The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Redirect Left »

I actually think my Irn Bru might have been healthier.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

You guys are lame, I drink blackcurrant juice by the gallons over here. Every. Single. God's. Day.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:I have drunk 7 litres of Irn Bru in the last 5 days.
I drank at least 7 litres of Alcohol in the last 7-8 hours... do I win?
7,000 UK units? What a hero.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pilot wrote:
Have you felt the need of going to the bathroom soon after ? That's way beyond the overdone 2 liters of liquid consumption requirement a day :lol:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I have been very much a water-drinking person lately. Hmm. Maybe I should get some juice for a change ... oh, and more coffee. Can't go wrong with coffee.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

YNM wrote:
Pilot wrote:
Have you felt the need of going to the bathroom soon after ? That's way beyond the overdone 2 liters of liquid consumption requirement a day :lol:
Oh, I certainly did feel the need to go to the bathroom! :mrgreen:
Pyoro wrote:Can't go wrong with coffee.
I see that you are a very smart person!
YNM wrote:what's up with the spam ?
The Spam? Oh, it keeps getting eaten, and isn't very happy about it! Oh... what's that? Not the food spam but internet spam? Oh, okay, I don't know then! :P

EDIT - Also, you have now heard from me 7,000 times on these forums, you lucky people! :mrgreen:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

There is a lot of spam lately, yeah. Please donate beer money to me so that I can be bothered continuing to clear it out :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:There is a lot of spam lately, yeah. Please donate beer money to me so that I can be bothered continuing to clear it out :mrgreen:
Can I buy you a beer in England? From what you've told me, Swedish beer is expensive!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I would consider coming to the meet if I drink for free, yes.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

"Let's try modding Oblivion." he said. "What could go wrong?" he said.

Eight hours later...
Attachments
01.png
(271.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
02.png
(312.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Spent the last few days in Glasgow watching the new series of Robot Wars being filmed. No idea how the hosts do them long hours, we were there 12 hours for one day of filming.
We were also lucky enugh to see the final match of the series (no spoilers, don't worry!). I'm currently in the middle of building a bot with someone from a team who have been on the show before 4 times, so hopefully next series I'll be there as a participant and not the audience!

On route home, passed by a pound shop, was served by a very polite Sikh gentleman with a turban on and what not, with a flawless Glaswegian accent, which really for some reaason i found amazing, certainly not the voice I expected out of him!

The below images do not contain any spoilers.
Attachments
acMiicfu4rBkO1Hzsw_NIrnRsIH9mz_DAmtdHcOdvYnScQvmgAbC86_qynJX.jpg
Preparing the arena at the start of the day
(230.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
yay, Robot Wars!
yay, Robot Wars!
oUcFv_EursOfZBF_ZRQkX3CVk5059y5hgRnrjyHGZenCI8rnYMMIBuSZGHpy.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 457 times
eXWFBiP-dPr_LPaz6682znRkBoxjMWg8x5fN1SWW3CajDj-ZnBQJttQFFTAM.jpg
Rolling out the house robot everyone loves, Sir Killalot!
(104.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Been trying to access a system since 0830 this morning. 2 and a half hours later, still not in, I hate computers! :evil:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Pilot wrote:Been trying to access a system since 0830 this morning. 2 and a half hours later, still not in, I hate computers! :evil:
TPS?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Pilot wrote:Been trying to access a system since 0830 this morning. 2 and a half hours later, still not in, I hate computers! :evil:
Computers can actually detect hateful feelings from the user, and when it does, it stops functioning properly in the eyes of the user. This is correct functioning, present in all systems, as it is simply returning the same feelings.

Since a short time it can also detect sadness, and when that is detected, it executes WannaCry, giving you an additional reason to be sad.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Ameecher wrote:
TPS?
PPS, trying to access it via the External gateway didn't work at all yesterday. Rang the IT helpdesk a couple of times and it reeled off a long list of all the problems they were having yesterday, so I'm sure they were having a fun day!
Transportman wrote:
Computers can actually detect hateful feelings from the user, and when it does, it stops functioning properly in the eyes of the user. This is correct functioning, present in all systems, as it is simply returning the same feelings.

Since a short time it can also detect sadness, and when that is detected, it executes WannaCry, giving you an additional reason to be sad.
If that was true, no computer would ever work for me! :mrgreen:
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Pilot wrote:
Transportman wrote:

If that was true, no computer would ever work for me! :mrgreen:
Those are actually malfunctioning and should be fixed before they become complete pacifists and try to take over the world with their message of peace and love.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Booking.com, please, stop sending me emails saying I could go to such and such a place. You're making me want to go, and I can't afford to! :cry:

Also, stop telling me that it's a Tough Choice between Accrington, Barcelona and Berlin! It's a simple answer, go to Accrington! Who doesn't want to go there? :lol:
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I have the same thing but it's either Croydon or Hokkaido... tough choice.

I am currently trying to figure out if I can do another trip to Japan before my partner moves out to Malawi (for 2 years) to do his PhD. All the emails from the companies I booked on my last trip have definitely been swaying me towards yes - damn you Peach Aviation and Vanilla Air! Yes I do want cheap flights to Sendai and Hakodate! Yes - I do want to stay in a beautiful ryokan and enjoy an onsen (or 50)... goodbye savings!
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

Pilot, you can unsubscribe the newsletter of booking.com whenever you want (every newsletter has an unsubscribe button in the bottoms)
And, as an East-European man, you the West-Europeans, much reacher than us, you still cannot afford some holidays :lol: :lol: :lol: ???

This is all my homework for maths...
1496154707157-426261783.jpg
(2.92 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Fortunately my grades at all the classes are really good (only A's or 10, our original)
ⒶALEX
My screenshots (OpenTTD); what should I do? Also, AltSFX!
I❤️OTTD
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

ALEXbr wrote:Pilot, you can unsubscribe the newsletter of booking.com whenever you want (every newsletter has an unsubscribe button in the bottoms)
See, sometimes one of the airlines (EasyJet, Vueling, etc.) send me a deal with flights at the same time as booking.com send me one with hotels in the same place, so it's worthwhile keeping them coming :D
ALEXbr wrote:And, as an East-European man, you the West-Europeans, much reacher than us, you still cannot afford some holidays
Much richer maybe, however, products are far more expensive! I'm in a similar boat to EXTSpotter, with savings there (currently a few hundred quid at the moment; The FA Cup Semi-Final drained what little I had), but I'm trying to save for something bigger next year, maybe a visit to the US or Singapore for the Grand Prix, something like that! I did have a couple of holidays at the end of last year, where I went to Spain for a weekend in the sun, and then travelled round Europe however, so I wouldn't say I'm unlucky on the holiday front! (More details on where I went can be found here)
ALEXbr wrote:This is all my homework for maths...
Letters and Numbers... Don't worry, it doesn't change, that's all my job is! :mrgreen:
EXTspotter wrote:I am currently trying to figure out if I can do another trip to Japan
Japan... I would love to go there one day myself, totally not jealous! :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”