New Monorail graphics in the make

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Well I must say Marcel is right to be pissed, George. This not the way we work around here. :evil:

Marcel did allready a lot of work on these new monorails and you just ignored him. Shame on you.
Marcel wrote:I have worked on this some time ago, but stopped because it was very frustating. It was not very easy for me to make the tracks fit to each other, and the bridges don´t looked that nice they should. So I only finished a station which I made after a screenshot from Mr. Hunt. I think it must be somewhere on my HD, maybe I will finish it someday. After all, the easiest way to get it would be by Mr. Hunt directly, it´s a pity he isn´t around here anymore.
Marcel wrote:dinges, I see that I did not have said it clearly, sorry. I have finished the station, have a look in the download topic. For some reason it is not on your site anymore. These bridges and tracks are somewhere on my HD. These are the things I had not finished yet. When I find them and these proto - tracks are usefull to anybody else than me (I don´t think so, it must be a chaos), you can have them of course. But I have no idea by what name I saved them and where.
Marcel wrote:I have found them, they are nearly done. But I still haven´t found the bridges, only a screenie. I will finish the track tiles in the next days, but I don´t want to touch these bridges again. They look very nice, but then all bridges of these types would be changed, and this is something I don´t want to have in my game. Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
Marcel wrote:There are enough bridges for everyone, so there is no problem. I´m now sure that I don´t have the bridge sprites anymore. Sorry. I only have to fix some of the connections between the tiles, then it is done. I also have some ideas for the tunnel entrances, so I would like to do them. Maybe someone of you has an idea how it is possible to keep the original bridges for the normal railroadtracks. That would be best in my eyes.
I think the obove quotes speak for themselves.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Marcel wrote:Interesting. These are bridges, aren´t they?. I have these tiles finished and someone else posts them, allthough he KNOWS I have made them. This is the kind of teamwork I prefer. Great work, George.
Don't punic :) I didn't use the tiles, you sent to me nor gif of Mr. Hunt. I just took the idea and made a photoshop script to replace brown schema of the default monorails to this gray schema (with a little painting to remove monorail footing). If you like the result, I can repaint default bridges the same way. Is it what you wanted? Or I've missunderstood you?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Rob wrote:Well I must say Marcel is right to be pissed, George. This not the way we work around here. :evil:
Marcel did allready a lot of work on these new monorails and you just ignored him. Shame on you.
I think the obove quotes speak for themselves.
I did not used the work of Marcel. I made it today myself. Marcel suggested me to draw bridges, but I could not do it without the rail. So, I quickly made a draft of rail and post it to the forum to be sure, it is ok to be used in bridges.

About the team work: no teamwork is possible without the manager, a one, who will coordinate the work of the team. I'm not ready to be the manager. Are you ready?

Will someone make rail and road crossings using the grf, I posted?
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

I didn't imply that you used his graphics.
That would nearly be impossible since they are only on his computer, except for those stations he put up here.
I was mereley saying that Marcel did a lot of work on it so far, and you two should work together.
Meaning divide the work.
You can PM eachother about wat remains to be done, and then do both the remaining sprites.
I have seen your work and it is really nice. Marcel has also done some nice things,
and when you two will work together the result may well be awesome. :P
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

First bridge
Attachments
NewMonorailW.rar
For win
(57.52 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Bridge
Bridge
SCR31.png (11.61 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

Mr hunts were better 8)
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

to better comapring

George make track ballast more diffirent and a bit darker :wink:
Attachments
sct.gif
sct.gif (120.42 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I really love the design of Mr Hunt's short bridges.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

is there anyway to use the shortbridges from mrhunts picture? is cant we sacrefice one bridgetype?
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Frustating thing these monorails. When someone really wants these bridges all have to be changed except the wooden bridge. Changing the wooden bridge is no option, it would slow down the train to much. I think I will stop working on it for a while...
Attachments
SCR9.png
SCR9.png (45.82 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Accelerate wooden bridge (TTDAlter) and upload the .tdf with it!
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Could be an idea...
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

These new monorails are really nice! Keep up the good work guys! :D
<!-- End Of Post !-->
top_cat19
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by top_cat19 »

Same here, really good, keep up with the great work. :mrgreen:
Currently Playing: Image
My forums: My Forums
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

George wrote:First bridge
I really like this - the ballast looks nicer than in Mr. Hunts IMO. Keep up the good work, all of you :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Raichase wrote:
George wrote:First bridge
I really like this - the ballast looks nicer than in Mr. Hunts IMO. Keep up the good work, all of you :))
I like Mr. Hunt's design more than mine. So, let us deside, what will we do with this monorails.

2 Marcel. Why are you keeping silence? And, about your picture, did you start working on bridges? Why didn't you answer my message?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Perhaps we should have a poll. I think the darker, more uniform colour one looks more like the concrete/cement that I assume Mr. Hunt intended it to represent.

Regardless, I like both of them, so I am not fussed either way :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Why to make a poll, we have now both designs, so you can add the one to the game you like most.

@ George: I only made this one bridge, only in this direction. I wanted to figure out which bridges are affected by the change, and which tiles belong to which bridge. I could paint numbers on the tiles, but this brigde was so fast painted that I choose this way. I also have thought about Prof. Fink idea, but it is "cheating" for me. So let all bridges have a complete new design. I hope you have some nice ideas, George :wink: .
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Hmm...

I just started changing the bridge graphics, but now I'm left with a stupid bridge cover just sitting there in mid-air. I can't find this sprite in the newmonorailw.grf file... Where is it?
<!-- End Of Post !-->
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Prof. Frink wrote:Accelerate wooden bridge (TTDAlter) and upload the .tdf with it!
Although I'll have to create a small 'Repair TDF' tool otherwise it'd corrupt your version of TTD if it was different to anyone else's. Either that, or modify it with every version of TTD, and upload 13 TDF files (less if you don't want to include various demos or Japanese versions ). TTDAlter 4.1, which I really hope will be out soon, has this fixed.

Return to “Graphics Development”