Polish Trainset (PKP)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, if we could finish off the BR set, Japan set, and Dutch set, then there'd be resources to finish some of these other sets.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

That's true, but I feel Dutch Trainset is paused, resources are too low anyways.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

But you had most of the trains done, didn't you?
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Not really. I think about 50% were drawn and only a few are fully coded, IIRC.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, if Szappy coded those that were, it'd help promote the set. He's supposed to be coding the Japan set also, but I haven't heard from him in a long while. I hope he's still around, we've had three attempts at coding the Japan set and they've all been aborted... :cry:
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

i tried to contact atre pro 34 but he don't repiles. however i talked with meusH who posted here and we are thinking about take this project to life.

i think we must lern lot's so this will take time (as any project) and we are only in projecting phase but it would be great if this some day start to work.

what can i say else... anyone who is interested in this set and could help in anyway contact me.

thx
imigas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by imigas »

It's hard to create Polish set! On every our train, there is other painted text made by vandals! :(
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

imigas wrote:It's hard to create Polish set! On every our train, there is other painted text made by vandals! :(
If you include that in the set, it would be unique AFAIK. Although I like trains without painted text more :wink:

EDIT: Oh, and that painted-text-problem isn't just only Polish :(
Image Image
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

yes this would be hard to include all "vandal paintings". i know it's not only polish problem but we have it at all trains, especialy at regional because when they are not in use they stand at general accesible siding tracks and everyone can come and paint on them. the one exeption is Warsaw metro, its incredible but they are watching wagons so good that no one is painted. :shock:
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Is this project dead? Too bad :(
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

IIRC, I once had a pre-release of the Polish set...

indeed, it would be too bad when it dies...

Would be great to see this set moving again :))
Image Image
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

I am now working on PKP set, but it is in very, very ealry state. Here is PKP-Set Official Site

My set is not continuation of ArtePro34's PKP set and as I said it is in very early phase so I see no need to start new topic for now.

Till holiday I won't have much time for this but it will grow up in my time. I am making small updates time to time. Set Page is not comleted yet but you can find there most informations about set and yesterday opened Electric Locomotives section. Drawing graphics is not problem, but coding is. I have learned this a little but time will show how much I can learn and how far I can go alone.

Of course all suggestions are welome (welcomed?)... :oops: especially those connected with language so please report all my mistakes that you will find. Enjoy the page and have patience...

Greetings.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It would make sense to use whatever Arte Pro 34 already had drawn, so you don't repeat work.
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

Maybye yes, I find his graphics very good, he even gave me permission to use them. But, as I said, drawing is not a problem for me and I want my set to have uniform graphic style.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

There's two schools of thought on this. We have this issue in the US set. Personally, since American trains are so very different, I think it adds to the set to have several different drawing styles in the set. I don't know how similar Polish trains are IRL.
Rysiek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rysiek »

:idea: PKP !! Good Idea ! :idea:

polish forum
about openttd

http://openttd.prochy.pl - zapraszam.
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

I am observing US Set developnent and I am impressed that few people (not one) are drawing stock and graphics still have one style. Of course they are a little different but still have one style IMO. But polish trains aren't very different. Especially diesel and electric locomotives, but also EMU's and DMU's. You can see how simmilar electric engines are at PKP set page. Only seamers are more different because some of them were bought from other countries, especially in early years.
PKP Set Page is also my page about railways, because they are my great passion. I collect informations and this is place were I can share my knowledge with others (only pkp history were taken from PKP Official Site). So thats why I treat it (also set) so ... let's say private. :)
n0zYk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by n0zYk »

Hi, did this set works with OTTD??
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, OTTD has not full newgrf support yet, but it will later. This set will most probably work mostly in OTTD now, while it may contain some errors, but eventually (i hope soon), when OTTD has full newgrf support, it will work in OTTD as it works in TTDPatch. At leats, AFAIK.
Image Image
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

n0zYk wrote:Hi, did this set works with OTTD??
the best is to ask OTTD developers
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

Return to “Graphics Development”