I'm new here.

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Lionleo13
Engineer
Engineer

I'm new here.

Post by Lionleo13 »

Hello, i started out playing transport tycoon when i was 5 years old. Now, a few days ago i searched for transport tycoon and i found some free downloading sites. I downloaded TTD original and started out playing again, 10 years later :D. I have many many questions tho. I've seen that many great managers on this forum are using either OTTD or TTDP. I wonder which is best for mixing multiple building graphics and station graphics etc. I've downloaded both OTTD and TTDP, and i have noticed that they don't work together? There are so many new graphics that iv'e seen and i also ask you if you all know good downloading sites that i can get most good TTD graphics from? What is nightly builds, how do i manage to setup them, for OTTD or TTDP, for which one? I really really want to creat nice customized maps and make a big company in it, thank you all for helping..
MJS
Director
Director

Re: I'm new here.

Post by MJS »

There's good quick install guides and also graphics indexes at the top of most forum indexes here - you might especially consider having a look in the Graphics forums. OTTD and TTDPatch are practically the same in what graphics they accept, so that shouldn't be a reason to prefer one over the other. Nightlies are potentially unstable versions with the most recent (i.e., yesterdays) changes in them. They might not work, but they might also give you interesting new features. (In the case of OTTD, rather more experimental features can be installed as extra patches.)
Lionleo13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lionleo13 »

Okay, at the screenshots forums, i see that TTDP have nicier graphics, but i don't know. I wonder how the oil silos appear at the stations or the coal stacks etc?
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

the latest nightlies of openttd support almost all the graphics (you can download them as grf-files) ttdpatch supports. But it does not support rivers (but this is being worked on iirc) custom bridgeheads (more a feature but it also looks nice :) ) and probably some others I can't think of at the moment.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Lionleo13 wrote: I wonder how the oil silos appear at the stations or the coal stacks etc?
You need the appropriate grf set to get those extras. There are a good variety of sets available. Some offer trains, some buses and trucks and trams, others offer stations and yet others offer new cityscapes. Browsing the graphics sections of the TTDPatch and the OTTD forums is a good way to find what is available. Usually, the first post in a set's thread will offer a source for download as well as what the set's minimum requirements are. So go ahead and browse ... its kind of like a kid in a candy shop ... they all look so yummy that you won't know which one to grab first. :wink:

P.S. Here is a good place to start: GRFCrawler
Lionleo13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lionleo13 »

thanks, i choosed OTTD by the way (:

Why does it say "tried to load to many sprites, max (some numbers)" dont remember it was something on 16394 maybe. Why`? im using OTTD and tried to install a nightly build i just zipped the nightly files to my OTTD directory, i don't know if it works, hav'nt seen any difference. Help please! :)
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

check the title screen, it should say something like "OpenTTD r 11xxx"
Lionleo13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lionleo13 »

It does'nt. I don't know how to install nightlies.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Well, unzipping the nightlies to your OTTD directory sounds fine. Did you select Overwrite and Use Folder Names in your zip software?
Lionleo13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lionleo13 »

i'm using WINRAR and i espect it has the same thing as WinZIP. i don't know, nightlies folder has different names on the folders, like 2 or 3 folders.
Are you all using the latest nightly? Which folder in the list shall i choose, archive builds or GUI client?
Lionleo13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lionleo13 »

It's done now, nightly seem to work, screen bar renamed :D r 11 something :D great to you guys, thanks!
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

You're most welcome. Enjoy!

Return to “General TTDPatch”