Graphics without .nfo files [needs coders!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

I think he understands what you mean when you show him this picture. :wink:

Bastiaan
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Lakie wrote:
Bernhard wrote:hi Lakie,
that can't be toooo hard for you ;-)

if you don't have time i would try............ i think i can code those trains now.

(i'm on work with some other types of S-Bahn, but i think i will finish soon, because i got so much help from you, thx again!!!))
You wish, I can code this, will be simple enough (I'm not completely out of practise).

nice for the offer though.
Hows the progress with the TGV Atlantique ? :P

Whats a S-Bahn ?

~ Lakie
TGV-Atlantique is ready, not coded by me but from Szappy. Purno must give it free!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried to code the TGV-Duplex yesterday. Progress is good. Not finished yet, my wife needed the PC too ;-)

What's an S-Bahn, have you seen the pictures?? i will add one.
S-Bahn is needed in Munich, Berlin and Hamburg for the 'public metropolitan and suburban commuter railway systems' (found this in an translator' it's like the METRO in Paris/Moscow/London, but above, not underground. It's electric and gets its power from an power-gauge (?) (conductor??)

edit @ Purno: the grey colours from the roof had been transparent. Was that my fault during converting from png to pcx??
Attachments
tgv_duplex.jpg
tgv_duplex.jpg (66.98 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Erm...

I said I would code the TGV Duplex :?. I have already made a grf, just need the stats for the train.
Sorry, but I do like to finish what I start. ;)

Shame about the TGV Atlantique though, you gave up on it?

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bernhard wrote: TGV-Atlantique is ready, not coded by me but from Szappy. Purno must give it free!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried to code the TGV-Duplex yesterday. Progress is good. Not finished yet, my wife needed the PC too ;-)
You can release the Atlantique, I've no time for testing it. (you migth want to let some others test it?)
Bernhard wrote: edit @ Purno: the grey colours from the roof had been transparent. Was that my fault during converting from png to pcx??
I don't see anything transparent. But why are you posting a .jpg? (.jpg has compression, you should use .png IMO)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

i changed all the transparent pixels.
I've got problems with png
I cant read that with my paint-prog. So i convert to bmp. Is that the reason?? but i thought you do your work with paint too??

The pic i loaded up ist jpg because it is smaler. my internet access at home is very slow.

edit: TGV-ATLANTIQUE : http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/graphid.php?id=106
Last edited by Bernhard on 04 Nov 2004 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Lakie wrote:Erm...

I said I would code the TGV Duplex :?. I have already made a grf, just need the stats for the train.
Sorry, but I do like to finish what I start. ;)

Shame about the TGV Atlantique though, you gave up on it?

~ Lakie
please , finish. I got some errors. i don't get it finished soon.
It was just do do something that evening. This sight shown is the only one that is correct, all others must be corrected, and i don't have that time at the moment (familiy..................) so, please, it's your turn!!!!! :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bernhard wrote:i changed all the transparent pixels.
I've got problems with png
I cant read that with my paint-prog. So i convert to bmp. Is that the reason?? but i thought you do your work with paint too??
Converting it to bmp should give any problem since I originally used a bmp to draw in. Later I converted it to a png because I can't post bmps on tt-forums.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Once I get some stats from someone I can finish the coding.
Also the bm73 is ready for a release, just need the go ahead from purno.

[edit] after looking at the TGV Atlantique, It seems disapointting.
First a space in the name, ttdpatch didn't like that, no readme.
Ingame, it was ok, but I didn't like the limitted train length.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

what do you mean with 'It seems disapointting.' ?? i don't understand the word??

The space in the name can be changed, but i had no problem during using it....
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lakie wrote: just need the go ahead from purno.
*gives the go ahead from purno
Bernhard wrote:what do you mean with 'It seems disapointting.' ?? i don't understand the word??
Disappointting; he probably means he expected more than there actually is... :?:
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Purno,

Ok, will make final version to night, and update my webbie. ;)

Bernhard,

I was expecting a little more than what was given, but the space in the name was a VERY bad first impression on me.
I suppose if you want a job right do it yourself? :P

I'll get use to it.

~ Lakie
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Another graphic:

The X2000 (from Sweden IIRC)
Attachments
X2000 EMU
X2000 EMU
X2000.png (10.08 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
Image Image
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

@ Lakie............. i wasn't able to code the TGV at that time. So i asked Szappy to code it, bacause he was searching for trains to code to test his new programm.

What did you expected more ? The train can be build as it would be in real life. Speed and loading is correct..................

Now i think i would be able, (learned much from you, thx).
Example is my S-Bahn.
The design isn't perfect. i think there is something to do left.
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Lakie wrote:Bernhard,

I was expecting a little more than what was given, but the space in the name was a VERY bad first impression on me.
I suppose if you want a job right do it yourself? :P

I'll get use to it.

~ Lakie
Hey Lakie, that was a quite rude, and most useless feedback I ever got. And the top on it, it came from a coder :?
WHAT is that gave you a "VERY bad first impression" ?
Was it really one space character in the name of it??? REALLY?
What did you expect, and how do I improve it, if I don't know what's wrong with it?
Next time try some useful feedback. Jeez...
Image please use email instead of PM
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

i heard only positive-Feedback so far. Everybody says........... looking good, fine work.
Compliments to Purno and Szappy
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bernhard wrote:Compliments to Purno and Szappy
Thx. :D
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

That one Space character caused TTdpatch to say it didn't even exist. :shock:
after renaming it, it worked, so I suppose it wasn't that bad, although not everyone would have seen that error.

however I didn't like having it limitted to one train. (was that done by you or someone else?)

The missing readme didn't give a good impression ether, kinda let it down. although I understand you not wantting to write a readme. (as I also hate writing them.)

Also a few little things that got me ingame... just little qurks, nothing special.

That seem better?

Also I would have coded it, but it was the start of college, as I said earlier I'm always able to help people, just takes sometime.

But Thanks for coding it. (Or Szappy for that case)

[edit] sorry for offending you. :oops:

~ Lakie
JEB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JEB »

I noticed the same problem, I renamed it and it fixed just as you said.
I just didn't know what was wrong. Nice train.
Warspite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Warspite »

Can i just say Purno - You are a god :shock:
---------------------------
Warspite
Aspiring Poet
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Warspite wrote:Can i just say Purno - You are a god :shock:
i think you can....................

@ Lakie...........i know that you are allways helping, but i was angry don't get it run, i tried for 6 weeks when i read that Szappy is writing a programm to code abd needs stuff to test this prog............... so i asked Szappy, to test with the TGV.

Yes, you're right, a readme would be nice. Maybe i will add one.

I will change the name asap.

Return to “Graphics Development”