Graphics without .nfo files [needs coders!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

This weekend took 4 days and I don't have any internet at home so I couldn't visit the forum for 4 very long days. But I didn't sit still. I've drawn some trains. Hopefully someone can use them.

BTW:
Purno wrote:I didn't sit still
I did :mrgreen: .
Attachments
ÖBB Coach
ÖBB Coach
OBB Coach.png (1.99 KiB) Viewed 9236 times
DSB ET
DSB ET
DSB ET.png (3.52 KiB) Viewed 9236 times
SNCF BB 26000
SNCF BB 26000
SNCF BB 26000.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 9238 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Please stop drawing, Purno! You're drawing too much!!! :lol:

Bastiaan
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bastiaan wrote:Please stop drawing, Purno! You're drawing too much!!! :lol:

Bastiaan
You wouldn't like to see me stop drawing :mrgreen: .
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Ok, you're right... :? But you are taking all the work away in front of my nose! :(

Bastiaan
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Purno
I see, you like trains very much. And I like your graphics very much too :)
But could you draw some planes for the PlaneSet too :?: (some planes just need some modifications to existing ones)
Reference:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd/planes/planes.html
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy, the problem with planes is that they have many round shapes, so that they are more difficult to draw. I've token a quick look at the website you linked me to, but I don't think I can draw any aircraft.

Besides that: as you said I like trains, and that makes it more fun to draw them. I will take another more 'expanded' look at the website you linked me to, so maybe I just come up with sprites for aircraft.
Image Image
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

OK, thanks for checking it out.

Maybe try redrawing an existing one first. Some cosmetics would look good on the original sprites, that will be imported from the the original game (like the DC-3 or DC-9).
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Okey, so this may be a somewhat stupid question, but is it possible to download any of those graphics presented in the first post, and use them in TTD? :shock:

I've seen at least sign, lights, bridges and couple of trains I wouldn't mind having in my game? :D
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Drawing the graphics is only the first half of the job, they also have to be encoded into a GRF file so they can be read into the game. At the moment, this must be done manually, in hex; also, because of the way TTD orders trains, singles don't work very well.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

This is for all graphics artists:

Single Pantographs graphics!

I hope anyone can use them.
Attachments
Single Pantographs Graphics in all directions.
Single Pantographs Graphics in all directions.
SINGLE PANTOGRAPHS.png (200 Bytes) Viewed 9044 times
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy, I want to thank you for coding my fence.

Here's some Hungarian train I found at the European Railway Server. I hope you like it.
Attachments
Hungarian BDVmot EMU
Hungarian BDVmot EMU
Hungarian BDVmot.png (4.9 KiB) Viewed 8998 times
Image Image
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Well, Szappy can't thank you now, 'cause he doesn't have Internet at home, but I also thank you!!! It looks great! (In fact, it looks better than the original :D )
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I had nothing to do, so I drew another train: DSB MR

(Picture)
Attachments
DSB MR dmu
DSB MR dmu
DSB MR.png (2.32 KiB) Viewed 8949 times
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

And again, I had nothing to do. I saw a wonderfull train at the European Railway Server, so I couldn't resist drawing it.

It's from the Czech Republic: EMU 680

(Picture)
Attachments
Czech EMU 680
Czech EMU 680
Czech EMU 680.png (6.29 KiB) Viewed 8934 times
Image Image
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

That looks like a high-speed train. I didn't know the Czechs had any high-speed lines.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I would be very happy :mrgreen: if someone would code one of the following trains:

- DSB ET (Denmark)
- DBVmot (Hungary)
- DSB MR (Denmark)
- EMU 680 (Czech Republic)

:bow: plz someone plz :bow:
Image Image
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Yeah, it'd be nice...
Anyhoo: great works, Purno!!!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Endre wrote:Anyhoo: great works, Purno!!!

Next one: The DMU AR 2 railbus from Lithuania

(Picture)
Attachments
Lithuania DMU AR 2 railbus
Lithuania DMU AR 2 railbus
Lithuania_DMU AR 2 railbus.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 8890 times
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

And again a train (wow I'm fast :mrgreen: )

The Swedish Y2 DMU

(Picture)
Attachments
Swedish Y2 DMU
Swedish Y2 DMU
Swedish Y2 DMU.png (2.79 KiB) Viewed 8876 times
Image Image
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Maybe we could create a new set of these: Purnoset! :D
These are great drawings and there has already been suggested a "random"-like set.

Return to “Graphics Development”