underground station

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Stevie D
Engineer
Engineer

Re: underground station

Post by Stevie D »

A good way to imitate underground railways is with trams. Because trams don't need signalling, and each tram stop is only one tile, they don't need anywhere near as much space as a proper railway.

See attached screenshots for a quick mock-up - with the new enhanced tunnels where you can build over the top of the entrance (does this apply to town buildings as well as roads and railways?) it would be even better, but I haven't got round to that one yet...
Screenshot of underground trams
Screenshot of underground trams
undergroundtrams.png (128.41 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Same town but with transparent buildings so you can see what's going on
Same town but with transparent buildings so you can see what's going on
transparentbuildings.png (113.51 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
Screenshot with transparent buildings shows a bug and raises a question...

- With transparent buildings on, a tram stop is shown as a road tile with no tramtracks on. But other tram tracks display as normal.

- What are the bed and walking man icons on transparent view on a couple of buildings?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Enhanced tunnels only allows railway tracks to be built above tunnel entrances currently.

The bed and man symbols are, I believe, to indicate tourist attractions associated with the ECS tourist vector and appear in TTRS.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

I like that idea of using trams to avoid the need for signals. I often build undergrounds for my trains. The station is an issue though as there are station sets for railways that provide a drive through station building. Unfortunately we are limited as what is available for trams and buses.
Stevie D wrote:- What are the bed and walking man icons on transparent view on a couple of buildings?
Amecheer is correct ... they are a part of the ECS tourist industries. The bed indicates a hotel and the man indicates a statue.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

But of course it is possible to create some graphics for metro's (with the appropriate statistics) and have them drive on tram tracks... Then we approach the subway system slightly. We can also create graphics for tram stations that look like metro stations ... I made a real quick mock up, nothing special and funky but to give an idea:
mock up simple subway.PNG
mock up simple subway.PNG (7.82 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

Return to “Suggestions”