For planes range of flight is

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

For planes range of flight is

Post by Grigory1 »

In a reality in very important parameter for planes range of flight is
Whether probably to realize it in TTDP?
For example by quantity of cells
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

here.
Close this thread.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

I think he knows that thread very well...

What he is suggesting is that a new feature is introduced, giving distance ranges to the planes. Eg a DC-3 can go 64 tiles max in one go, where as the new A380 could do the whole map non stop.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Grigory1.

Actually, I think that would be quite a good feature, could be interesting to play in such a way. Which is what I do already, (voluntarely of course), if I use planes at all...
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

:) Thanks The Irish
It I also wanted to offer

Sorry for my bad English :oops:
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Please load my link again - this one is repeating! author pressed "new thread" instead of "post reply" button
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

I see now. Still, I think it has a right to stay here, since this is a new feature suggested, that doesn't exist yet (at least for planes). And it is not directly related to the planeset, so it is probably better off in here anyways.
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

In a reality exist:
1 regional airliner
2 medium range airliner
3 long range airliner
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

MeusH wrote:here.
Close this thread.
Oh, didn't realise you were a moderator. I better close this post haste, even though it doesn't need closing.

:roll:
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I think this would be a great idea, and **might** be possible. I don't see any Patchteam members posting in here, though, which is a bad sign.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Raichase wrote:Oh, didn't realise you were a moderator.
If it were a moderator, don't you think it would have closed the thread itself? :p

It's pretty clearly not possible to force a valid order set. Even if you properly check every order as it is added (a-la the boat-bouy system, but make it also check Last->First when appropriate[0]), you still can't prevent the user from building an airport, ordering a plane to it, and then destroying the airport.

As a result, you're stuck with option 2, which is to check each order as the plane leaves the current airport. If the plane has orders that include A->B, and we posit that you can check the orders at whatever point you like, from when the plane lands at airport A until the plane lands at airport B, when do you check, and what do you do if airport B is too far from airport A?

[0] Non-trivial in and of itself, but that's a different matter.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DaleStan wrote:when do you check, and what do you do if airport B is too far from airport A?
Perhaps you check when it tries to leave the terminal/hangar, and it can refuse to move (and pop up an alert, a-la "train lost" messages) if the next destination is too far away?

Obviously the player can still subvert this by changing the plane's orders mid-flight, but if they're that determined to get around it, they wouldn't have the patch turned on in the first place.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

PikkaBird wrote:
DaleStan wrote:when do you check, and what do you do if airport B is too far from airport A?
Perhaps you check when it tries to leave the terminal/hangar, and it can refuse to move (and pop up an alert, a-la "train lost" messages) if the next destination is too far away?

Obviously the player can still subvert this by changing the plane's orders mid-flight, but if they're that determined to get around it, they wouldn't have the patch turned on in the first place.
Exactly. It's like the freighttrains switch and wagonspeed switches.

You don't like it, don't switch it on.
You want to transport your goods with TGV and Eurostars? Fine, Do so. But if you like to play realisticly, then you can use those switches. Therefore, I think if the users don't want to play with aircraft ranges, he can switch it off, and than there is no need to cheat.
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

I would like to see it how it is made in game at a choice of a route for the ships
Greno Zee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greno Zee »

I must say this idea crossed my mind just recently as well but the search came up with this thread. So, just checking - I know that pointless threads would be generally ignored by developers - is this the case? If so, I really have no idea why but that's just me.
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

I know this is a very old topic thats been dug up, but i strongly agree with this feature request. I think it would also require a "do not load or unload" option in the order menu to allow planes to just refuel at certain airports
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Issue a go-to-hangar order; that'll do a pretty good job of it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

That would totally snarl up the traffic at the existing airports; it's practical only if we get the new, more efficient airports.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

krtaylor wrote:That would totally snarl up the traffic at the existing airports;
Unless you built airports specifically for refueling? :) I often build small airports just to service helicopters, so they don't cause jams at "real" airports.

Return to “Suggestions”