New South Wales Rail Set[Testers Needed!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you support the changing of the set to NSWGR? See Post.

Yes
68%
No
9%
Uncertain
23%

Total votes: 94

ttdx_artist
Banned Troll

Post by ttdx_artist »

haha... coalroads: i see you've got the "forest vehicles" graphic, that is if you are going with your original idea of the quarry replacing the forest? and QRIG stand for Queensland Rail Interest Group, which, no offence QRIG (each to your own), isn't interesting... hahaha JK :roll: lately i've been playing Loco A LOT, and i went back to TTD for 5 minutes today, and I couldn't believe that I used to enjoy that, it got so boring so quick, the only fun thing about TTD now for me is drawing...hahaha, and even now i am challenging myself with Loco graphics, damn they're hard!
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Hmmmm. I dont see much progress happening. We can't let the ausset die!
Formerly known as Lachie
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Well, we can let it die, but we would have failed... Thats all bad. I'm tempted to learn to code, but not enough free time. I can't draw to save myself, but coding might be worth a look at...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

As I've mentioned before, I can code, but the tracking table only has one engine marked as finished, and no rolling stock at all.

Until we have a full (or nearly full) tracking table (116 rail vehicles--engines and rolling stock) coding will likely be an exercise in futility. They don't have to be drawn, but there are only 65 vehicles listed.

@WHI: You can have at most about 100 engines. It is a good idea to spread their introduction dates across the play period of 1920-2040. Having trains introduced before 1920, or multiple trains introduced per year will cause you to run out of slots way too fast.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Personally, I don't think we really need to do all the states at once - that would be strange, having trains from two different companies sharing a network. Except with the NSW/QLD lines, most companies stick to their own states.

Personally, I'm voting for NSW or QLD as the rail states, one or the other, or perhaps both. Although other states too would be nice, I think it would get confusing - it would be like trying to make a DB Set and a French set into one set... You would have the same types of locomotives competing for a spot in the list...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
ttdx_artist
Banned Troll

Post by ttdx_artist »

hmmm... well it seems that nobody has any interest in this set anymore, seeing as the only active drawers were coalroads and myself, but coalroads is too busy, and i will only draw on request now, and seeing as nobody has requested anything, i am thinking that nobody wants the set... it doesn't bother me because i don't play TTD anymore, but if you want this set, make a request
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I request the streamlined steam locos with their matching cars, and the Garratt.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

i want to see this set done actually..
ajy170
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ajy170 »

It will never happen by the looks of i :( Australians once again miss out on having there own set :cry: :cry:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

ajy170 wrote:Australians once again miss out on having there own set :cry: :cry:
Thats only due to a lack of artists and a lack of organisation... I would organise it, but don't have time...
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Raichase wrote:Thats only due to a lack of artists ...
Thats due the lack of pictures :wink:

(I'm lazy)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

OK. I shall find you some photos of a locomotive.
Formerly known as Lachie
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Well, really, the first and main priority should be the tracking table - the list of the locomotives. People can't just draw something 'cause they can (although I do like Purno's work, so here's hoping he will stay :D), we need to figure out what trains will fit in where...

Now, I don't know much about NSW steam, but I know a little about the more modern trains that are floating around today. Deadset though guys, we need to know what needs to be drawn, what states we are focusing on, etc.
ImageImage
jabberwalkee_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by jabberwalkee_ »

Ok.....stop worrying bout it. Just keep making the occasional post and this thread (and therefore the set) wont die. Maybe when a few of the other projects are finished all the people who say im too busy wont be busy anymore.

Geez.....dont get all apocalyptic yet.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The Japan set is pretty close to being finished, although there aren't that many people working on it and I don't know who might be interested also in Australia. But Raichase is right, you ABSOLUTELY MUST get the tracking table finished FIRST in order to attract artists. Artists don't like to do their own research, especially when nobody knows the first thing about Aussie equipment. But it doesn't take any drawing skill to do the tracking table, just a little HTML (which you've already got) and some Googling, and some knowledge of Oz trains.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I've totally reworked the list, and ive asked mdhowe to update his tracking table. I'm not ready to post the list yet though.
Meanwhile, I'm revisiting graphics art to have a little go at it.
Formerly known as Lachie
Flavius
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Flavius »

Hi Raichase

Really i think Queensland would be easier to do. The freight trains would be similar between the 2 states, but the suburban trainsets are very different.
Sydney's electric suburban passenger trains are unique, and imagine doing a NSW set without a Sydney Harbour Bridge :!:
Last edited by Flavius on 12 Dec 2004 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Rollo wrote:imagine doing a NSW set without a Sydney Harbour Bridge :!:
So, draw a Sydney Harbor Bridge! Nothing's stopping you.

Actually, that's an idea for the US set, we should have the Brooklyn Bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge, etc. The BR set can have the Firth of Forth bridge and so on.
Flavius
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Flavius »

Thank you krtaylor.
Whilst i think of it , was there a Mikado done for the USA Set :?: Because during the Second World War , Australia was given many of these locomotives including Queensland.
There is one in a local park near me.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, there's one in the US set. I think it was drawn by DanMacK, you can ask him to borrow it for your set.

Return to “Graphics Development”