[TTDP] INFRA - World of Innovatia...

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

You know, if I actually played OTTD I would certainly have made a bigger version! Until I have access to all wonderful patch features in OTTD, I'll stick to the patched game though!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

SAC wrote:Anything else? What about the hilly/mountainious concept? Should it stay? More cities? More islands?
Now thats Your choice. I sugsess You to make map like artic .... One side mountainious and one side of the map flat (some little mountins) :P :)
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, we'll see! :P

Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I just downloaded your scenario, except all the snow disappears straight away and it doesn't return even after 12 months. Is there a GRF I'm missing.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

yep. get the snowline grf. Its somewhere on the forums.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

would it happen to be alpinew.grf? If it is, i just got it.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

alpinew.grf changes it ALL into snow, i prefer to use snowline.grf as it only changes the terrain to snow.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Stunning explanation, El Capitan, but you're off.

alpinew.grf converts the Sub-Arctic climate to temperate style landscape with full working snowline. Which is next to useless for an existing temperate scenario or game.

The .grf you need is completely different to that, and can be found here:
http://ttdpatch.net/src/newgrfdemo/snowline.grf

That .grf adds the snowline directly to the Temperate climate, however, that functionality is not yet complete.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Aegir wrote:Stunning explanation, El Capitan, but you're off.
oh balls :oops:

thanks for correcting me ;)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

thanks, it works now
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

For SAC:
If you 're interested in some scenarios I created 'centuries' ago for original TTD, goto my webpage(http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart) and download 'GA TTD Games Pack 0.1'.
For SAC, George, OpenTTD team:
I suppose the graphics with bus and truck stations I see in INFRA cities ('industries') would be cool for real stations. OK they are not 1x1 and require new code. George's long vehicles do not fit in 1x1 stations. We need 2x2 or bigger. Why to join stations when we could have a big one? (Like new airports.) If not able to use them in TTD, then in the future in OpenTTD. It is a must.[/url]
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

athanasios wrote:For SAC:
If you 're interested in some scenarios I created 'centuries' ago for original TTD, goto my webpage(http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart) and download 'GA TTD Games Pack 0.1'.
I will certainly have a look! :P
For SAC, George, OpenTTD team:
I suppose the graphics with bus and truck stations I see in INFRA cities ('industries') would be cool for real stations. OK they are not 1x1 and require new code. George's long vehicles do not fit in 1x1 stations. We need 2x2 or bigger. Why to join stations when we could have a big one? (Like new airports.) If not able to use them in TTD, then in the future in OpenTTD. It is a must.[/url]

Personally I think that TTD's original scale for buses and trucks are a bit too small - at least compared to some other stuff in game. Then again, nothing in TTD do have a proper scale when it comes to comparison really.

However, I do agree with you that a 2x2 station is needed, but some problems with the scale has been overcomed by the fact that at least TTDPatch offers "stations" on roads.

On another note, my new "landscape-set" actually "hides" some of those glitches in a very pleasant way! :wink:

bandras
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bandras »

Hi guyz

First post ever ( in this forum :) )

I LOOOVE this landscape thingy, but PLEASE if someone could send me a list of grf files ( and their download locations ) needed for this one to work ( bridges and tunnels are the best, but I saw some industries too not included in temperate originally )

I hope someone will reply t othis cause this thread seems quite dead, but I don't give up :)

András
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

bandras wrote:Hi guyz

First post ever ( in this forum :) )

I LOOOVE this landscape thingy, but PLEASE if someone could send me a list of grf files ( and their download locations ) needed for this one to work ( bridges and tunnels are the best, but I saw some industries too not included in temperate originally )

I hope someone will reply t othis cause this thread seems quite dead, but I don't give up :)

András
Hi there :P And welcome to TT-forums.

I've posted a list on page 9 where you can check the .grf's I'm using myself. Most of these can be found if searching GRF Crawler, simply click HERE!

bandras
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bandras »

thanx a lot I've been looking for them all afternoon, and I found most of them, but I've gotta say that someone should make a page where all grfs ever done could be found. There are like 10 different sources, and I still couldn't find for example steelco.grf anywhere
Other than that, as I said I found a lot of it.
Once I'm done I'll edit this post with a list of the grf-s I can't find. Will you be a darling and send 'em to me somehow?

EDIT: So these are the grfs I haven't found anywhere;
steelco.grf
svlinew.grf
hiro5_127.grf
onewayw.grf
no-spire.grf
sweset.grf
infrastat.grf
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

onewayw.grf
This one is not needed anymore - it's integrated in ttdpbasew.grf from http://www.ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html
sweset.grf
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24032
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, you don't need any of those for the scenario to work! :P

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Long Journey from LKAB to SSAB

Ever since the important railroad from LKAB to the steel mill upnorth was built, the business has had a huge impact on public finances allowing for other costly projects to be decided and get started on. However, the later decision to close down the steel mill upnorth and instead have the iron ore from LKAB hauled to the steel mill in the south, not even very far from LKAB, has resulted in a very long distance to travel for the I-Ore trains.

Even though the actual distance between LKAB and SSAB is rather short, having the precious iron ore delivered by trucks isn't an option as the amount of trucks required would have a significant impact on the dirt roads in the mountains - and the puclic infrastructure authorities simply doesn't have the money to provide the industries with proper roads. So in the meantime the I-Ore trains have to take the long journey through the northern region in order to reach SSAB in the south. And the same goes for the oil trains!

The image below shows the LKAB loading station on top of the "Hekla Mountains" with several I-Ore trains waiting for the iron ore to be loaded, surrounded by some oil freight trains;

Once loaded a long journey awaits travelling through mountainious areas on high bridges and deep forests;

Two I-Ore trains meeting near the northern exit where the longest tunnel is located, taking the trains to the southern region;

Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Getting closer to SSAB in the south, the trains from LKAB has to travel through one of the busiest railroads in the region. Connecting several railroad lines with each others, to and from four busy industrial areas, the waiting times at the "Siesta Tracks" can be long.

Below is the surpass through Vaxholm;

Finally reaching SSAB the waiting time to get unloaded isn't long as the stations capacity is far from reached. This is due to some railroad projects still being developed which will allow for steel, fish, and goods trains to use the station;

But other industrial stations are way more busier. Uddeholm outside the city of Sofia in the eastern region is one of those very busy stations, forcing trains to spend lots of time at the so called "Siesta Tracks", in this particular case located both before and after the station area. The reason is to avoid congestions;

Before the "Siesta Tracks" was built for Uddeholm arrivels, trains would simply occupie the main railroad forcing other trains to block exits to other railroads - something which wasn't acceptable at all. Soon it would turn out that trains leaving Uddeholm would cause congestions and blocks in the same manor as arriving trains, why the railroad tracks authorities decided to build a "Siesta Track" alos for departuring trains. This has turned out to be a good investment in opposite of having the main railroad lines expanded with more tracks - something due to the mountainous areas are to be considered as very expensive!
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

A very nice update SAC. The industry lines are looking very nice. What ever happened to yours plans for a huge industry terminal near Vasa though?

Anyway, looking forward for more screenshots, as always.

Return to “Screenshots”