Problem with TTDP Problems

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Problem with TTDP Problems

Post by Nawdic »

Afternoon all,
Dunno if this affects everyone but on my browser (Opera Mini) TTDP Problems is showing No Posts Found on the Last Posts bar on the main homepage, when trhere are clearly many thousands of posts in the forum?!
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem with TTDP Problems

Post by orudge »

Yes. Somebody needs to post a new message, and it should fix itself. The problem appears to be that the last topic in there is a moved topic, and that seems to be confusing it. (I guess nobody has had any problems with TTDPatch recently, though.)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Considering the last post there dates 7 November 2011, do we still need that forum? The suggestions forum has last post at 10 November, and only the General TTD Patch forum still seems to have any life in it.

Perhaps a silly suggestion, but can't those forums be combined? I wonder if the activity in the TTDPatch forums still require it to have its own category, instead of being categorized under "Other Projects and Games".

*hides quickly*, as this is probably a sensitive subject :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

We're not going to combine existing forums, no, that would just be messy. TTDPatch was already moved down in the listings... it could perhaps be moved further, but for the moment I'll leave it where it is.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:We're not going to combine existing forums, no, that would just be messy.
I don't want to push anything, but perhaps subforums are a nice solution to shrinking the index without making things too messy?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

How about locking the TTDP Suggestions forum? Since TTDP is no longer being developed, there's no need for people to be suggesting new features.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Again, I don't see the need to lock it - if people don't post in it, that's fine, doesn't mean it needs a lock though. Potentially TTDPatch could still be developed, too, although at present that looks unlikely.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Just a thought. I was only thinking of avoiding unnecessary posts and discussions.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”