OpenTTD 1.2.0 released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 1.2.0 released

Post by Alberth »

Cancel all your appointments, today we present you OpenTTD 1.2.0, the first stable release of the 1.2 series.

The additional RC release resulted in fixing a few more bugs, so you can enjoy this stable release even more. We thank you for testing, and finding and reporting these errors.

Have a lot of fun playing with all the new features.

To download, point your browser to http://www.openttd.org/download-stable . There you can also find the full list of changes.

Have a lot of fun today, and remember to take some breaks to eat something every now and then.
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: OpenTTD 1.2.0 released

Post by Ailure »

Just a small cosmetic error in the installer, where all references to the OpenTTD version is appended by ${APPV_EXTRA} (even the intial "upgrading from version x to version y message). It still installs (and plays) fine though which is what matters. :)
Attachments
appv_extra.png
appv_extra.png (86.06 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
Last edited by Ailure on 15 Apr 2012 18:27, edited 3 times in total.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

I got the same problem, and when i loaded it, 1.2.0 RC4 Was loaded rather than 1.2.0
?( ?( ?(
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Great work guys! :bow:

After updating my old version (without new grfx/sounds) I get a invalid language pack error. Re-installed it and now it works fine.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Whopper wrote:After updating my old version (without new grfx/sounds) I get a invalid language pack error. Re-installed it and now it works fine.
How did you update it?
RAMMAR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RAMMAR »

I've got an annoying thing with the music (midies) - it happens everytime (I use 32bit Windows 7 version, the newest one) when the game starts, those midies always have a very low volume, but when I try to move the midi volume changer in Jukebox for a little bit (or just pressing on it), even if it's always set at the maximum, the midi volume gets the correct level, now I can do anything in this session and the volume won't drop. But if I exit from the game to return to Windows and then to run it again, it's goes back as it was before the volume fixing (even if the game still shows that the midi volume is still at maximum). I've not heard/seen this bug before (I've used mostly a Windows 9x version even under Windows7, but this time I've decided to use the correct one)...
Last edited by RAMMAR on 15 Apr 2012 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Life is the moving train on the tracks...
(Transport Tycoon Deluxe for the real)
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Installed it by downloading the installer from the server. When running the exe file upgraded open TTD from 1.2 RC 2 to 1.2.

After installation the game keeps crashing with a language pack error.

But a complete re-install fixed this problem. Didn't use any patches or new graphic files.
tompaw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tompaw »

Yey! A new version!

Unfortunately, it is completely unplayable on OSX (64-bit Lion) running at late 2011 MBP with 8 GB Ram. FPS in the title screen seems to be around 10, it's very difficult to even operate the cursor :-(

I'm sure it's something wrong with my setup. I upgraded from 1.1.x, then upgraded everything using in-game menu. But the problem is still there...
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Just the title game, or a 'new game' too?

One possible problem is the sprite cache, you could try making it larger in openttd.cfg (when the program does not run).
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

FPS in the title screen seems to be around 10, it's very difficult to even operate the cursor
I can confirm that this isn't another of those weird OSX bugs...
While my hardware isn't quite as good as tompaw's, a 3GHz Pentium D with 4GB of RAM really should be able to run the title game :roll: .

Only applies to the title game, but as mentioned this makes using the menus near-impossible - new/loaded games work fine (maybe I should try loading the titlegame as a savegame?).

Kubuntu 11.10, x86_64, 1.2.0

EDIT: Tested loading opntitle.dat as a normal game - lags a little when viewing the whole map (like most maps on this machine), but far better than the title screen looking at the same place with the same zoom level

EDIT AGAIN: Created a new game and replaced opntitle.dat with it; the menus etc work perfectly. I believe something may be wrong with the titlegame?
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Urdangarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Urdangarin »

Hi All!

I'm just getting the same laguage pack error.

Just downloaded for win xp sp3 & executed the download. It tells that it can be update from my old 1.1.5... click Ok!... (i like it)

After that, and some re-installs, i'm not able to load the game 8o
Urdangarin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Urdangarin »

I've tried to download the zip version and it works.

Just unzipped it on desktop and click to play...

It works and checks the grf and all the stuff! :bow:

i've realised that the ottd.exe has 8.000.xxx in the installed file... and 8.420.xxx in the zipped...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

tompaw wrote:Yey! A new version!

Unfortunately, it is completely unplayable on OSX (64-bit Lion) running at late 2011 MBP with 8 GB Ram. FPS in the title screen seems to be around 10, it's very difficult to even operate the cursor :-(

I'm sure it's something wrong with my setup. I upgraded from 1.1.x, then upgraded everything using in-game menu. But the problem is still there...
Try to locate your openttd.cfg in ~/Documents/OpenTTD and change your spritecache:

Code: Select all

sprite_cache_size = 64
tompaw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tompaw »

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn't help :-(

I have tried removing openttd.cfg and I have noticed the following:

1) If I keep the game in ridiculously small default-size window (looks like 640x480 to me), the welcome screen stays smooth.
2) After restoring my usual playing widows size (around 1600x1000), the same slowdown/hiccup happens *BUT* after a few moments! For around 1-2 seconds everything looks nice.

I am 101% positive there were no performance issues whatsoever on 1.1.x.

Also, I'm running a regular time machine backups, so I will try restoring the previous version on openttd.cfg and comparing it with the new one. The difference only affects the 1-2 seconds, but maybe it will point us in the right direction?

As usual, I pledge my availability to any OSX experiments that might help sort this out. Got macports up to date and was able to compile 1.1 from the source before!

--

UPDATE: I attach the diff result. Original file is the config I had been using previously with 1.1.x. New file is the 1.2 config (default one with resolution changed).

UPDATE2: I captured the problem on a video. Since the file is too big to attach, I have uploaded it to this URL:

http://tompaw.xxx/h/ottd.mov

As you can see, for the very first 0.5-1 second it's almost OK (bear in mind recording was an extra load), but then it only get worse. After 10-15 seconds it reaches a comic-book stage.
Attachments
ocfg.diff
diff openttd.cfg.old openttd.cfg.new > ocfg.diff
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

change your spritecache
Didn't work :(
I pledge my availability to any OSX experiments that might help sort this out
Equally, I pledge my availability to any Linux experiments that might help sort this out :P
(besides those I tried already, of course :roll: )
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

I had the same issue (in Windows however) and my solution was to change the blitter to "32bpp-optimized".

(PS Why is that not the default)?
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
tompaw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tompaw »

Level Crossing wrote:I had the same issue (in Windows however) and my solution was to change the blitter to "32bpp-optimized".
Just tried it. No luck :(
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Level Crossing wrote:I had the same issue (in Windows however) and my solution was to change the blitter to "32bpp-optimized".

(PS Why is that not the default)?
In most cases 8bpp-optimized is the faster one. Though slowly that seems to change meanwhile slowly due to deteriorating driver and hardware support.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Mine was 32bpp-optimised already - doesn't have an effect :-(
At least it's got a quick workaround until it gets fixed :|
tompaw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tompaw »

So... how do we play openttd? Downgrade to 1.1?

Return to “General OpenTTD”