[OTTD] WAS - World Airliners Set - v0.1 (24/09/12)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] The World Airliners Set - Alpha 2 Release (06/08/

Post by paulicus25 »

Hey there guys.

Just like to say...nice job. The graphics are generally very good and provide that sort of variety feel you get at rel airports so kudos on that!

However i know its probably been mentioned 50 zillion times, and im sorry if it has, but i'm still having problems with certain information being displayed incorrectly within the purchase menu. Specifically many of the planes show their take-off velicity, not maximum flight speed. Is there any option or parameter to get the buy menu to actually show the speed of the planes where it says speed?
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Again nice work and fantastic that errors get fixed so quickly!
All of my previous reported errors are fixed except for one (but I maybe wasn't clear enough about that specific one), Airbus A320-200 Delta Airlines Takeoff:
WASerror08.png
WASerror08.png (28.74 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Also checked all Airbus A321's, they are ok, except for Air Canada Livery, that has watercycle colors on its tail.

EDIT:
Checked Airbus A330-200. Only Malaysia airlines is ok, all others have this error when landing:
WASerror09.png
WASerror09.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
Except for KLM livery, that has this error when landing:
WASerror10.png
WASerror10.png (22.29 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Also checked Airbus A330-300.

That has mainly a lot of errors wih the cockpitgraphics, most of them are not drawn. And there are also more errors:
WASerror27.png
WASerror27.png (364.85 KiB) Viewed 2266 times
- company-color has no cockpits drawn in some directions (1)
- Air Canada, same cockpit errors as company-color but also take-off error (2)
- Asiana, same as Air Canada
- Cathay seems ok
- China Eastern seems ok
- Delta, same as Air Canada
- Etihad, this is not complete, in some directions you get the company color livery and not Etihad livery! also same take off problem as Air Canada
- Finn Air, same as Air Canada
- Garuda, seems ok except for missing cockpit in approach (3)
- Korean Air, take off error and missing cockpit in approach (4)
- Lufthansa, same as Garuda
- Malaysia, same as Air Canada
- Qantas, same as Korean Air
- Qatar, same as Korean Air
- SAS, same as Garuda
- Singapore, same as Korean
- Swiss, same as Korean
- Thai, same as Garuda
- US Airways, take off error like Korean, but no problems with cockpits

Well, that's enough for today ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

Hi Quast65! Many thanks for the help here!

Everything in your first post has been fixed in r815 of the grf.

Everything in your second post though is a biggish job so hopefully get it sorted soon!
Thanks!
paulicus25 wrote:Hey there guys.

Just like to say...nice job. The graphics are generally very good and provide that sort of variety feel you get at rel airports so kudos on that!

However i know its probably been mentioned 50 zillion times, and im sorry if it has, but i'm still having problems with certain information being displayed incorrectly within the purchase menu. Specifically many of the planes show their take-off velicity, not maximum flight speed. Is there any option or parameter to get the buy menu to actually show the speed of the planes where it says speed?
Hi well at the moment we are reworking all the code for all costs, speed etc, due to some prices being completely stupid etc. But at the moment there is nothing that can be a easy quick fix. Sorry but It will get fixed eventually in a later revision of the GRF.

Thanks!
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

Captain Plagiat
Engineer
Engineer

Something to change

Post by Captain Plagiat »

Hi everyone
this is my first post :)

I must thank you for this great add-on!
I load always the nightly releases.

However, there are 2 things:

The operating costs of the A320 family are in contrast to the B737 quite high, but in reality they are quite close.

The Boeing 737-400 can carry 162 passengers, your version only 149 and the 733 carries the same number of passengers with less running costs.
I need a plane that carries 160 passengers.

Maybe you can change that, because I do not know how to change GRFS.

