Ships suddenly think they're trains

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Sandwalker
Engineer
Engineer

Ships suddenly think they're trains

Post by Sandwalker »

Today I was playing TTDW (currently playing in the Tropical zone) and I noticed that one of my opponents ships was stuck in its depot, with just part of the bow sticking out. Upon further investigation, it transpired that the ship's specifics were apparently now that of the MJS250 diesel locomotive, and instead of a capacity of 190 tonnes of fish it showed a capacity of -6,300 passengers.

I managed to go back to an earlier version of the saved game, and found that the ship went into the depot for early maintenance, then suddenly decided that it was going to be a train. Two more ships got stuck in the depot a short time later, and again thought they were trains (this time the Centennial locomotive), but this time instead of ships they were displayed as a red/yellow ZZZZZ icon. I got around this problem by reverting back, and forcing the ships to go back to one of their destinations and moving the depot to another location.

However, it seems that I failed to notice a ship on the other side of the map that had got stuck in its depot; it had been there for a few months before I saved it, so now I'm stuck with it. This ship also shows the ZZZZZ icon poking out of the depot. I can't figure out if it's possible to destroy the ship in any way, or somehow get it back into the depot for destruction.

I honestly don't know if it's a bug in TTDpatch or not. The version I was using was the r2075 nightly build of TTDpatch 2.6 alpha 0. It has the alteration to allow the fish and brewery industries.

If anyone has any clue why this is happening, I'd very much love to know. If I've missed any essential info, let me know.

[EDIT] newgrf.cfg and ttdpatch.cfg have now been added, as well as the save game. Also, I should probably mention that I'm running TTDW under WINE in Ubuntu 8.10 -- I know I could run OpenTTD, but that doesn't have the ability to use the system cursor instead of the clunky game cursor.
Attachments
Screenshot showing the ZZZZZ icons in the ship list, and the info of the affected ships.
Screenshot showing the ZZZZZ icons in the ship list, and the info of the affected ships.
San Luis Transport-8Dec1989.jpg (109.18 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
Config-and-Game-Files.zip
Config files and save game a few days before a ship enters the depot. The existing ZZZZZ ship is in the ocean near Neiva Transfer (bottom corner of map), and the other ship is just to the northwest of San Martin, heading for the depot. Game is named 'Deetz'.
(152.52 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Last edited by Sandwalker on 11 Feb 2009 10:19, edited 3 times in total.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Ships suddenly think they're trains

Post by DaleStan »

Sandwalker wrote:If I've missed any essential info, let me know.
The save, from a couple game days before the first ship polymorphs, and both config files.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Sandwalker
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ships suddenly think they're trains

Post by Sandwalker »

DaleStan wrote:The save, from a couple game days before the first ship polymorphs, and both config files.
I've now attached newgrf.cfg and ttdpatch.cfg, as well as the savegame file, to my post -- I assume those are the config files you meant, as they're the only .cfg files in the directory.

As I run this under Linux, the .cfg files may have only LF instead of the usual CR/LF characters at the end of each line, in which case opening them in Wordpad then saving again usually restores them to the usual Windows format. I've not modified either of the files for a while, and the problem's only just now cropped up (in the Tropical, and not the Temperate zone, which I usually play).

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”