Donations

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Donations

Post by orudge »

Overview

These forums cost quite a bit to run, most of which comes out of my own pocket. The advertising on the site helps greatly to cover the cost of the dedicated server, but it's not always enough. Therefore, it would be greatly appreciated if people could donate something - large or small - to the forum fund. Please do consider donating something, however small - every little helps! If you like, you could set up a recurring payment by PayPal - to pay, for example, £5 a month into our account, which, over the course of time, would help quite significantly.

How to Donate

Bank transfer

The cheapest way to donate is generally via bank transfer. This avoids PayPal fees and is usually free for you to send. I can receive money via bank accounts in the UK, US and Eurozone, as follows:

UK: Account number 75798685, sort code 23-14-70, account name Owen Rudge (UK payments only)
US: Please send me a PM for details
EUR: IBAN BE65 9670 3187 7596, BIC TRWIBEB1XXX (payments from the Eurozone only)

Please include some kind of reference to TT-Forums (e.g. "TTF") when making a payment. For bank transfers from any other country, please contact me for details.

PayPal

One of the easiest way to donate is via PayPal. Simply click the following button to send an amount of money. You don't have to sign up for a PayPal account if you don't want to: you can simply pay directly by credit or debit card.

Image (GBP) Image (USD) Image (EUR)

If you'd prefer to donate in another currency, please send a donation to owen@owenrudge.net. Please mark it as a gift/donation within PayPal, and state that it is for the forums.

Other online payment systems

If there is another online payment processor you would like to use, contact me - I may be able to set up an account with them to receive payments.

Cheque or postal/money order
If you live in the UK, I can accept cheques and postal orders. Again, send me a private message for more information on this. Cheques from outside the UK carry a charge to pay in, so please contact me beforehand to discuss the matter. If you have previously sent me a cheque, please send me a PM to ensure you have the correct address.

As a last resort, you could send me money by post, but from a security point of view this is probably not advisable.

Amazon Affiliate Links

Another way of providing a bit of money would be by buying an item from Amazon via one of my affiliate links:

Amazon UK
Amazon UK is the preferred link to use, if you are able to. Use https://www.owenrudge.net/amazon/ as your Amazon link in future..

Amazon.com (US)
Using our Amazon.com affiliate link may result in a small donation to the forum.

Amazon Canada
For Canadian visitors, please consider using our Amazon.ca link.

Thank you very much for your help. You are a very generous community, and it's thanks to you that this forum can survive.
Last edited by orudge on 31 Dec 2005 18:05, edited 13 times in total.
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

hmm, strange that this comes just before locomotion is due to be released :roll:

and now his asking for bribes!
cheeky bugger....:P

k, i presume this is a plea, so have a tenner

[edit=corrected spelling]
Last edited by John on 05 Sep 2004 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

John wrote:hmm, strange that this comes just be for locomotion is due to be released :roll:
That was actually a co-incidence, seriously, I was planning on doing this for a while. I can manage to buy Locomotion myself, I'm sure. ;)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Nobody else :x
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Huh? Nobody else what?
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Not obvious enough for you :roll:

DONATIONS, what's this topic all about do you think, o god help me

You all want forums, but it costs a lot, if nobody helps Owen he might abandon it or trim it down
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

What about the subtle text ads Google offers?

Heheh, my head will roll for that.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

That wasnt obeous

But i got money now :D
I get 21 tousand nok (Like 2 tousand £) a half year, so maybe i can give something once i gat paypal...
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

Zetor2003 wrote: I get 21 tousand nok (Like 2 tousand £) a half year, so maybe i can give something once i gat paypal...
well, i suppose we could get a better server with £2000 . thanks for offering :mrgreen:
anyway, what happened to the last hall of fame??
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Trev wrote:What about the subtle text ads Google offers?
I tried that once, but they didn't allow the site. I noticed a mod on phpBB.com that apparently makes phpBB Google-friendly, but I've not tried it.

The last hall of fame is still available in the previous topic, but I've started a new hall of fame for this new "round" of donations. Anyway, all donations, however large or small, are much appreciated!

Hmm, now if all of our 4081 users was to donate £10... £40,810... that'd buy us a nice server for a fair few years. ;)
Flavius
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Flavius »

Hi Owen
Happy to make a promise of a donation in about 2 or 3 weeks time.
Only could someone give equivelants in other currencies to assist me. Particularly A$ of course. I will use a cheque as i do not like PayPal. :?
Rollo
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well...

£10 = $18 (USD)
£10 = €15
£10 = $23 (CAD)
£10 = $26 (AUD)

approximately. More is always appreciated, but whatever you can afford really. ;)
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

There you go Owen, I hope some Euro's will do you good :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks to all the donations so far.

Now, if I want to upgrade to the higher-spec virtual server package (60% instead of 35% CPU, 192MB RAM allocation instead of 96MB, 12.5GB HD, 150GB bandwidth), it'll be $449.99/year, rather than the $299/year we are currently on. So, more money is still needed, if that's what we end up doing. :)
Adzyboy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Adzyboy »

Donated 20 quid.

More will come shortly. I don't get paid until the end of September. So I will probably donate some more then.

£70 in total I donated to Owen :P
Visit me site!

Transport Tycoon is one of the oldest games still going today. Congrats to Chris Sawyer, congrats to Owen Rudge and congrats to all the people who are keeping Transport Tycoon alive!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks to all donations so far. I've updated the first post with a bit more information about potential server upgrades, if we end up needing them. Basically, staying with Adiungo, it's about $500/year for the next level of virtual server, and then $1000/year or so for an actual dedicated server.
tubechallenger
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by tubechallenger »

I donated some money, hopefully Owen has recieved it well! :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, thanks, I did - all donations gratefully accepted! :)

EDIT: I have now been accepted for the Google AdSense programme. This means that you will shortly start seeing Google text-based adverts on the forum. Note that these should be unintrusive, but hopefully may provide me with a bit more income to help keep the forum alive.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, the adverts are now active on various forum pages. Discussion of them isn't really allowed by Google (it could "unnaturally" increase hit rates), so if you have any comments on them, please PM me.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Hmm, google ads, eh? It seems everybody is geting them now.

Return to “News”