Thank you very much
Captain Plagiat
Visit Munich Aviation Spotter on Facebook
FaddyPainter
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Something to change

Post by FaddyPainter »

Captain Plagiat wrote:Hi everyone
this is my first post :)
Captain Plagiat
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)
Captain Plagiat wrote:However, there are 2 things:

The operating costs of the A320 family are in contrast to the B737 quite high, but in reality they are quite close.

The Boeing 737-400 can carry 162 passengers, your version only 149 and the 733 carries the same number of passengers with less running costs.
I need a plane that carries 160 passengers.
I can assure you all of the aircraft stats, everything from running costs to load times is being looked at. We have several formulae which take real data about the aircraft and convert this to an in game value for a particular aircraft attribute. However developing and tweaking these formulae is time consuming due to the notoriously difficult nature of balancing aircraft in OTTD, both amongst aircraft and with other modes of transport.

In the mean time many values are just approximate placeholders, such as those you mentioned.
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

why, cased the planes as landing error
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Off the top of my head, a Tu-154 can carry about 160 people, if you are willing to go Ex-Soviet for your aircraft needs :) . You mentioned the A320, which can carry 160 but that's in "cattle waggon" configuration. A321 perhaps?
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

SquireJames wrote:Off the top of my head, a Tu-154 can carry about 160 people
There able to carry between 114 and 180 People, depending on Configuration.
SquireJames wrote:mentioned the A320, which can carry 160 but that's in "cattle waggon" configuration.
Cattle Wagon A320's can actually take 180 people :P , typical 1-Class is 164, typical 2-Class is 150. A321's take 220 (Cattle Wagon), 199 (1-Class, Typical) or 185 (2-Class, Typical)
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Wow, they really squeeze em in there then. I would have thought even 160 in a A320 was tight, but 180. They are either very short passengers (who can fit in there comfortably), very poor passengers (who cannot afford a different carrier), or they have their knees around their ears and remarkable tolerance for being crushed into small spaces. (or maybe they are just very angry afterwards)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Here's a seatplan of 180 Seat A320, used by Indian low-cost operator, IndiGo:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/IndiGo ... s_A320.php

30 Rows of seats, so yes, Very Cramped.

(Thomas Cook are another Airline that have 180 Seat A320's)
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Additional Liveries :

Fokker 70
Sempati

Fokker 100
Pelita

And apply Update for Latest Nughtly version.
DrMilzbrand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrMilzbrand »

Hi there,

I noticed some "white lines" of A320 of Condor Berlin during take-off. Further more, I noticed, that the two A319 paintings of Air Berlin are switched. The "interim" livery is names as "new" and the "new" livery of Air Berlin is named as "interim". :D
May this can be fixed easily? :)

You can look forward to see some new paintings by myself. Next will be the A321 "D-AIAA" of Condor Berlin of cause (my working horse in Hanover) and some other repaints. :)
(Thomas Cook are another Airline that have 180 Seat A320's)
This is true, 180 is the certified maximum configuration of A320. But it depends on the seat pitch, the configuration of the galleys and Lavatories. German airlines like Condor and Air Berlin operates their A320 with only 174 seats (three Lavs, two Galleys). Lufthansa operates their A320 with only 150 seats, as they only need three flight attendents with this configuration instead of four with 174 or 180 seats. LH "minimizes" their seats with free middle seats in (so called) "business class", its quite the same number of rows and the same pitch as in config of 164 PAX.

Thanks and kind regards :)
DrMilzbrand
Regards.

DrMilzbrand

Worlds Airliners Set

(Statistics 04/2008 - mid 08/2008, more flights soon)
TTDFanDNUA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTDFanDNUA »

Hi,

I try test new WAS with OpenTTD 1.2.2 and opengfx-0.4.4. I don't have anything else newgrf installed. And I have some problem:

1. As I see on screenshot on forum there is Embraer 190 in set, but unfortunatelly I can't find it in my game
2. Many aircraft (ATR72-200/500, Boeing 737-100, -200, -300, -400, -500, -600. -700, -800, Dash 400, CRJ-100/200, BAE146-300, Focker -70, -100, MD series aircraft have same and very low speed 244 km/h
3. I don't have all liveries as on screenshot on this topic.
4. I haven't A318 aircraft

I attach some scrensoot with my problem. What I do wrong?

