Serbian road vehicles - Tram set completed!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CharlieMTA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CharlieMTA »

Background

CAT BusThe sole business of North American Bus Industries, Inc. ("NABI, Inc.") is the sale, assembly and post-delivery support of a full range of heavy-duty diesel, compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) powered, standard-floor and low-floor transit buses, including 60' articulated versions.

NABI, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of NABI Rt., which was incorporated in Hungary in 1992. The majority of NABI Rt. is owned by the First Hungary Fund, Ltd., a $125 million venture capital fund incorporated in Jersey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom. It invests private capital in business enterprises involving Hungarian industries.

NABI Rt. owns a 21-acre bus body manufacturing facility in Budapest, Hungary, which includes approximately 279,000 square feet of covered production, storage and office buildings. The NABI Rt. facility is certified and registered as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001 quality control standards, and provide research, development, engineering and other technical services for buses that undergo final assembly by its subsidiary, NABI, Inc. In addition, the Budapest facility is certified and registered as meeting the requirements of the ISO 14001 environmental management standard.

NABI, Inc.'s headquarters and manufacturing facilities are in Anniston, AL. These facilities include two bus assembly plants, offices and a research and development center consisting of approximately 242,200 square feet, plus related tools and equipment on a 35.8-acre site. This facility receives bodies from NABI, Rt. and provides the final assembly processes using standard American mechanical components in compliance with the requirements of applicable "Buy America" regulations.

The two manufacturing and engineering facilities are dedicated to the production of purpose-designed transit vehicles specifically configured only for the North American marketplace.
So it looks like NABI is associated with the Hungarian factory.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Two trams added to set. They have trailers too, but articulated RVs are not possible (yet?). Prices are corrected due to George's proposition. Enjoy!
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Sorry for double post, but I need help with Eastern European letters coding. Is it possible to put them in GRF? If yes, with which codes? I tried to save NFO as unicode, but when I tried to encode GRF, I got error "header is missing". I used GRF Wizard. Maybe sentence from command prompt? Thanx!
Attachments
EEletters.png
EEletters.png (1 KiB) Viewed 9973 times
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Yes, it is now possible to do that. First you need to add the glyphs (font characters) to the grf with action 12. GRFMaker probably doesn't support that (yet), so you'll have to do it by hand though.

Then you also have to encode all texts that make use of them using UTF-8 as described here.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

New taster version...
1. Djuro Djakovic 101 is changed in its original Belgrade green livery, and its graphics is a little improved.
2. Added original names (in their native languages) for Djuro Djakovic and CKD (I think it's first set with that option :wink: ). So, you need TTDPatch 2.5 beta 1 to play with this GRF.
Enjoy!
More trams (DueWag BOGESTRA, famous trams with doors on both sides) coming soon... :D
Last edited by Wile E. Coyote on 08 Mar 2006 06:09, edited 4 times in total.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Image
Looks quite a lot like a font called "Comic Sans MS", TBH.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Yes, but it was just example how letters look like, here are glyphs:

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

New taster version (as usual, in first post)...
Added famous DueWag BoGeStra trams with doors on both sides (articulated TW40 and unarticulated TW620). Now taster contains 7 trams. 3 more to do, but I have no data...
Enjoy! :D

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

As per request I'm handling over the Crash log concerning the Serbian Trams, (srvttw_616.grf). I can reach the start-up screen, but as soon as I load a game it'll crash immediately!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

This is indeed due to the unicode support. Can you start a new game though? Does it happen for all savegames?

It seems to be related to drawing a string having non-ASCII characters that isn't drawn using the correct unicode aware function, and so crashes.

If it happens even when you start a new game, please post your newgrfw.cfg and ttdpatch.cfg, and if it happens with only certain savegames please post one of them as well.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Let me check right away!

EDIT;

Well, it seems I can start a new game with the Serbian trams loaded, but I'm unable to load a previous game. It should be noted that I only have one saved game left since the time before my absence from this community - which would be a little more than a year ago. However, I'm also unable to load a new game using a pre-made scenario, none of them played before, but created no later than October 2004 - which would refer to the patch available at that time.

Not sure what files you need, but I've attached the crashlogs so far along with the saved game I cannot play. Need anything else?
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

And here are the other files in case you need them!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Patchman wrote:It seems to be related to drawing a string having non-ASCII characters that isn't drawn using the correct unicode aware function, and so crashes.
If I understood good, it seems you cannot continue your saved game with old taster (without UTF support) with new taster (with UTF support)? If yes, is it sollution?

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Well, not until I fix this bug anyway.
Josef Drexler

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

New taster version...
Now font glyphs are compatible with Andres Zsogon's new fonts! You have native letters with both original and new font!
Enjoy! :D

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

whilie i got the newsounds working but not the glyphs. ive also attatched the dos version. heres the screenie.
Attachments
serbiarv.grf
(72.79 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
SCR84.png
SCR84.png (76.47 KiB) Viewed 8474 times
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Hmm... I tried once to convert GRD to GRF from DOS to WIN (I can't remember exactly, it was couple years ago), and I also had problem with letters. Are letters for WIN and DOS palette same (noob question, I know)? Maybe in that case you can't change letters together with other graphics. In that case, letter GRF with letters is necessery. Hope Minime is close to finish GRF with EE letters.
And for temporary use, I must make DOS GRF by hand.
/me puts it in TODO list

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Are letters for WIN and DOS palette same?
AIUI, they are. Or, more accurately, they're the same palette entries, which map to completely different colors in the DOS and Win palettes.
Wile E. Coyote wrote:Maybe in that case you can't change letters together with other graphics.
Sure you can. You just have to cast some magic incantations to ensure that only the correct sprites get remapped.

But in any case:
wiki://Action12 wrote:If any .grf file containing an action 12 is loaded (even if it is inactive), TTDPatch is put into UTF-8 mode. This changes how character input is processed and how custom strings are stored in the savegame (they are converted to UTF-8 encoding). It is not possible to prevent this, and because of possible bugs in UTF-8 mode it is therefore preferable to put all font glyphs in separate .grf files to allow them to not be loaded in the case of problems.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

DaleStan wrote:
Wile E. Coyote wrote:Are letters for WIN and DOS palette same?
AIUI, they are. Or, more accurately, they're the same palette entries, which map to completely different colors in the DOS and Win palettes.
Yeah, I mean that, but my bad English... :(
DaleStan wrote:
Wile E. Coyote wrote:Maybe in that case you can't change letters together with other graphics.
Sure you can. You just have to cast some magic incantations to ensure that only the correct sprites get remapped.
I was affraid of that. It will make converter code more complicated (but it's OT now).
wiki://Action12 wrote:://Action12"]If any .grf file containing an action 12 is loaded (even if it is inactive), TTDPatch is put into UTF-8 mode. This changes how character input is processed and how custom strings are stored in the savegame (they are converted to UTF-8 encoding). It is not possible to prevent this, and because of possible bugs in UTF-8 mode it is therefore preferable to put all font glyphs in separate .grf files to allow them to not be loaded in the case of problems.
Yeah, right as I thought.

Anyway, thanx for explanations! :D
As I say, I obviously must make DOS grf by hand ATM.

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:As I say, I obviously must make DOS grf by hand ATM.
Font glyphs do not have to be converted (or rather, must not be). This is another reason to put them in a separate file; this file can then be used in both DOS and Windows without any changes or conversion.

Alternatively, you could
- encode Win grf
- copy Win grf to DOS grf
- decode DOS grf with palette conversion Win->DOS
- change font glyph sprites to use the Win PCX
- encode DOS grf
Josef Drexler

Return to “Graphics Development”