New Industries for TTDPatch

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

It happens in some Random maps too. Akalamanaia had a screenshot of it in the screenshots thread.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

hmm..
i cant find the new industrys switch :?
im serious, where is it?
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Here of course. :wink:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

ah, apologisse.
i didnt have the latest TTDX config. :wink:
Sorry about that, my bad :P
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Update on the packing plant, made it larger and added some details and texture. More details coming before I hack it up, comments welcomed.
Attachments
Meat Packing Plant - In Progress
Meat Packing Plant - In Progress
PackingPlant.png (13.97 KiB) Viewed 8449 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

That looks nice, Dan! Perhaps you should choose a lighter colour for the roof, it looks like a dull plain now.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I believe I've mentioned this before, but the industry doesn't always have to be the same shape/size. You can have one version that's 3x3, another that's 3x4, another that's 2x4, ... They don't have to be rectangles either, nor do they even have to be contiguous. Obviously, this is more work, but I think it'll look nicer to have some variation.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
hanzalik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hanzalik »

looool, it looks really good!! :D

Born Acorn - are you going to plan other industries?
!! KILL THE BEAVER -> YOU´LL SAVE THE TREE !!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Well I already have a tonne of drawn industries, but need new patch features - like newcargos for them to work.
hanzalik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hanzalik »

Born Acorn wrote:Well I already have a tonne of drawn industries, but need new patch features - like newcargos for them to work.
Ok... and is possible to see some of your drawn and not yet published industries? I think many of us will want to see it :D
!! KILL THE BEAVER -> YOU´LL SAVE THE TREE !!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Nice plant you've got there, Dan. I think a little shading on the roof would be cool. Not, like, gravelly, assuming it's a tar roof. Instead, some bumps and shading to make it look a little uneven. The windows, might be a little :shock: , bright, also. BTW: love the new signature.

The industrial patches, I think, have been in order for some time now. I can't wait to get rid of the fugly, unreal original industries, and make them look like honest-to-goodness factories. Saw that Patchman added a variable that will allow industries to change over time, too. This could be some really fun stuff.
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Oz wrote:Nice plant you've got there, Dan. I think a little shading on the roof would be cool. Not, like, gravelly, assuming it's a tar roof. Instead, some bumps and shading to make it look a little uneven. The windows, might be a little :shock: , bright, also. BTW: love the new signature.

The industrial patches, I think, have been in order for some time now. I can't wait to get rid of the fugly, unreal original industries, and make them look like honest-to-goodness factories. Saw that Patchman added a variable that will allow industries to change over time, too. This could be some really fun stuff.
Gotta re-do that Steel mill to look like your awesome stell mill stations. :wink:
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Well, all I textured were the walls and the pavement =>Haven't made it to the roof yet :D
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

DanMacK, great graphics, maybe smaller windows ?
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Well, A LOT of older factories had large windows, so this is accurate for a 1920's era slaughterhouse. As I said however, it is a work in Progress.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DanMacK wrote:Update on the packing plant, made it larger and added some details and texture. More details coming before I hack it up, comments welcomed.
That looks awesome:!:

But what about adding some company color to it? (just an idea)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Alek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alek »

Company color, yeah how about we can buy industries, like in RRT2,3 ?
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

Alek wrote:Company color, yeah how about we can buy industries, like in RRT2,3 ?
you want it you code it
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

Alek wrote:Company color, yeah how about we can buy industries, like in RRT2,3 ?
I don't think that's what Purno meant. All the original TTD industries have some parts painted in player color, except for the mines and the power plant. That's why some factories have a green roof, some have a blue roof and some have a red roof ;) :)
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.

Return to “Graphics Development”