Also, can you tel mee wheter I can to use Chill's patchpack with this grf.
Attachments
1.jpg
(640.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
2.jpg
(691.29 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
3.jpg
(701.35 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
DrMilzbrand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrMilzbrand »

Hi there,

the date of your game is summer of 2000. So don't worry, the Airbus A318 was introduced in 2003 and Embraer E-190 was introduced in 2004. Like in reality it is very expencive to use A318 in OpenTTD, due to its running costs. This is not unreal, as only 82 A318 were built or are still ordered by airlines worldwide, that operates a mixed A320-type fleet to drop its high running costs. The Embraer E-190 is quite a better choice ;)

Don't be afraid of the low speed. This is the speed while take-off. Airborne they are almost as fast as the other planes, approx. 800 to 850 kph..

Kind regards.
Regards.

DrMilzbrand

Worlds Airliners Set

(Statistics 04/2008 - mid 08/2008, more flights soon)
FaddyPainter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FaddyPainter »

TTDFanDNUA wrote: 1. As I see on screenshot on forum there is Embraer 190 in set, but unfortunatelly I can't find it in my game
Dr. Milzbrand beat me to it, see his answer.
TTDFanDNUA wrote: 2. Many aircraft (ATR72-200/500, Boeing 737-100, -200, -300, -400, -500, -600. -700, -800, Dash 400, CRJ-100/200, BAE146-300, Focker -70, -100, MD series aircraft have same and very low speed 244 km/h
I haven't encountered this problem before, but I have just recreated it on 1.2.2 It seems to be only the purchase list displayed speed which is wrong, not the actual speed once you build them. Strange as this doesn't occur on 1.0.2 which I was using. I shall raise it with the coders (they will probably read this anyway).
TTDFanDNUA wrote: 3. I don't have all liveries as on screenshot on this topic.
Can you clarify which liveries you are missing so I can look into it please?
TTDFanDNUA wrote: 4. I haven't A318 aircraft
Again Milzbrand beat me to it, (Damn you :P I look forward to seeing some new paints from you)
TTDFanDNUA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTDFanDNUA »

Thank yo for reply! Nearly all work as I expected. I found Embraer and I see that all aircraft have cruise speed as in real life. Only Embraer 190 have speed lower than real - only 668 km/h. I attach this screen

With B-737-800 livery all ok - it my error.
Attachments
E190speed.jpg
(601.32 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

DrMilzbrand wrote:I noticed some "white lines" of A320 of Condor Berlin during take-off. Further more, I noticed, that the two A319 paintings of Air Berlin are switched. The "interim" livery is names as "new" and the "new" livery of Air Berlin is named as "interim". :D
May this can be fixed easily? :)
I will look into this soon for you! Should be a easy fix lol.

Also I would like to let everyone know that 43 planes current in this set have had all there speeds changed, using our over complicated coding table and real life data with the help of me and fellow coder Frank i have recently update all of the speeds in the game. So they should overall be better.

Regarding the speeds displayed in the purchase list this issue is being currently looked into and I think soon we can have it fixed, so any speed shown in the purchase list are to be ignored, until i say other wise.

Another major issue with the game we are looking at is the running costs, we have now used out coding table to make the code for extremely accurate running costs. Original only 255 different running costs where available, but Frank as created some code to allow thousands so hopefully this will be applied to every plane in the future as well making the WAS GRF even more enjoyable and fun to operate in a working business.

The latest revision as found by clicking the picture in the first post will have the new speeds me hopes.

Many Thanks!
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Uhh, sh!t my World Airliners Set r825

A300-600R Introduction in 2010, why no Liveries!!!!!!!!

Please fix the A300-600R, why help me!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Return to “Graphics Development”