[REMOVED] Re-Make of the Automod

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [WIP] Re-Make of the Automod

Post by mc.crab »

Testing is going on quite slow I have to say. I have spent a lot of time just figuring out how to build the network and make it efficent without too much traffic jams. When I first played The Serpent I had problems with having too many trains on a single line. I'm trying to solve it with having two or more lines going.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

When the mod is released the serpent will be a little different...I'm working on a better version to make the industries in a better way to deliver the cargos via a more efficient flow.
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

I'm having trouble just putting the track down on the Serpent. :shock:
O_O
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

:? Weird. All I used was LJS Locos and stock, US Set, and The Provo UP Pack and the Provo Scenery Pack.
:shock:
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Some screenies.

Unloading station for oil and two loading stations for chemicals. One line takes chemicals to steelmill and the other to a factory. I'd take plastic pellets as well but I don't have currently anything that I can use to carry them.
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (216.44 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

The semi truck is taking scrapmetal to a scrap yard and the full trailer auto carrier is taking scrap automobiles to scrap yard.
Why is the town accepting scrap automobiles?
Screenshot4.png
Screenshot4.png (296.95 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

Two loading stations for coal.
Screenshot5.png
Screenshot5.png (265.25 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

I'm still drowning in latex. One of the plantations is producing 2000 m^3 of latex and the other is producing nearly 1000^3 of latex. I have added more trains there but they still can't keep up with the production.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] Re-Make of the Automod

Mod is released !!! I had to upload it on MEGAUPLOAD, because it was too big to upload on the forums. If somebody knows a better server-location for upload please let me know. It's 16.39MB in size. I decided to release this two days earlier than planned because I couldn't do anything about it anymore...So why wait ? Time has come to play this baby :lol:

Thnxss to Zimmlock, Plastikman, others that have worked on the mod, all of the test-players and you the people who will play it for your patience and feedback in the last weeks that the mod was in the making !

Please read the ReadMe files that come with it. If you have any problems or if you find any bugs, please let me know...

Download location is in the first post !!

For now I wish you all lots of fun with it and please let me know what you think of it and what you did with it...

Regards,

Erik
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I got some space here on TT-Forums :) Can upload it directly if you want?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Please ! Thnxss if you wan't to do that for me Illegal ! How do you want to do that ? Shall I send it to you via MSN or something like that ? Or will you download it from the link that's in the first post ? When you have uploaded it, can I have the link then too ? I want to place the link in my signature... :lol:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Already downloaded it; currently uploading it :). If you gonna do more mods, you could try ask for some space by mr Orudge :).

Direct download is here: http://users.tt-forums.net/locotrains/d ... 20V1.0.rar (Cant seem to add it to AMItrains :P)
Last edited by Illegal_Alien on 12 Aug 2011 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
ed-oorklep
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ed-oorklep »

Top notch stuff, gonna work a bit more on the serpent from the beta and then I'll try the released version, or maybe I'll take some time and edit some other trains for my own :mrgreen:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

mc.crab wrote: Why is the town accepting scrap automobiles?
In the released version all three autodealers accept Auto's and Gasoline and Produce Scrap-Automobiles and Scrap-Metal. No Scrap-Cars are being accepted anymore, only at the Scrap-Heap.

Nice screens Mr.Crab :wink: !!

@Ed-Oorklep Take your time man, I know you're pretty busy at the moment...Looking forward to your screens :D !
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Is the released version compatible with the beta version? If I install the released version, will I still be able to play the beta as I don't want to start from scratch now that I have everything running smoothtly.
I will definetly play the released version when I fininsh this one.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I've removed more off topic stuff, this topic is for the Automod re-make and not for asking random other questions.

So for the 2nd time, stay on topic :evil:

(pschlik, this means you!)
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

mc.crab wrote:Is the released version compatible with the beta version? If I install the released version, will I still be able to play the beta as I don't want to start from scratch now that I have everything running smoothtly.
I will definetly play the released version when I fininsh this one.
At least all of the city-buildings where changed. Scrap-Automobiles for example are no longer accepted in the towns and all of the buildings produce waste and accept electric equipment. I have edited them so the won't produce gasoline, electric equipment and don't accept waste anymore. Perhaps also some industries that produced stuff from nothing now must recieve the cargos first. As far as I know that's about the only thing that has been changed.

Some small things might have changed as well. I'm realy not sure wich beta version you have (I have released 3 beta's as far as I know to the test-players), so I suggest that you keep playing with your beta-version until you finish your current game as I'm not sure if anything changes for you. I have overwritten my versions many times and each time I did that I started with my back-up where it wasn't installed. So I had to throw away my saved games all the time :|

But now that the released version is up and running, everything is fine...

@Badger Thnxsss :D
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

YEAH released, greate job Sidious.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Nice work on the new Automod. I have yet to play it and I'll soon be playing it along side my hordes of reused railstock (made copies of a bunch of locomotives and made different locomotives with the same model that look similar enough to me)

Though could you make a Automod compatible version of the Heavy trucks mod laying around (its the one that lets trucks carry more cargo to be a little more useful). I would do it but my way would take far to long (it just took me 3 days to make 25 new locomotives with locotool frontend)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Do you mean the trucks from this pack: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... lit=trucks, of course you can edit them yourself as well. In the readme file you can find a small tutorial about how to edit them...Besides if I edit those, I think I might need permission from Chevyrider, because he has edit them first...

btw, The trucks that come with this mod already have a larger capacity then the original trucks in the game :lol: .

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”