immediately after release! :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Glad to hear that, hope I will have more time in the upcoming months so it won't stay at BETA for too long. :)
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

bassem.90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bassem.90 »

Greattt jobb 😍😍😍 will there be any future plan for Slovak planes set for example? Thank you 🙏
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

bassem.90 wrote: 15 Dec 2020 21:50 Greattt jobb 😍😍😍 will there be any future plan for Slovak planes set for example? Thank you 🙏
Ehm, nope at the moment.
But I am not saying no to this, in the future, but there is a lot to make already. And I've swapped jobs, and everything goes crazy again so we will see what will come.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Today I wrapped most of the work on BETA, that said, yeah there shall not be any delay for releasing on the 25th, December.

That said, I am gonna test it for the next couple of days so if anything pops up, I can check it and fix it. And then we are good to go. Are you excited?
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

bassem.90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bassem.90 »

spajdy wrote: 16 Dec 2020 11:36
bassem.90 wrote: 15 Dec 2020 21:50 Greattt jobb 😍😍😍 will there be any future plan for Slovak planes set for example? Thank you 🙏
Ehm, nope at the moment.
But I am not saying no to this, in the future, but there is a lot to make already. And I've swapped jobs, and everything goes crazy again so we will see what will come.
Best of luck 🤩🤩
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Everything looks so far so good with the first Slovak Bus Beta, so I've started messing around with trolleybuses a little more.
First of all, I wanted my own, custom roads, mostly because of trolleybuses, but soon enough I knew, that I want classic Slovak roads. So I've basically written code for a few of them for testing purposes. Without any graphics.
Town roads (50 km/h), Regional Roads (90 km/h), Highway (130 km/h), and Trolleybus Town Roads (50 km/h) but soon enough I did realize it is not best for gameplay, nor for everyone. And there is plenty of road sets out there, so you can choose whatever you want. So I've started messing around with roads if I can use some switch at them... ha ha ha.. jokes on me. Then I was focused on buses and I've created one more type of road "BUS LINE" with 50 km/h. But I've opened it in the last days and started thinking, I want people to use my trolleybuses, but I don't want them to force my own roads, even if I am going to include them with a trolleybus set. So I've started messing with parameters and if/else blocks. And the result is, I've added a parameter that allows you to completely switch off my roads, so you can use someone else.

So I've made notes of changes, for my roads: here is what you can expect from me:
Dirt road - 30 km/h - mostly for effect, not to use it normally.
Town road - 50 km/h - for towns and cities
Fast town road - 70 km/h - for freeway for towns and cities
Bus line - 50 km/h - bus line for cities (only buses allowed)
Busway - 90 km/h - Inspired by BRT, fast bus line (only buses allowed)
Regional road - 90 km/h - regional road
Highway - 130 km/h
Highway (no speed limit)
The electrified road for trolleybuses - 50 km/h mostly to be used in towns and cities
Bus line electric - 50 km/h - for public transit only buses and trolleybus.
The electrified road for trolleybuses - regional - 90 km/h

This I want to make, so it has some balance between reality and gameplay.
I even considered if I am going to make three stages of the parameter.
1. Realistic (real speed limits)
2. Gameplay oriented (speed limits in favor of the gameplay)
3. Off

But I've decided only on the on and off option.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello, Marry Christmas to you all.

So, we started testing support for Night Mode, so here is first picture.

For now, only Ikarus 280 has this.
280.08 has lights always on.
280.10 has lights on only when loading.

It checks if you have active Night Base Graphics, if yes, it will use these, if not, it will use normal sprites. :)
Attachments
Test of Night Mode
Test of Night Mode
nightmode.png (173.67 KiB) Viewed 9917 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Wow, finally after 7 years someone makes graphics for it. Very cool :)

Return to “Graphics Development”