Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

astath wrote:and purno, if you look closely it's not just mirrored, yet the differences between the views are quite minor. yet noticable.
ah ok, but the sides of the platform itself are shaded wrong because of mirroring.

Looks very nice indeed! Keep on drawing!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Allright i have adjusted the platforms some more. I would like some comments on them.
Attachments
Double platforms.PNG
Double platforms.PNG (20.79 KiB) Viewed 9030 times
Single platforms.PNG
Single platforms.PNG (21.05 KiB) Viewed 9029 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Whoa, that looks very promising!

I like it very much! Please continue!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Yes, it looks very nice so far.
Should be interesting to see this progress.

Just wondering are you going to make custom ground tiles for some of them, such as the crossings?

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Nice! Nice! Nice! :D
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Yes i will try and create crossings as well... For now, i was thinking to use these platforms as base set for the Dutch Station Set. Of course we can have each platform with various equipment such as timetables etc. Also we could try and portray waiting people on in a later stadium. Please give me comments and critics on the way i draw the platforms. Where is improvement needed which platforms do not look yet that well, what kind of platforms do we all want?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Caelan wrote:Yes i will try and create crossings as well...
Those platforms are looking very good ...

When you do make crossings, make sure you do not include the actual track in your sprites, otherwise they will not work with all the different track systems out there, but you need to be mindful how the crossing is to look with the various track systems.

Those large station roofs, are they going to have windows ? If, yes, all the glass panes will need to be in a seperate sprite, so that they can be drawn 'transparent'.

You may also want to look at a snowy version of the set, although in your neck of the woods, snow may be rare; but your station set may see use in other parts of the world as well and not just the Netherlands. So that means, every sprite needs a snowy variant.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Caelan wrote:Yes i will try and create crossings as well...
You don't mean railroad crossing, do you? Because those are already drawn :))
For now, i was thinking to use these platforms as base set for the Dutch Station Set. Of course we can have each platform with various equipment such as timetables etc. Also we could try and portray waiting people on in a later stadium. Please give me comments and critics on the way i draw the platforms. Where is improvement needed which platforms do not look yet that well, what kind of platforms do we all want?
Whoohoo, I want as much as possible, I like to be able to choose loads of platforms which all fit together (like MB's station set). :))
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I created a page for the Dutch Stationset on the website of the Dutch Trainset, Caelan. Feel free to expand it or ask me if you got no clue how to expand it.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I have now created a list of stations i am going to draw. This will take a while but in time we will have a few stations. The main thing i would like to see is that the stations only have one platform where a train stops not two (like in real life in holland) For this I need some advice from coders. Also when i am done with some of the stations i would like to create a prerelease (looking for a coder there, Aegir?)

Anyway you can find the stations at the dutch trainset site.
Possibly with pictures along in a while
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Caelan wrote:I have now created a list of stations i am going to draw. This will take a while but in time we will have a few stations. The main thing i would like to see is that the stations only have one platform where a train stops not two (like in real life in holland) For this I need some advice from coders. Also when i am done with some of the stations i would like to create a prerelease (looking for a coder there, Aegir?)
TBH, I'd prefer the way MB handles it. But I'd suggest making it an option within the GRF.
Anyway you can find the stations at the dutch trainset site.
Possibly with pictures along in a while
Is it correct there isn't a list at the webbie yet?
Image Image
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

the stations are quite pretty. Is there a grf somewhere?
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Not no yet, the stations need to be coded still. Soon there will be a couple available when we have coded a couple of them.
nguwland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nguwland »

Is it perhaps possible to draw some bus stations in Dutch style? If you can give me the requirements a bus station must meet, i can try to draw one. Also i created some busstop poles, I dont't know if they can be useful?

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Not sure if bus stops have their own graphics. I can remember a patchdev (patchman or Oskar, I forgot) wanted to use standard TT-graphics for something (correct me if I'm wrong).

However, the bus station would have it's own graphics :)

one small thing tho; The signs of bus stops are yellow at both the front and the rear, and usually there's a little sign underneath it which contains the time table.

Nice looking detail tho! :D
Image Image
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

It certainly looks promising, perhaps you can draw some waiting cabins over the years as well. That is, if that is possible in the game to have more then one type of busstop. I like it that you are working on a bus set. Maybe it all comes together, the DUTCH trainset, stationset, buildingset and busset... I am very curious what it all may bring us!
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Well i tried to show you a bit what it will look like... All comments are welcome...

Duly noted that there are some glitches. Would like comments on the whole, building, platforms and platforms.
Attachments
Fake AmsterdamCS.PNG
Fake AmsterdamCS.PNG (27.7 KiB) Viewed 8196 times
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Would like comments on the whole, building, platforms and platforms.
Uuuuhm... I personally would say that the contrast ist a little bit extreme: The very very bright station building versus the very very dark hall.
It's the same thing with the platforms: Being accustomed to the bright (and some times toy-like) colors of TTD it just looks odd with these dark-grey platforms.

To make it short: The shapes are great :), but the textures need some work IMO.
Like sun is to the dark soil,
so is true enlightenment to the soil's friends.

N.F.S. Grundtvig
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

So the building should be a little less bright, while the platforms and the hall should be brighter and a bit lighter on color?
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Caelan wrote:So the building should be a little less bright, while the platforms and the hall should be brighter and a bit lighter on color?
If you want to make your graphics TTD style, I would say yes.

But if you and others want to make this set to have its own style (e.g. generally darker graphics), I would suggest to make only the station darker and a little bit "dirty".
Like sun is to the dark soil,
so is true enlightenment to the soil's friends.

N.F.S. Grundtvig

Return to “Graphics Development”