Attachment download counters not counting?

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Attachment download counters not counting?

Post by Purno »

So I posted some pictures as attachments yesterday and noticed today they still weren't downloaded, even though the topic got a reply. So I tried it myself and downloaded one of the attachments. It still says "not downloaded yet", while I remember it'd always count if you'd download your own attachments.

Something bugged here? :P

EDIT: Logged out, downloaded as guest, did a hard-refresh (Ctrl+F5) and still getting the same result.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Attachment download counters not counting?

Post by orudge »

This is an ancient bug, yes. I think it's a phpBB problem. It only seems to apply to images displayed inline.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

These images aren't displayed inline. Not for me, anyways.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I think what happens that if they're "saved" it counts as a download, if they're just viewed, it doesn't.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

47 407 wrote:I think what happens that if they're "saved" it counts as a download, if they're just viewed, it doesn't.
Isn't viewing basically the same as downloading it to a temporary location? In both cases, the data is being transferred from server to client, isn't it? I'm no expert here, so just checking and keeping my knowledge up to date a bit xD
Image Image
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

47 407 wrote:I think what happens that if they're "saved" it counts as a download, if they're just viewed, it doesn't.
It can't be that as I "viewed" the first and last pictures and "Saved As ..." the middle picture. None have had their counts go up.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Sorry, it's the opposite - images that aren't viewed inline don't seem to increment.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”