New Land Generator

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

WWTBAM

New Land Generator

Post by WWTBAM »

Can someone remind me how to use the new land generator. I have looked at the sign cheat, but are there options in TTDPatch.cfg for it?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Land Generator

Post by wallyweb »

The sign is cht: landgen {x} {y} {z} where x,y and z are numerical values that control the shape of the landmass. As an example, cht: landgen 2 2 2 will produce a flat landmass that is 1 tile above sea level and that covers the largest possible area and has no lakes, ponds or seas. A more detailed explanation lies here. afaik, a patch setting is not required.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

thanx wally. Was hoping there might be a setting but ohwell. Your example should provide a good tropical game.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

robotboy wrote:thanx wally. Was hoping there might be a setting but ohwell. Your example should provide a good tropical game.
Play around with the values. You should be able to get a decent set of lakes and hills and islands. Make sure that the water setting (the 'y' setting) is larger than the 'x' setting. The 'z' setting should be sufficiently large as well.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote:[...] afaik, a patch setting is not required.
Well, yes: experimentalfeatures.newterraingen on

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:Well, yes: ...

regards
Michael
Oh yes! I forgot about that one! :oops: It must be the lack of timely prepared bacon and eggs in my diet. :wink:

Return to “General TTDPatch”