[Big Project][32bpp] BrickLand Climate

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i made a preview of the stages of bulldozed tiles, i need to think about the stage in the square, which should be an average color or a mix between the one below and the one above

(and before somebody ask, yes, that is my canvas, you can notice it from the palette with the markers at the bottom right of every stage :P)
Attachments
terrain_tiles_beta.png
terrain_tiles_beta.png (22.54 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Also consider this solution (shading is not correct/quick-dirty work).
A pity we cannot have more stages 'cause this approach requires more. And I believe terrain deserves them.
Attachments
bulldozed_tiles_stages.png
bulldozed_tiles_stages.png (1.04 KiB) Viewed 4645 times
full_stages.png
full_stages.png (2.89 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

that looks awesome! its a shame there arnt that many stages :(
would be good for farmland...
SyncViews
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SyncViews »

if the grafics have that many stages it is quite likly for someone to add support for them. Dramaticly more so than "in the distant future someone might want more stages so i'm going to spend my week adding the support"
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

looking at these graphics i think there is a lot more potential for full use of 32bpp colour, see attachments.
Attachments
Brickland Grass 3.png
Brickland Grass 3.png (1.14 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
Brickland Grass 2.png
Brickland Grass 2.png (961 Bytes) Viewed 4427 times
Brickland Grass 1.png
Brickland Grass 1.png (813 Bytes) Viewed 4429 times
Nickman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nickman »

Zephyris wrote:looking at these graphics i think there is a lot more potential for full use of 32bpp colour, see attachments.
Those also look quite nice!.
Maybe you guys could team up ;).
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Zephyris: Your shading is very nice. (Only make them more dark - like Wolf's last post.) I think you can help a lot Wolf doing the shading as he asked some assistance on this. Finally it is not easy job to make Lego tiles and it is amazing Wolf succeded with the slopes. I wouldn't even dare try.
SyncViews: I believe this a problem that has to be fixed not only for tiles but other things too (e. g. buildings). We desperately need more stages and variation as I 've already said.
Last edited by athanasios on 02 Jul 2007 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Yeah, completely stole the idea for how to do the slopes :)

edit: attached the 'template' bricks used to make these gfx. the one second to right is semi-transparent: window style...
Attachments
Bricks.png
Bricks.png (2.52 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
Last edited by Zephyris on 02 Jul 2007 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Ooops, didn't notice you are online. I 'll leave this thread now to check others.
Nice surfing in the forums.

Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Ive got completely sucked into this! Using just the template bricks i posted above it is very simple to created buildings and terrain (see attachment). Do you think it would be worth making a graphical "lego set" so anyone can design and construct buildings?
Attachments
Brickland Ideas.zip
(38.85 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Zephyris: very nice, bricks.png is bang on. Making all the separate bricks so that anybody can build up models from them would be very helpful I think.
Ben
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Zephyris: very nice, bricks.png is bang on. Making all the separate bricks so that anybody can build up models from them would be very helpful I think.
Correct, now someone should make a little program that will help one place and remove pieces more easily than in your average paint program.... Maybe when I get back from vacation!
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Zephyris - Those pics in the zip file are great!! 8)
Nickman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nickman »

boekabart wrote:
Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Zephyris: very nice, bricks.png is bang on. Making all the separate bricks so that anybody can build up models from them would be very helpful I think.
Correct, now someone should make a little program that will help one place and remove pieces more easily than in your average paint program.... Maybe when I get back from vacation!
I might take a look at it, just have to figure out some more picture drawing stuff since I havn't done that yet :). (I will probably make it in Java)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Is there any plan (Wolf01) for vehicles in this scheme? With this size of bricks (16px wide, 8px deep, 4px tall) each wagon/truck is approx 1x2x2 bricks, not much room for detail! I think you could fit sufficient detail in with half size bricks (2x4x4 bricks) to keep vehicles identifiable while keeping the bricky look. Would it make sense to scale the bricks in buildings etc to match this? Much more detail would be possible...
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

you should think about the terrain as a Duplo plate, so each stud is 2x2 ( http://www.freelug.org/IMG/cache-477x269/sd-477x269.jpg ), looking at this image: http://www.tt-forums.net//files/screenshot_772.png you can see how the road uses the 2 central studs and a little of the side studs, which mean 1-3-3-1 where the ones are the pavements and the 3 are the max vehicle's width all in studs

we may use 1stud=4x4 instead, so the vehicles are way more detailed
about the houses instead i really like your ones, and maybe we can continue with them, if we don't need more detail ;)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I did not know you could do that with lego/duplo! Sounds like a good plan, and if the need ever arose for more detail then the duplo scale buildings/terrain could be decorated with lego scale blocks. Ill make a set of bricks in that scale too then :D
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

thank you, your is an appreciated help :)
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

boekabart wrote:Correct, now someone should make a little program that will help one place and remove pieces more easily than in your average paint program...
At your service: http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm
Chicago Rail Authority
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Chicago Rail Authority »

Wow... that is a cool program :).

Did you make that yourself?
Many thanks to those who make OTTD and TTDP possible.

Return to “Graphics Development”