Welcome to the development topic for my version of an NRT roadset.
Chindham Transport, Sep 22nd, 1990.png [ 68.56 KiB | Viewed 3263 times ]
(note: dirt and european roads not pictured!)RATT Roads
is essentially the successor to ARRS, featuring revamped sprites and (currently) 4 additional roadtypes to take advantage of some of NRT's features. All five road types are compatible to each other and the default ROAD type so any vehicles can drive on them.Basic Asphalt Road
- Introduced in 1920, this is the roadtype towns will build by default. Nothing more than a strip of pavement, it is cheap and only has a speed limit of 35mph. Note that because this roadtype is the default, it will always be available, even before 1920.Improved Asphalt Road
- Boasting improved safety features, such as a yellow line painted on the surface, this roadtype is introduced in 1940 and has a speed limit of 55mphModern Asphalt Road
- This roadtype is introduced in 1970 and includes paved shoulders and fog lines, allowing a higher speed limit of 85mph.Highway
- Introduced in 1955, the Highway roadtype has no speed limit, but is very expensive. Eventually I will include a set of objects to augment highways similar to the way I tried to in ARRS Objects
, but they are not included yet. As of 0.2.0, houses will no longer try to build along highways!Dirt Road
- New in 0.2.0! Everyone's favorite bumpy, dusty, dirt roads make a return for RATT Roads featuring a shiny
dirty new look. These roads are available from year 0 and due to being even less
safe than their paved cousins only have a speed limit of 25mph.
What's that? You don't want any
speed limits? You want them slower
? You want to build Highways in 1700? Perfect, because RATT Roads 0.2.0 now has parameters to allow you to configure all of those things as you please! And as a bonus for our European friends, there's now also a Euro/UK road surface alternative which can be activated by parameter (default is still American style), as well as an available French translation!
Please mind that this roadset is not 100% complete, especially due to the ongoing development of NotRoadTypes itself. *cough*don't build tunnels*cough*
As new features are added the set will need to be updated too, and there are a few things I still need to polish, but otherwise it's functional and is a good representation of what the set will be.
Similar to ARRS, RATT Roads is made to work with OpenGFX, including full support for OpenGFX+ Landscape. Let me know of any problems with the set, and if you encounter any crashes or similar please let the NRT guys know
so it can get fixed.
Remember, the more you play with NRT and find bugs the better odds of getting this in trunk
Naturally this NewGRF requires the RATT fork of OpenTTD
, and is released under GPL v2 license. Huge thanks to the team behind NRT and OpenTTD itself for making this possible!
rattroads.tar [568 KiB]
Downloaded 31 times
rattroads_0.2.0_source.zip [430.01 KiB]
Downloaded 7 times