Creating the 3d images

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Creating the 3d images

Post by Lister7777 »

Ok, Sorry if its been asked before. I have looked though the forum but not found anything so thought i would post.

Ok i want to create i a new item for loco maybe a small carriage or something. Would some one be so kind to provide a list of the software i need.
I have some photo editing software and also have that locotools. But what else do i need. (Also if you have time could you explain any difficult bits :) )

Many thanks
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

What is it that you exactly want to do? Convert MSTS files to LoMo, or create custom ones?
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

3D design software. (And please no, not another crappy converter... sorry that i say this, but most of those arent looking that good.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Illegal_Alien wrote:3D design software.(And please no, not another crappy converter... sorry that i say this, but most of those arent looking that good.)
Plastikman did MSTS2Loco conversions.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lister7777 »

No i wanna create a total new item. Just somthing small to start with maybe a rail truck. I dont wanna just change the coding and use the loco images. I wanna create the images myself.

I figured out that loco tools and it places a folder with 70 Plus images in it. They seems to be pictures of the item ever degree or so. Its these that i have no idea how to make.

Hope that makes sence.
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

you take/make a 3d model, and then render them (make the program create pictures from loads of angles)...
Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lister7777 »

you take/make a 3d model, and then render them
Witch 3D software do you recomend?
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

well

perhaps g-max if i'm not wrong some modelers here use it ;) and its free too!
Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lister7777 »

Many thanks. I will go and download it later and have a go and see if i can figure it out.

Has anyone every tried to make a station on one side of the line that goes around the corner? I often find that this could be useful at times. I think it would also add a nice touch to the game.

Also has anyone ever tried to make one of them walkways that goes over the platforms? That would look very nice on the small countryside stations.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

First Question: No
Secon Question: Yes, look at the topic a bit lower on the page.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
EirikhO
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EirikhO »

This is my signature.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

eirikho wrote:You said bits, ask the Wiki;
http://wiki.locomotiondepot.net/index.p ... -_Vehicles
What?

I think you may have misunderstood erik, or am I the only one who is lost?

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lister7777 »

Thanks anyway. I will have alook later.

Well i have downloaded Gmax and ummm maybe harder than i thought lol. I really suck. When i was creating it, it looked like a platform but when i look after well i will stop there lol. Still have to figure out the rendering thing but going to download the manual at some point.

I wont give up though. I am going to continue working on my web site for a couple of days have a lot of php to right. Then once done i will try to master Gmax.

Thanks once again.
EirikhO
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EirikhO »

MajorDuck wrote:
eirikho wrote:You said bits, ask the Wiki;
http://wiki.locomotiondepot.net/index.p ... -_Vehicles
What?

I think you may have misunderstood erik, or am I the only one who is lost?

MD
Like Lister said in first post;
Lister7777 wrote:Also if you have time could you explain any difficult bits
So... bits? I dunno if it helps, but in the wiki it says "bits", "bits" and "bits".

If it don't help, I didn't know. I'm totally new to LoMo modding.
This is my signature.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Ah right, was just wondering eric.

I didnt see that quote from Lister...

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lister7777 »

eh no worries guys. Its all good info. A question.

1. I have been looking into the tracks. All the real tracks i have seen have them little gray stones all over. Would be great to have them in the game. I have looked over the images and they seem to have some that do have the gray stones. Any idea why they don't show.

Once again thanks for your help. And yes i still suck at Gmax LOL.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”